Photo
- - - - -

Lady Gaga Goes Blonde to Avoid Confusion with Amy Winehouse.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:13 PM

I agree with Phil - 'Bad Romance' for me, too. When I first saw it, I was like - WTH? Did NOT like it at all. Then I watched it again..... and again.......

It's out of this world.

One of the things I really like about her is how she refuses to compromise her image. There's an interesting quote from her in an Elle interview, as repeated in the Daily Mail:

She added: 'My album covers are not sexual at all, which was an issue at my record label. I fought for months, and I cried at meetings.

'They didn’t think the photos were commercial enough…The last thing a young woman needs is another picture of a sexy pop star writhing in sand, covered in grease, touching herself.'

http://www.dailymail...d-children.html
"I've got hair like them"

#32 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:13 PM

Oops - double post.

#33 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

he first song that really got me was
'beautiful, dirty, rich'

she DOES do the sexy popstar thing though,
that's the only thing i don't like in today's music business / or world maybe.
i don't think women don't have to present themselves like that to be successful.

#34 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

That's true - but it's not an obvious, cliched sexuality (to me anyway).

Love the acoustic Poker Face:

#35 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:19 AM

she is innovative, i'll give her that!! i just can't hear Bad Romance or Papparazi anymore (going for cover...)-it's all they play at work! any other songs of hers I should be checking out?
i'm done with the whole blonde wide eyed babe look. i always thought the women in the music biz that i grew up listening to were "neat lookin'", if you know what I mean. Laura, Carly, Joni, Carole King, Janis et al. And they didn't lip synch. My my, the world has changed....
When Amy came on the scene it was like, YES!!!!! Now she's into boob jobs and who knows what else down the line. I do forgive her though, she is the real thing!!!

#36 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:11 AM

she is innovative, i'll give her that!! i just can't hear Bad Romance or Papparazi anymore (going for cover...)-it's all they play at work! any other songs of hers I should be checking out?
i'm done with the whole blonde wide eyed babe look. i always thought the women in the music biz that i grew up listening to were "neat lookin'", if you know what I mean. Laura, Carly, Joni, Carole King, Janis et al. And they didn't lip synch. My my, the world has changed....
When Amy came on the scene it was like, YES!!!!! Now she's into boob jobs and who knows what else down the line. I do forgive her though, she is the real thing!!!

Pokerface is addictive, both the song and the video. GaGa is attractive as a person and an artist on another level, being more original and authentic, than your run of the mill MTV pop starlets, be they Disney or sexy, or a horrible combination of both, which brings Frankenstein to mind. About Amy being the real thing, which, of course, she is: even Amy's wax statue at Tussauds is more real than some living, breathing people are.;-)
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#37 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:45 PM

I love Lady Gaga! She is really talented and I respect her for being a real artist! :)
She's no Amy though ... haha
"FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE"
Janis Joplin

Posted Image

#38 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:19 AM

you know, i'm listening to Bad Romance at work for the umpteenth time today and all of a sudden she gets to a part where she's belting and reminicent of Stevie Nicks...i liked it!!

#39 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:47 AM

I have a pressing philosophical question about Lady Gaga: what is the significance of the phrase "cherry cherry boom boom" that appears in some of her songs (or maybe it's just one song)?

EDIT: Hey, answered my own question:

The pseudonym of Martin Kierszenbaum, a music executive at Interscope Records, and a producer and songwriter for Lady Gaga. His nickname is mentioned in her songs "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)," "I Like it Rough," and "Starstruck," and is the reason most of you know this term.

http://www.urbandict...herry Boom Boom

Posted Image

He also worked with Feist and the Pipettes.

http://www.nytimes.c...sic/05cher.html

Edited by lyricgenius, 05 December 2009 - 07:09 AM.

Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#40 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:22 PM

How do you wake up Lady Gaga?
You pokerface.

Her left arm tattoo:
"In the deepest hour of the night, confess to yourself that you would die if you were forbidden to write. And look deep into your heart where it spreads its roots, the answer, and ask yourself, must I write?" - Rilke

#41 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:25 AM

It will be interesting to see how Lady Gaga's career develops, whether she has versatility.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#42 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

Posted Image

Although Lady Gaga makes nearly as many headlines for her zany costumes as for her music, Barbara Walters described a different side of the performer, who is featured on her upcoming "The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2009" special. After their interview, the broadcast legend concluded that Lady Gaga is, "Very intelligent, serious." Walters noted, "She walked in for the interview in a black Chanel suit."

As for her other pop selection Adam Lambert, Walters said that his controversial American Music Awards performance confirmed that she made the choice. She noted, "We said, 'Should we have done Adam Lambert or should we have done Taylor Swift?'And then he did this huge thing (on the awards show) and we said, 'Ah! We got the fascinating one!'"

The special airs on ABC on December 9th.

http://www.cjbk.com/...usic/87/1032867

#43 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:08 PM

More on Lady Gaga http://entertainment...icle6940885.ece

Long article.

#44 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:15 PM

Long article.

2 long 2 read! I'll be watching her Barbara Walters interview Wednesday night though.

#45 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:22 PM

ooooo, me too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users