36 replies to this topic

#16 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:57 AM

I didn't like the "pushing" part. I would have put my arm around Amy and tried to comfort her.
  • MaxenceU, Germanfrole and larahd4 like this
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#17 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:06 AM

I didn't like the "pushing" part. I would have put my arm around Amy and tried to comfort her.

I'd have kissed her and held her. I think she needs that right now.
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#18 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

Been glancing through this book, she is full of shit, a dreamer making them all sound ficked up, she makes mitch and janis sound don't give a fuck and amy like a special needs child, and they all adore and look upto this woman, like she is a God, what fuckin shit, attention seeking whore

#19 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

I haven't read the book but there is something about Daphne Barak I don't like.

#20 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

Just finished Daphne's book "Saving Amy" the chapter "Wake Up Alone" is very disturbing at points - are you saying she is a liar? Alex Foden claims that he saw Amy swallowing bags of heroin to take to St Lucia on the plane - don't know how true this is?

#21 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

Does anybody know what happened with the documentary that Daphne Barak made in St Lucia? It seems that it has not been released yet. Here's the sequence from the film:
http://www.nme.com/n...search/st-lucia

#22 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

Does anybody know what happened with the documentary that Daphne Barak made in St Lucia? It seems that it has not been released yet. Here's the sequence from the film:
http://www.nme.com/n...search/st-lucia

Didn't Mitch pull the plug on the film because he wasn't happy with what Daphne was doing anymore? Or did I deam that?

#23 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

There was a documentary with that title on Channel 4 in the UK during that time, about Jamaica, mostly Mitch was in it with only a few glimpses of Amy. I got the impression that Amy didn't like being filmed and as I recall, Mitch regretted his involvement with Daphne Barak. However there was no hint of Amy taking hard drugs in the documentary, though she was still drinking and Mitch did talk to a counsellor about what the previous year had been like.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#24 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:49 PM

There was a documentary with that title on Channel 4 in the UK during that time, about Jamaica, mostly Mitch was in it with only a few glimpses of Amy. I got the impression that Amy didn't like being filmed and as I recall, Mitch regretted his involvement with Daphne Barak. However there was no hint of Amy taking hard drugs in the documentary, though she was still drinking and Mitch did talk to a counsellor about what the previous year had been like.

You talk about "My daughter Amy" - I think it wasn't Daphne's work. Her film was called "Saving Amy" but maybe she changed it?

#25 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

I had always wondered if whether or not the footage used in 'Saving Amy' was what would have perhaps been included in Daphne's film and maybe through some kind of contract clause, Mitch was able to retain the rights to the footage with just him in it. seemed too coincidental that all this filming would be done around the same time that Daphne was going to be there.

Isn't there one part in the film that Mitch mentions that Amy no longer wanted to be filmed and I recall (maybe I am totally wrong here...been quite a while since I've seen 'Saving Amy') Mitch being on the phone with someone saying that the deal was off, or something to that effect because they had decided they didn't like the direction the film was going? I hate to assume, but seems as though I recall something like this in the film.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#26 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

Isn't there one part in the film that Mitch mentions that Amy no longer wanted to be filmed and I recall (maybe I am totally wrong here...been quite a while since I've seen 'Saving Amy') Mitch being on the phone with someone saying that the deal was off, or something to that effect because they had decided they didn't like the direction the film was going? I hate to assume, but seems as though I recall something like this in the film.

Yes, you're right I think. I remember that in "My daughter Amy" Amy was not happy about filming her in St Lucia and there was her father filmed in another scene who said he changed his mind and decided not to continue to record her in private situations.

#27 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

^yes, sorry, I meant 'my daughter amy' not saving amy.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#28 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

Didn't Mitch pull the plug on the film because he wasn't happy with what Daphne was doing anymore? Or did I deam that?

I tell you what I found annoying about Mitch is him talking about Amy's personal problems on TV - personally I find that annoying but for someone like Amy that must be really upsetting. What he should have done is talked to her direct about her problems not gone to the tabloids - I think that would just make things worse for Amy!

#29 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

I tell you what I found annoying about Mitch is him talking about Amy's personal problems on TV - personally I find that annoying but for someone like Amy that must be really upsetting. What he should have done is talked to her direct about her problems not gone to the tabloids - I think that would just make things worse for Amy!

I think he did talk to her. Mitch and Amy talked a lot on the phone and in person, they were very close. I do agree that Mitch took a very bad decision by taking a camera crew to St. Lucia and making a documentary about her troubles, but I think he just didn't know what to do anymore and he thought that by showing the world these things it might make her realise she needed help. I don't know, it must have been hard for the whole family, and it's hard to make the right decisions in those circumstances...

#30 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

It must have been tough not just for Mitch but the whole family. Mitch said himself he had tried the yelling at her routine which didn't work, then he tried to play it cool, that didn't work. He probably didn't know what to do and would try anything to see his daughter healthy. To some people taking a camera crew to St Lucia wasn't wise and they are probably right but if you put yourself in Mitch's shoes, you see your daughter's life and health spiralling out of control due to deadly addictions, you'd try anything to help them. I know he later regretted taking the camera crew out there but if he felt it was the right way to go about things then that's up to him.

Remember we don't fully know what went on behind closed doors, i'm sure he'll tell us stuff we didn't know in the book next year. His heart is in the right place though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users