31 replies to this topic

#16 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

haha dont want to go on with this forever but kanye produced 4 tracks.

edit: oops.. cuntlikekanye did produce 4 tracks but jay z was just exec as you said. my mistake.
i still like him though ha

http://en.wikipedia....i/The_Blueprint

Edited by brando, 01 April 2009 - 06:39 PM.

The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#17 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

besides where does it say he wants to produce her?
he said 'work with her'..??

^ Yeah that's what I thought too. I don't think he wants to produce her whole album. I wouldn't like that! Ronson is the man for that! But I bet if they would do a collab he would most likely produce the track or at least executive produce it. I think that would be fine and interesting!

Haha I seem to be the only one that didn't hate the Jay-Z remix of Rehab. I thought it was kinda cool! Not brilliant but I still like it.
"FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE"
Janis Joplin

Posted Image

#18 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

hummm...I guess you are all right, first I tought it could be an interesting gathering you know? ronson, amy and jay, but then I remembered the remix (my head aches when I think of it), when i first listened to it, i tought it was a fake one made by someone other than jay-z, you know?
but its nice to hear that he can apreciate a good artist like Amy though.

P.S- just for the record, I like jay-z, and i wouldn't mind if he colaborated with Amy in one of the tracks - with ronson's orientation of course :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#19 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Dark Pandora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

hummm...I guess you are all right, first I tought it could be an interesting gathering you know? ronson, amy and jay, but then I remembered the remix (my head aches when I think of it), when i first listened to it, i tought it was a fake one made by someone other than jay-z, you know?
but its nice to hear that he can apreciate a good artist like Amy though.

P.S- just for the record, I like jay-z, and i wouldn't mind if he colaborated with Amy in one of the tracks - with ronson's orientation of course :)

same
R.I.P.
Amy Winehouse

Forever in our hearts, shall we meet in Heaven this time!

#20 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:30 PM

I thought he did a great intro to Umbrella, and I'm sure they could do good collaborations, but I wouldn't want to see him on an Amy album. I agreed with Pete® Doherty's producer saying that an Amy duet would clash with the rest of his album. Like the Ghostface remix on the US B2B, fine by itself, poison on the album.

#21 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

She used Ronson once. Five Grammys. 11 million sold. Unless she wants to go in a whole new direction, she's be crazy not to use the same team as last time.

#22 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

Who knows what Jay-Z could do with Amy? Let's not jump to conclusions that just because he's a hip-hop artist that their styles wouldn't work together. I doubt that Amy would let him take full control anyway. I'm sure it would be similar to her relationship with any other producer - a collaboration.

Edited by Lainey, 01 April 2009 - 09:37 PM.

"I've got hair like them"

#23 MonkeyGirl

MonkeyGirl

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

there are so many people who are much better than him.
it's just another bad information.
MonkeyGirl, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Sep 2007.

#24 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:45 AM

I'm not thrilled about Jay-Z. Never was a fan. Don't want him working with Amy. She should work HIM.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#25 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:45 PM

I say the the more collaboration , the more variety . Cant wait for it though!
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#26 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

I say the the more collaboration , the more variety . Cant wait for it though!

If she chooses, then whom she chooses is right. If she's pressured to make a certain choice, or feels pressured to make it, then the quality of the collaboration will be less, and the results will likely sound laboured. No doubt there is pressure, but I hope that she follows her own preferences, which until now have proven to be just right.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 06 April 2009 - 08:58 PM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#27 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:14 PM

His collaboration on the Rehab remix did nothing for me and I dont think there's really much he could add to any Winehouse track. His little diddy on Coldplay's "Lost" did nothing for me either.

I'm requesting him to stop.

NOW... Mos Def's verse on "Love Is A Losing Game" was brilliant.

#28 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:15 PM

I would like some collabs on the next album, tho. or at least on remixes.

#29 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:45 AM

...dont' know if it belongs here, but at least it's about Amy and Jay-Z..

http://ow.ly/1fzRu
Jay Z on his Love for Zalon and Amy Winehouse!!!

Posted March 14th, 2010 by Admin

Currently on our side of the Atlantic, rapper Jay-Z has once again spoken of his love for Amy Winehouse’s music!!

Talking to Jonathon Ross and Radio 1’s Newsbeat last week, Jay-Z claimed that Amy has helped British artists become more credible and successful.

There’s a strong push coming out of London right now which is great,” said Jay. “It’s been coming ever since, I guess, Amy Winehouse. I mean always, but I think Amy, this resurgence was ushered in by Amy, that’s how I see it.”

Jay-Z went on to admit that Tears Dry On Their Own is his favourite Amy track, but went on to say: I’m just praying she doesn’t turn into Lauryn Hill and we never get another album.”

Fantastic praises from this legendary figure have also been extended onto Zalon as Amy introduced both Zalon and Jay Z to each other at Glastonbury last year. Amy said “Meet Zalon, he sings with me and he’s amazing” Jay Z said “If Amy said so you must be, I look forward to hearing your music”

Look out for Jay-Z head lining the Wireless Festival later this year!!
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#30 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:56 PM

ITA w/Lainey, it's a wait and see. Plus, it's up to Winehouse, so if it worked for Rihanna and Alicia Keys, who knows?
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users