489 replies to this topic

#466 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

am i the only one who thinks she was not terribly terrible?
I mean, ok she was late, forgot her lyrics, got off stage like...out of the blue, and was drunk (yeah just noticed that any of this sounds good) but I mean, I was at Rock in Rio lisbon last year and I think I know what I'm talkin' about lol
actualy, this video made me feel a little less worried about her vocal abilities
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#467 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

if i stayed high, drunk and naked in a massive stage and sang britney spears songs dressed as a banana, that would have been better than rock in Lisbon. Sorry to hear you were there.. it was probably a waste of your money.
Compared to it, of course st lucia was paradise, but it still was shit. Worst part is she had all the time in the world to prepare herself for that gig and she was terrible. So, my conclusion is she's not ready to perform in front of an audience and is not ready to be singing btb songs, and unfortunately wont be for a loooong time. And until we see and hear her on form again, i wont be sure if her vocal abilitiesare still there.
The thing is, amy is way more than just a voice, and her other abilities will make her the legend she already is till the day she dies.
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#468 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

if i stayed high, drunk and naked in a massive stage and sang britney spears songs dressed as a banana, that would have been better than rock in Lisbon. Sorry to hear you were there.. it was probably a waste of your money.
Compared to it, of course st lucia was paradise, but it still was shit. Worst part is she had all the time in the world to prepare herself for that gig and she was terrible. So, my conclusion is she's not ready to perform in front of an audience and is not ready to be singing btb songs, and unfortunately wont be for a loooong time. And until we see and hear her on form again, i wont be sure if her vocal abilitiesare still there.
The thing is, amy is way more than just a voice, and her other abilities will make her the legend she already is till the day she dies.

I felt sorry for her behaviour, she got on stage smoking a spliff, and was drunk as hell. she had a lot of bruises and her wrist was severely hurt.
She was very talkative though. lool
Personaly, i don't think it was a waste of money, but i have my own reasons.
knowing where you're coming from by saying st lucia was a piece of shit, I must agree with you lol I was just saying it was not as horrible as I was thinking before watching a more reliable/complete footage of the performance. yes she's not ready, and I truely regret that, but at the end of the day, i'd rather wait whatever time i have to wait, than watching amy's panties and her massive drinking ON STAGE!
keeping my hopes up when it comes to her vocals.;-)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#469 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

if i stayed ... naked and dressed as a banana

B-)
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#470 brando

brando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:31 AM

you know, i'm gonna do it this weekend. just to make my point clear.
my band's first gig is this friday, and i'll go as a banana.. and nothing else;-)

#471 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:19 AM

^ ooh video please! :dancebanana::)

#472 Lupita

Lupita

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:43 AM

my band's first gig is this friday, and i'll go as a banana.. and nothing else;-)

I have to see it......

#473 Guest_Strawberrie_*

Guest_Strawberrie_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:43 AM

I think it's not so good to perform if you're feeling bad and you want to get away form this world..
I love her anyways.
Maybe i am too nice. But, that's what i think.

#474 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:53 PM

Requesting pics please. This'll make my day! xxx
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#475 brando

brando

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:32 PM

dunno.. i'm having second thoughts haha

ps:where the FUCK where you?

#476 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

^^^
I've been lost in my so called life.. nothing good.
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#477 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:22 PM

Brando, good luck with your gig. Let us know how it went.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#478 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:55 PM

Best of luck, my friend. Channel those Keith Moon/ Bonzo spirits, you'll be just fine!

xxx
"I've got hair like them"

#479 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

^^^
Break a leg Brando! Special day indeed! Even Lainey the great came out of hiding to wish you well! xxx to u both!

#480 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

Carolina: good luck, and more importantly, have fun!
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users