135 replies to this topic

#1 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:50 AM

I know it's the tabloids - but I'm not saying it's true - just passing the message along (just want to clear that up!) ;-)

Amy Winehouse moving to Barnet - and away from Blake

The barnet is back... and heading for Barnet!

Amy Winehouse flew home from a TWO-month Caribbean break yesterday with her trademark 12-inch beehive back on her bonce.

But instead of unpacking, she spent the day preparing for a house move. Amy plans to move nearer her mum – and to get away from estranged hubby Blake.She is quitting Camden for the leafy North London suburb of Barnet.Our insider reveals: “Amy has had a wonderful two months living the high life in St Lucia and, of course, she’s sad to be back to reality. “But after getting her act together and staying off the drugs, she’s determined to stay clean.

“Camden holds a lot of bad memories – especially the time spent there with Blake. So while she was away her mum Janis went house-hunting on Amy’s behalf, looking at pads near her own. “She found a Regency-style four-bedroom townhouse in a middle-class, suburban area in Barnet. At around £1.4million it wasn’t cheap but Amy can afford it. Janis wants Amy close to her, so she can keep a strict eye on her daughter.

“The move is to ensure Amy stays out of harm’s way and focuses on making great music.” Making great music is exactly what five-time Grammy-winner Amy has been doing in St Lucia. She has been working on the debut album of her 12-year-old god-daughter, Dionne Bromfield. The first single, out this month, features Amy on backing vocals.

Landing at Gatwick Airport yesterday, 25-year-old Amy had a slight smile for photographers before getting into a waiting car.She spent the afternoon with dad Mitch, cheering on Spurs in the Carling Cup final. Who, er, lost. Her return does not signal a reunion with Blake Fielder Civil. As well as changing her mobile number, Amy has told friends: “I’m here for Dionne – not Blake.”

Their divorce is expected to be finalised early this summer, with Blake refusing Amy’s £100,000 take-it-or-leave-it offer.

We do hope things stay, er, Civil!

http://www.mirror.co...15875-21164158/
"I've got hair like them"

#2 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:01 AM

And The Sun:
Posted Image

http://www.thesun.co...icle2283900.ece

#3 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:02 AM

Previous reports said she was moving to Hadley Wood. This article says Barnet. They appear to be in the same general area but not sure it's the same place. Also, I think the Hadley Wood place was described as a mansion but this article says a townhouse.

Anyway, glad she's going to be out of Camden and close to her Mom.

I remember there was a pic once of Amy sitting in front of a "High Barnet" tube station sign. The tabloid made a joke about it because of her beehive ("barnet" means hair).
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#4 erickonasis

erickonasis

Back 2 Black >

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:31 AM

Great News...Like the pic as well with her dad close by
Posted Image

#5 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:38 AM

1 - I thought she went back to London to get near Blake!?!?!?!?

2 - YAY! Away from Camden!

3 - Hopefully now she can focus on her music!!!

4 - Looking at that photo posted, she looks great, but it makes me realize she still has a long way to go

5 - New Dionne single this month!?!?!?!? Amy on backing vocals!?!?!?!?!? IF IF IF IF this is true, then COOL!
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#6 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:52 AM

I want Amy to work on her album. Get your mind on your music and your music on your mind.

#7 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:55 AM

These Mirror and Sun reports seem true and informative, for a change, and what they report is exciting, most of it very positive, apart from her new neighbours, saying there goes the neighbourhood... imagine having Amy Winehouse in your neighbourhood! This forum would buy the neighbourhood, if we were all millionai-ers!8-/
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#8 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:13 AM

Thanx Lainey!!
Isn't it strange that both papers seem to be reporting the same story so in theory they should be identical, but the only thing that is the same is the fact that Amy is back in London. You'd think the fact that she has paps following her day and nite they could at least get the address right!! The one thing I am very happy about is, it does seem she is after getting a house with a drive, so she wont be jumped on everytime she opens her front door! One says shes back for Blake, one shes back for Dionne. Whoever is telling stories about her obviously isn't very reliable so why cant they just hold back on the hearsay and just print what they know!! She is home , she is happy, she is healthy and she has moved house.
Posted Image

#9 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

Thanx Lainey!!
Isn't it strange that both papers seem to be reporting the same story so in theory they should be identical, but the only thing that is the same is the fact that Amy is back in London. You'd think the fact that she has paps following her day and nite they could at least get the address right!! The one thing I am very happy about is, it does seem she is after getting a house with a drive, so she wont be jumped on everytime she opens her front door! One says shes back for Blake, one shes back for Dionne. Whoever is telling stories about her obviously isn't very reliable so why cant they just hold back on the hearsay and just print what they know!! She is home , she is happy, she is healthy and she has moved house.

Though the papers don't report identically, through most of it I get a hopeful picture of an Amy who's returned to England to a life that won't be as chaotic as it was when she left. A new house & neighbourhood can't work wonders on someone by themselves, probably, but it'll at least enable her to create more room in her head, give her the space that she needs.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 02 March 2009 - 11:01 AM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#10 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:59 AM

Does anybody here believe that plane fight story? Seems a little fishy to me.
Mike from NY, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Sep 2007.

#11 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:04 AM

Yes, strange, and SO hearsay that I'd already forgotten about it.

#12 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:33 AM

To be hones mike, no. Does really seem a bit far fetched to me!! And remember what paper it came from, the sun. That says it all to me really. I'm far happier to believe the mirror story.
Posted Image

#13 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:05 PM

I'd love to believe the Mirror story! :) It makes me happy to read the words Amy Winehouse and music in the same sentence again! It's about time that she goes back to the studio and works on some new material!

Hmmm ... is the Dionne album thing confirmed? I wonder if Amy produced it on her own or if another producer helped them? I'm starting to get interested in this project.
"FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE"
Janis Joplin

Posted Image

#14 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

Hadley Wood or Barnet...... ha, ha, what a choice!

#15 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

Hmm, I seemed to have missed that story. Anyway, I'm sure it's not worth wasting my time on it. Not the first time they've had a plane (or fight) story.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users