19 replies to this topic

#16 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

I'd be interested in seeing the DVD, to see the dissection of Amy's music, I guess to really see what's behind, or what experts think is, behind the music per se.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#17 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:56 AM

I'v got it, it's an ok watch, but just that, its a breakdown of alot of people talking about Amy's style of music from her early day to now. Thats about it really. I buy them just to have them, but once is enough to watch it.
Posted Image

#18 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:58 PM

I'v got it, it's an ok watch, but just that, its a breakdown of alot of people talking about Amy's style of music from her early day to now. Thats about it really. I buy them just to have them, but once is enough to watch it.

True, but you have to watch it, because it's about Amy, right? And anything Amy, we'd want to see... not everything, not every square inch of misery, which I hope she'll experience less of.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 20 February 2009 - 02:05 PM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#19 Elena

Elena

Life is like a pipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

Damn the useless TV guide, missed this prog.
Ellie

#20 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

Thank you so much, Kev, for your first rate response. I should've mentioned in my question, though, that I own a copy and that I've seen it, just once, but I liked it, though it doesn't feature Amy so centrally as the I Told You I Was Trouble documentary does, which was made with Amy's (and Mitch's) coorporation and consent. The rating of just 2 and a half must be because The Girl Done Good has no such cooperation or authorization. As the comments you kindly added show, however, this documentary does show Amy from an interesting angle, namely, as seen by fellow (mostly jazz) musicians. When you've had the opportunity to see it yourself, then I'd still be interested to hear what your opinion about it is.

The original thread about Girl Done Good. There must be some opinions in there. http://www.amywineho...light=girl good
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users