I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:56 PM

MMMMmmmm i see what u all mean Know
i managed to read the whole times article in the end
even though its upsetting

daphine sounds condesending,,,and some parts getting annoyed !!!
especially the part regarding the dress Lol,,,

But what i have read does seem alarming to the exstent of Amys behaviour
its all sooo terribly sad :'-(

#62 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

Best. Poet. Ever.

lol my fav too!

#63 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:17 PM

"Tread carefully, for you tread on my dreams."
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#64 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:27 PM

Isn't "asshole" more PC?

Yes, that's why I said cunt.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#65 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

Yes, that's why I said cunt.

No other word better expresses the sense of cuntishness! Women, however, have more license in being able to use it. At least that's what all the cunts at work keep telling me.

#66 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:41 PM

^ Ha Ha!
"I've got hair like them"

#67 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:39 AM

I'm going to stay calm. I'm going to keep loving Amy. I'm not getting my hopes up for the resumption of her career anytime soon, and I realize that "never" is a possibility, but I'm not writing off the chances either. I'm thankful she's alive, that is a miracle in itself. I'm not going to condemn her, I think it's possible she's actually doing the best she can at the moment, she's just ill, with a multitude of problems, and maybe the doctors have done all they can for now. This is obviously a very difficult case. Maybe time will be the healer. Mitch is right, Amy has come a long way in 6 months. I thank Mitch and Janis for their roles in that. I'm not going to get angry at Daphne Barak, despite the exploitation, though I will let myself be annoyed. My focus is on Amy, and I admit I like to know what's going on with Amy, because I care for her. I save my anger for the people who have actually helped make Amy's life hell and for the ignorant people who bear Amy malice. I don't think she's going to be ready to perform at Shepherds Bush and wish they would maybe do a fan "meet-and-greet" instead. I would think that would be less stressful for her but still allow the label to show her off. I'd gladly pay the ticket price to just meet her, as opposed to watching her self-destruct on stage.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#68 shaylaxtx

shaylaxtx

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:00 AM

i got the video feed to work by holding my mouse on the scoller and keeping it moving. it's mainly just Mitch talking but there is about 5 second snippet of Amy asking him to watch her play drums.

also if you click the link at the bottom of the video "daphne barak" it brings you to her website and the vid works there as well as a picture of Amy with her.

Edited by shaylaxtx, 12 May 2009 - 04:03 AM.

#69 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:06 AM

Well said, Dave. I don't doubt that if the forces of Good get her back in the clinic for another quickie rehab, she'd be as well as she was for the Grammys. But she's understandably tired of her old songs, and if new ones aren't ready she shouldn't try to fake caring about singing old ones. But how cool would it be to team up with Toots for a Bob Marley tribute! And she could pay her long-suffering band to stay home. They deserve a break. As do you!
I've shared your worst case scenario fears since I first laid eyes on her.

#70 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:31 AM

Quote I liked.

Then she turns towards me and starts singing her own version of Marilyn Monroe’s birthday song. For a few seconds this shaky, nervous waif is transformed into someone immensely powerful.

Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#71 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:48 AM

after reading the article a few times through, its confirmed my suspicions: daphne barak IS rita skeeter

i don't know how much truth is in the article, although i suspect more than i'd like. it doesn't really surprise me that amy might have turned to alcohol, and it would explain the st lucia gig. its important to remember that even a couple of years' drug addiction can take just as long, if not more time, to recover from.

the irony is, amy always refused rehab because she thought she could do it herself, she thought she was strong enough. then she relented and went to clinics to help her overcome her chemical addiction, as if that was the only problem. she didn't need the therapy, just the medical care. now that she's (apparently) free from drugs, her psychological problems are plain for all to see, and i'm not just talking about daphne's article - from videos, photos and other media thats found its way onto the internet. now that she's free of drugs, it seems rehab was really what she needed all along.

i think she should befriend lily allen - she's been in therapy for years, sometimes for no particular reason, sometimes for critical reasons (miscarriages, broken relationships). maybe she can show her that its not a sign of weakness, but one of strength, to ask for emotional help.

overall though, i have to agree with what mitch says (even if i don't agree with some of his decisions): its a miracle she's here today at all. i for one will stand by her, no matter how long it takes for her to be back to her best, if she ever gets there at all. i have two pretty good reasons to already.

#72 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm not really buying the argument that it's OK if Amy is tired of singing the 'old songs' - they're not even that 'old', for crying out loud. That's it's understandable if she's bored with them. No, it's really not OK. Not if people pay money and expect the artist to still show some interest in their material.

If Amy is truly bored singing old songs, then her management should not book her for concerts until she has written some new material.

There are thousands of musicians who still play older songs in concert as freshly as the day they were first written, and they seem to still enjoy it, as do the fans.

Just my 2 cents.
"I've got hair like them"

#73 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:02 AM

Agree with you Lainey, and I might add that Amy was not forced to sing her songs ( I guess). Being invited to a Jazz fest. was the occasion to allow more liberty in her set; maybe add covers or new songs...There are ways to avoid being bored...To me, it seems like another bad excuse for such a mess.

#74 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:22 AM

I think Amy won't mind a person being real towards her, communicating reality clearly to her, but only when it's done by an emotionally very intelligent person, or I might as well say wise.

It seems Amy only knows a flight/fight reaction to emotional pain, meaning, she flees in men-eating (sorry, but true, to a certain extent), socializing, drinking, drugging, etc., which we recognize as her destructive side. Her creative side is the natural counterweight. She has often said herself, that without it, she'd be nowhere. Well, considering where she is now, some say lost, some even say gone, no-one is wrong in wanting her to come back. Double meaning intended.

In the meantime, she behaves erratically, which is a vague and confusing, even misleading qualification, in that her childlike qualities are a force for good that she has clearly not lost an emotional connection with. So, what seems strange behaviour, can in truth be a transitory condition, a necessary regression to her childlike self, until her creative, constructive side takes over, with or without help from outside.

Anyway, Freud & psychoanalysis would piss her off, I'm sure of it. Amy doesn't like the feeling of being led, as she's not a follower. The lyric of "You should be stronger than me" already clearly states what she needs and doesn't need. So do all her songs. I call it self-transcending honesty. Or genius.

This post has become long, but after all that happened, I felt compelled to come up with some possible answers.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 13 May 2009 - 12:31 AM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#75 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:15 PM

Well, there is definitely something shifty about this Daphne Barak. If she's really a world-class journalist, why have I never heard of her before, and why is her website so amateurish? I don't blame Mitch or Janis, they are just desperately trying to get through to Amy. Then along comes Daphne and takes advantage of them all. Unfortunately, I suspect there is some truth to that article though. I just have this sinking feeling that, despite her recent progress, Amy is still very far from being well.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users