61 replies to this topic

#1 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

AMY WINEHOUSE was in hospital last night after collapsing on the island of St Lucia.

The drug addict star, 25, was said to be “a shaking mess” as she was rushed in.

Sources on the Caribbean isle, where she has been staying while battling heroin and crack cocaine addiction, said she had been drinking heavily.

One said: “She looked in a terrible state, a shaking mess. The people with her were very concerned.”

A spokesman for Amy confirmed she was in hospital. He said she had run out of a drug replacement she has been using.

Amy was said to be recovering well and was expected to leave hospital shortly.

http://www.thesun.co...icle2238137.ece
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#2 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:08 AM

Awful! Where I didn't worry much anymore since the messages about Amy seemed to confirm that she was getting from better to good to great lately, now I worry again, as you can't mess with alcohol for too long either, apart from what else she was/is (ab)using, without going from bad to worse... all over again. She's recovering well... okay, I'm very glad, but this is still a repeat of bad, sad history, a vicious cycle. I hope that she'll get REALLY better soon. Dammit Amy, we know you have a heart of gold, it's in your songs and character, but it wouldn't hurt if you start using your head now!

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 14 February 2009 - 01:22 AM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#3 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:18 AM

I'm just glad she was actually with other people when this happened. For all Amy's progress, this is a reminder that she still has a long road ahead of her - that recovery can take a while, b/c she's been through so much. It's good that she's on a drug replacement, but she still has to be vigilant, I guess....
"I've got hair like them"

#4 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:34 AM

P.S: An important cause must still be the Blake thing that's upsetting her so deeply. It's her biggest weakness, perhaps. She wrote/sang: "I just need a friend" in 2007 already; there's a clue to her needs also... and, are they met enough yet? I don't believe so, seeing how much energy she's wasting. Maybe she hasn't found too many real friends... a thousand camp-followers, snapshot-stalkers, moneyshot-vampires and a leage of professional and amateur morons, yes, her being famous, a celebrity, but is there a real friend hidden amongst them, I wonder...?

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 14 February 2009 - 01:37 AM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#5 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:55 AM

Oh Amy.. I wish only the best for YOU precious one.. this is like a dagger in my heart.
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#6 akemi

akemi

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:20 AM

A spokesman for Amy confirmed she was in hospital. He said she had run out of a drug replacement she has been using.

i don't believe it ;(
damn
Posted Image
(i dont speak english very well)

#7 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:37 AM

Time to light a candle....can anyone help me with that link we used for her b4???
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#8 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:09 AM

Time to light a candle....can anyone help me with that link we used for her b4???

http://www.gratefuln...enter.cfm?l=eng

#9 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

My destructive side has grown a mile wide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:47 AM

With all the progress she's made, this hurts very much to see. But I do think she is in a much better place to deal with this than she was a few months ago. I'm worried, but I think she is going to be able to overcome this setback very soon.
Posted Image

"...All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room."

#10 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:09 AM

10 steps forward tiny dancer.. 10 steps forward.. it's only HUMAN to lose your balance every once and again. We are all so very proud of you!!!! Carry on brave soldier.. you can do it!

#11 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:01 AM

DAMN IT..damn it..DAAAAMN it! Everything seemed to be going so well...
I know that drug addiction can be something that appears at first to be very hard to recover from. Now she might think that she's fighting a losing battle, but in reality, we all know she CAN get through this. You can do it Amy...stay strong!
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#12 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:51 AM

I say a little prayer for you...

#13 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:14 AM

I say a little prayer for you...

Whitney<33! WHAT A VOICE and what a song. LOVE it. I can't calm down. I'm all upset and everything. I just hope she's Ok...just hope she's safe and that she's doing fine. I just can't get her out of my head right now.:(
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#14 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:25 AM

Shit! This sucks... Hopefully her spokesperson is saying the truth and she ran out of her medication or something. I fucking hope it's only that and not a sad slip or anything.

Fingers crossed.
Posted Image

#15 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:51 AM

Oh shit... I somehow had gotten used to not having to worry as much anymore. It took a while for it to actually sink in when I read the title, instead of it causing an instant panic reaction like this sort of stuff used to do.

But I do remain positive.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users