36 replies to this topic

#31 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:43 PM

Baris and Cecilia, I totally agree. I've said before that any parent that loves their child so much and sees them dwindling to nothing and in a very bad way...gosh, I just can't imagine what it must be like. You give birth to this beautiful creature, you nurture it, you watch it grow and become this amazing person and then before your very eyes, they start to spiral downward(imagine how it must have felt to see their daughter that way...I say this because think about how hard it was AND STILL IS to see pics of her looking worse for the wear. I just ache when I see those pics) Anyone with half a brain would realize that you would try everything first starting with talking to them and when that doesn't work, u try something else until you've exhausted every last resource. hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure he feels that perhaps it was not the best venue to get her to help herself but he certainly didn't sit back and do nothing!

sorry if I got a bit carried away but one can imagine he would try just about anything to save his daughter from herself.
  • GalenBam, barbarakn60, jackhp1 and 1 other like this
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#32 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

sorry if I got a bit carried away but one can imagine he would try just about anything to save his daughter from herself.

Mitch said in several interviews that he even tried feigning a heart attack to try and convince Amy that she needed to stop using hard drugs or that it would destroy her family :

http://www.accesshol...h_video_1355577

http://www.accesshol...r_video_1355345
  • barbarakn60 and lesterki4 like this

#33 Mutterkorn1

Mutterkorn1

Hippiezwerg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

- fin -
:heart:Posted Image

#34 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

I think he did talk to her. Mitch and Amy talked a lot on the phone and in person, they were very close. I do agree that Mitch took a very bad decision by taking a camera crew to St. Lucia and making a documentary about her troubles, but I think he just didn't know what to do anymore and he thought that by showing the world these things it might make her realise she needed help. I don't know, it must have been hard for the whole family, and it's hard to make the right decisions in those circumstances...

Well at one point there was a public dispute between Mitch and Janis in the Newspapers. You got to remember that most people aged 20 onwards are living their own lives and usually don't have their fathers over looking their every move.

I wonder if Mitch ever tried the reverse psychology method? That is instead of scolding her for drinking - he joined her, had a good drink with her and then said "you know this isn't that good you could live without it!" Perhaps that would have had more of a positive effect? It's worth pointing out that regardless of the efforts of the parents - Amy still died prematurely!

#35 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

Here's Barak's blog about filming "Saving Amy" in St Lucia - look at the pic where she forces Amy to pose with her:
http://daphnebarak.h...aVideoClip.html

#36 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

Can't stick thw woman, she's a vulture, and i hate how she portrays Amy x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#37 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

Does Amy look like she 'adores' the bitch in this pic, i'd say not attention seeking, fame hungry through other people tabloid bitch, she's more famous than Amy, no u r fuckin not. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users