489 replies to this topic

#31 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

Wth, do they think she has a 12 trip pass to the hospital or something?!
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#32 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

Zalon Thompson I hope the band don't stink haha

Me too!

#33 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:24 PM

Lainey: I hope the backing singers don't stink.

JUST KIDDING!
"I've got hair like them"

#34 Divine411

Divine411

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

OMG.....they cancelled tonight's show with Kassav and the Wailers due to bad weather....persons with tonight's tickets can hold on to their tickets for tomorrow's show (which is actually a good deal). i hope it doesnt rain tomorrow.

#35 Divine411

Divine411

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

its 6:00pm right now in St. lucia

#36 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

oh no...
is that gig completely canceled or postponed?

#37 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

Friday Night
Posted Image Windy and humid with a moonlit sky Low: 25°C RealFeel®: 28°C View the Hour-By-Hour™ Forecast Winds: E at 35km/h Wind Gusts: 65 km/h Min UV Index: N/A Thunderstorm
Probability: 12% Amount of
Precipitation: 0.0mm Amount of Rain: 0.0mm Amount Snow: 0.00cm

http://www.accuweath...metric=1&fday=2

#38 Divine411

Divine411

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:38 PM

oh no...
is that gig completely canceled or postponed?

here's what i got in my inbox:

Please be advised that the Jazz event scheduled for tonight ( 07/05/09) has been cancelled to the continuous inclement weather.

Please note however that two performances has been moved to Gaiety - one of which is the Wailers. Kassav will be performing tomorrow night and ticket holders who did not use their tickets to attend the show at Gaiety will be allowed entry to the park for tomorrows' show (Amy Winehouse).

#39 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Dark Pandora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:00 PM

here's what i got in my inbox:

Please be advised that the Jazz event scheduled for tonight ( 07/05/09) has been cancelled to the continuous inclement weather.

Please note however that two performances has been moved to Gaiety - one of which is the Wailers. Kassav will be performing tomorrow night and ticket holders who did not use their tickets to attend the show at Gaiety will be allowed entry to the park for tomorrows' show (Amy Winehouse).

those ticket holders are veryyyyy lucky hahaha they'r gonna be on Amy's showwwww
LOLLOLLOLLOL
R.I.P.
Amy Winehouse

Forever in our hearts, shall we meet in Heaven this time!

#40 Divine411

Divine411

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:30 AM

sigh.....it's still raining:-$

#41 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:37 AM

Wind Gusts: 65 km/h. :( Hopefully, just temporary....

#42 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Dark Pandora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:38 AM

sigh.....it's still raining:-$

Wind Gusts: 65 km/h. :( Hopefully, just temporary....

OMG :-$
R.I.P.
Amy Winehouse

Forever in our hearts, shall we meet in Heaven this time!

#43 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:43 AM

I know - it would be such a disappointment if this were to be canceled. This is Amy's first concert in a very long time where she actually seems as if she's truly fit and well enough to put on a really good show. St. Lucia's been so good for her. I think she'd be really devastated if the show doesn't go on. I think this is her chance to prove the naysayers wrong.

There'll be other chances, I know, but this one seems important. It's the right time and the right place.

#44 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:48 AM

Weather seems to be okay for tomorrow night 11pm - 29 deg., partly cloudy..

As they say, "one more sleep"...hope hope hope it all works out okay, in every way....
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#45 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

Amy Winehouse has spoken for the first time about her life on the island of St Lucia.

The singer, who has been an on and off visitor to the Caribbean for the last five months, said she had made “friends for life” and “been inspired by my surroundings”.

Amy made the comments in a statement ahead of her proposed comeback show at St Lucia's Jazz Festival tonight.

She said it was an “honour” to be playing at the festival, adding that it was her way of thanking “an island and people that have been so welcoming to me".

But tonight's performance could be jeopardised by strong winds and rain which have been battering the island for the last three days.

The unsettled weather conditions led to the cancellation of last night's concerts, although Amy played an intimate gig at her hotel.

According to the BBC, the only indoor alternative available for tonight's show has already been booked.

In her statement to PA, the Rehab star said: "It is an honour to play the St Lucia jazz festival this year - since I first came to the island, I have been greeted with nothing but kindness and friendship, as well as incredible music and the most beautiful of settings, I have made friends for life and have been inspired by my surroundings."

Amy has been using her most recent stay in the Caribbean to record her third album.

http://www.entertain...-caribbean-stay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users