Photo
- - - - -

Lady Ga Ga loves 'shot' Amy Winehouse

amy gaga lady winehouse

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

LADY GaGa has heaped praised on fellow singer Amy Winehouse - despite her many performances where she "didn't hit a note".
GaGa, real name Joanne Stefani Germanotta - Just Dance is at No. 1 in many countries says she's fascinated by the Rehab hitmaker and believes Amy has an 'honesty', despite the fact her live gigs are often a huge disappointment.

She says, "Amy is a real artist. I get frustrated when I tour so much that my voice is messed up.

"But I always say to myself that I watch performances from Amy where I swear she didn’t hit a note, and she was shot and shot deep on something, but I can't take my eyes off that beautiful girl. There's something about her that's so honest," Showbizspy reports.

"That was what the Seventies and Eighties were about, and what women were about then, and that’s why legends were created. It wasn’t about manicures.

http://www.news.com....5012327,00.html B-) (is it new? I've no idea...xD)
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#2 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

I totally agree! i don't know who this is, but I like her!! More honesty, less manicures.

#3 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:34 PM

I totally agree! i don't know who this is, but I like her!! More honesty, less manicures.

I didn't know her either Kev but yeah...i really love the girlB-)
This is what i got from wikipedia:

"Stefani Germanotta[6][7][8] (born March 20, 1986),[2] best known by her stage name Lady GaGa, is an American singer-songwriter and musician. She was born and grew up in Manhattan, where she attended private school at Convent of the Sacred Heart and later studied at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. At age 20, she began working for Interscope Records as a songwriter, penning songs for pop acts such as the Pussycat Dolls.[2] She has been influenced by rockers such as David Bowie and Queen as well as '80s pop singers such as Madonna and Michael Jackson.
In 2008, GaGa released her debut album, The Fame, which she explained was "about how anyone can feel famous".[9] To date, the album spawned the hit singles "Just Dance" and "Poker Face", the former of which was nominated for a Best Dance Recording Grammy Award.[10]"
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#4 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

Never been much of a fan of her, altough I guess her single is a killer and she has a cool image. Still not what I'd listen to.

I couldn't agree more tho. In every single bit of that. Wouldn't be too happy about reading that said about myself (even if it were as it is true)
Posted Image

#5 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:52 AM

CANNOT STAND Lady GaGa. I know we've got some fans here, but she's a terrible artist, and her image is just filthy, IMO.
  • Love is a losing game likes this
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#6 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:02 AM

where she attended private school at Convent of the Sacred Heart

She went to the same school as Paris Hilton, by the way. (don't know if it was this school)

Her music is not my thing and neither is her image, but hey good for her.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#7 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:38 AM

Yup! CAN'T STAND HER EITHER!! But if Amy is what she aspires to be then she must have something about her!! Who wouldn't look at Amy on stage and be fixated!! She has it all, and I can't help but hold my breath for her new album, because I can just feel we are all going to be blown away!! :)
Posted Image

#8 LisaliciA

LisaliciA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:42 AM

Couldn't stand her either - but this accoustic version is quite nice & proves that she can actually sing:

#9 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

Not a fan either but I like the acoustic version Lisa posted, gives me a sense of a real singer behind all the hype - and her comments on Amy are nice, too.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#10 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:41 AM

Couldn't stand her either - but this accoustic version is quite nice & proves that she can actually sing:

I wish she would do all of her stuff like that. That was actually ok, but I still just can't stand to look at her! lol
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#11 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

I think the girl's a berk, myself.... Anyone calling themself 'Lady' something usually is.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#12 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

her voice is similiar to Christina A.
She needs to loose the big bangs though . lol

different from other artists but I can see some potential for a good artist .
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#13 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

Lady GaGa was a songwriter before, right? So she must have some talent, but her image doesn't work for me at all. She just comes across as trying too hard to be 'special'.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#14 Amy-Fan2

Amy-Fan2

You know i'm no good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

i dont like her haircut ...

#15 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

Lady GaGa was a songwriter before, right? So she must have some talent, but her image doesn't work for me at all. She just comes across as trying too hard to be 'special'.

well, after seeing the clip i can say she does have talent but i agree with you, she's got to lose that image if she wants her talent to take her places.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amy, gaga, lady, winehouse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users