85 replies to this topic

#16 Merlin

Merlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:52 AM

well I'm not fan of him but that lose yourself track is awesome...well weezy is tha best:secret:

#17 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:14 AM

I just think Rap and Hip-Hop have dreadfully slipped in a downward spiral toward music hell, and the result has engulfed almost all music into the grim fate of music for the future.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#18 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:31 AM

This Punk never impressed me ... still doesn't... move on...

Oh.. and the move on comment was aimed at the wanna be attention grabber Eminem.. never to the Forum members...

Edited by manic_blue, 08 April 2009 - 04:11 AM.

He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#19 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:19 AM

some of these comments from the NME site sum it up for me....
Comments (6)
Add a comment

whatawasteoftime
Apr 7, 2009

Eminiem has long since stopped being relevant in any way. His music has gone right down the shitter as well.
aphexbin
Apr 7, 2009

Its funny, but the song is pretty lame
Psycho_Mafia
Apr 7, 2009

love it how these hip hop "artists" push the boundaries, always proclaiming themselves as innovaters and original, yet the music and the lyrical content hasnt changed for a good ten years now, he use to sing about the spice girls, then britney spears and christina, now amy winehouse, how fucking boring!
jb60532
Apr 7, 2009

How can anyone seriously listen to this nonsense?!?!
danshaggy292
Apr 7, 2009

Sorry, but that was shit. He should have stayed retired. The first three albums were great, but now, as whatawasteoftime says, he isn't relevant any more.
Willy Plonka
Apr 7, 2009

If, as I believe, Eminem is mocking Winehouse for her drug addiction...........then maybe, he would like to look a little nearer to home and to one of his 'Friends'.......then maybe that Friends son, might be here today........... Contrived wanker

#20 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:27 AM

I actually like some of his more serious songs. He does have talent but why he uses it for this type of crap is beyond me. It's funny how at The Sun they all seem to love this.
Mike from NY, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Sep 2007.

#21 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:10 PM

I like Eminem. This is actually his 2nd single in the US, tho. I just hope he has better material, tho.

#22 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

I'm a big Eminem fan and I like his new song. Eminem always comes out with catchy and funny first singles (videos). Encore sucked so I'm hoping that Relapse generally will have a more serious vibe!

Other than that it's kinda cool that he mentioned Amy. Means that she really is THE big star right now. Otherwise he wouldn't even think of her.
I generally don't take Em too serious so it doesn't bother me that he mentions Amy.
"FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE"
Janis Joplin

Posted Image

#23 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

what a crappy rapper ! ... I always wonder why he ditched his mother so much in his older albums. I remember his mom said in a interview that she never did anything wrong to him.
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#24 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:45 AM

Dayum, If I was Jessica Simpsom I would be mortified. Although I did find it funny in a juvenile humor way.
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#25 Mb3

Mb3

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:56 PM

I liked Eminem's first two cds a lot and the Eminem show still was a good album in my opinion but I've to agree with Sweetsklet because his last one wasn't that good. I also find this new video funny even though he's had a couple of other ones that were similar to this one.
Mb3, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Jan 2008.

#26 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:09 AM

I'd hoped for something wittier from Eminem, but I don't think he's insulting Amy. I stopped watching the video halfway through, it bored me. At his best, I think he's one of the most talented people around.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#27 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:23 PM

I don't think he's insulting her either. I also wanted to stop the video after about 15 seconds, but instead just took my headphones off and fast forwarded till I saw "Amy".
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#28 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

I heard his mother had done plenty to him as a child, on account of her suffering from Munchausen's Syndrome by proxy.

I thought she always had him in and out of the hospital, and had had a drug problem.

#29 shoegal

shoegal

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

I can`t open the vid ... could you please tell me what it is about?? xxx
[SIZE="4"]

We only said goodbye with words - I died a hundred times - You go back to her - And I go back to black

[/SIZE]

#30 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:04 PM

I can`t open the vid ... could you please tell me what it is about?? xxx

Nothing special, just Eminem dissing a bunch of celebs like Jessica Simpson, Sarah Palin, Amy Winehouse, etc.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users