172 replies to this topic

#136 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:09 PM

Anyone manage to record and upload Mitch on the Alan Titchmarsh show yesterday?
"I've got hair like them"

#137 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:26 PM

http://www.facebook....100000674736316

Saving Amy

I am an upcoming book. One of the biggest editors described me as: "smart little sharp book... so entertaining... so funny... and of course there is this true moment which is so hard to disgest!"

Samia Rodriguez Reading the book - very funny. And even the troubled father admitts at the end, that Blake is not the real problem.
Samia.

8 hours ago
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#138 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:32 PM

Sasha Albert "saving amy" by Daphne Barak is funny, sad, smart, smart, smart book.
Sasha.

Mon at 4:57am\

edit: more here:

Saving Amy

http://external.ak.f...8x355.jpg<br />

Amy Winehouse: Maybe I'm part of Amy's problem: Mitch Winehouse comes clean | Mail Online
www.dailymail.co.uk
International journalist Daphne Barack spent months sharing some of the Winehouse family's most intimate moments. But her controversial report will NOT please the star's father Mitch.

February 7 at 8:22am · Share

Ana Piszczek likes this.

Posted ImageAna Piszczek Thanks for that fascinating article! Your insights into the situation are very interesting! The photo of Amy's tatooed arm, and the photo with Jane and Janice, are each worth 10,000 words. I'm wondering if Amy is acting out the feelings her mother can't express.

February 7 at 9:41am

Posted ImageSamia Rodriguez Great read! These parents sound like they need parenting.
Daphne is so sharp to observe all that. I hope, it will help poor Amy.
Samia.

February 7 at 2:28pm

Edited by suestev07, 17 February 2010 - 05:35 PM.

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#139 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

OOOH! Blake is not the real problem, she's blaming the parents! Good lawd, I didn't see that one coming! What a revelation!

SHOCK, HORRORRRRRRR!!!!!! :|
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#140 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:16 PM

I wonder if Mitch didn't put a stop to the documentary or threaten legal action would she still be blaming them, some how I doubt it.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#141 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:27 AM

I wonder if Mitch stopped the documentary because she hit a nerve and exposed a version of the truth he didn't like?

#142 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:17 AM

The Winehouses got Baracked. People who buy this stuff, in both senses of the word, probably also find Oprah holy and Dr. Phil a saint. I stick with my own beliefs, which are firmly based on self-belief, and I blame religion, capitalism, globalization, carbon emissions and bad coffee for pretty much everything.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#143 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:21 AM

...and I blame religion, capitalism, globalization, carbon emissions and bad coffee for pretty much everything.

LOL

#144 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:16 AM

The Barack panto
Posted Image
Daddy's girl: What's that bitch doing here anyway, dad?!
Dad: Now, now, young lady, there's no need to become so rude!
Daddy's girl: Oh, yes, there is!
Dad: Oh, no, there isn't!

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 18 February 2010 - 06:21 AM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#145 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:15 PM

Daphne is a psychic vampire; not what the Winehouse's need around them.

I'm glad Mitch has had a go about it, and I hope it never surfaces. It's going to be a hatchetfest anyway.

#146 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:52 PM

How can one save another by profiting from their misery? Rugged, Jayne and Sassy are right, IMHO, Barak unearthed some Winehouse drama and Mitch is trying to put a stop to it. At the end of the day, this drama is generating more publicity and interest for a person, by her own hand, probably physically, mentally and psychically damaged herself. This is turning into a macabre circus. I'm glad I'm not seeing any pics of Winehouse in Jamaica. Third album or no, Blake or no Blake, leave the lady in peace.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#147 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:20 AM

Guardian book review: http://www.guardian....amy-book-review
http://images.bertra...nent=frontcover

#148 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:09 AM

^Good, non-sensationalist review; I wish that the reviewist, Kitty Empire, had done the book. I also think that Amy would've probably liked and trusted her more, and consequently, would've probably volunteered a lot more real insight into her psyche than what Daphne Barak's cold and calculated approach produced. Amy isn't fooled that easily... when she doesn't want to be, that is.

#149 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

"As the fallout clears, Winehouse admits she is terrified she won't be able to live up to people's expectations as a performer. The one fresh conclusion you can draw from this flawed but illuminating book is that, as well as all her other problems, Winehouse fille is suffering from the mother of all writer's blocks."

Gee, she's human!

Whatever Amy comes out with will be most welcome by this fan. As Iulian often says, each album on its own, not compared to anything.

#150 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:10 AM

People who buy this stuff, in both senses of the word, probably also find Oprah holy and Dr. Phil a saint.

Just bought the book! Figured it would be worth a read, despite the fact I'm taking this woman's opinions with a grain of salt. The fact that it seems as though Mitch has barred the doco just makes me want to see it more,as the old saying goes. Will let you all know what I think.

Oh, and I can't stand Dr Phil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users