19 replies to this topic

#1 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:47 AM

The sound is a little garbled (they're both on cell phones probs), but she talks about Dionne mostly - aw, bless!

Oh, and Cheryl Cole's 'fit' apparently - lol.

http://www.newsofthe...annel=NOTW:News

She sounds good! and happy! :)

Edit: Here's the text of some of the call:

"Hi, my name's Amy. May I call you Dan?"

That's the opening to the strangest call of my life as AMY WINEHOUSE phoned the XS hotline to chat about love, music, friendship and even fancying CHERYL COLE.
The music superstar wasn't back to full form as she slurred, stumbled and cackled through the half-hour chat everyone wanted. But there were some glimmers of hope from the recovering drug addict who had been on death's door just a year ago. First, Wino revealed she considers her getaway in St Lucia her official home, rather than her old haunt in Camden, north London.

But the beehived 25-year-old vowed to stay in the UK to (finally) record her new album - sung in English, rather than the Caribbean island's native language as she had planned.

Amy revealed: "I'm going to be in London for a while now. "I'm not going to go HOME (to St Lucia) for a while. I've got a lot of stuff with my record company to sort out. This is a new chapter for me. I've got some things we're very excited about, definitely. I like being back."

I also asked the Back To Black singer if she's looking for someone to special to replace ex-husband BLAKE FIELDER-CIVIL. She replied testily: "Again you read my mind. No I'm really NOT looking for a boyfriend." My XSclusive pictures tell a different story, above, as Amy gets close with one of her bodyguards over drinks in Camden before we spoke. But she denied there's anything going on.
Wino also offered some advice for getting over a heartbreak, in an obvious reference to Blake, by saying: "Cry yourself to sleep cos that usually helps."

Then things got odd. When I asked her to chat about her favourite TV show, The X Factor, she began rolling around her kitchen laughing hysterically as she prepared a chicken dinner. She joked: "What does X Factor mean? I thought you meant my ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend, I wasn't sure." Only a mention of Ms Cole cheered her up as she yelled in her deep Cockney accent: "I know Cheryl, she's the fit one!" But Amy turned serious as she spoke about how the only person in the world she can trust is her best friend - a 13-year-old called Dionne Bromfield who she has made the first signing to her new record company. "I've missed Dionne since I've been in St Lucia. Very much," Amy admitted.

She said her teenage goddaughter is the first person she turns to for help. She explained: "All the time I'll come to her and say, 'Dionne, I don't know what to do about this'. "She'll say something to me that makes complete sense. "Me and Dionne are best friends. We're not just godmother and daughter, we're best friends. "All I do with Dionne is play guitar with her and sing with her. And kiss her and cuddle her." Amy is currently in the midst of a highly sensitive divorce from Blake, who wants up to £6million of her fortune.

But she's the first to concede money is not at the forefront of her mind. "I went into business about seven years ago when I first signed my publishing deal. But I'm not good with that side of things, I'm good at the creativeness," she said. "The record company director is me. But all me and Dionne do is creative, we're not good at dealing with business. That's not us. That's bulls***." During a surprisingly lucid moment she insisted: "Dionne is my first signing. It's important to me that everything goes the way it should go and that she's comfortable with it."

And then, after going from aggression to hysterics to complete madness and back again, Amy has to get dinner out of the oven. But she can't resist a final wicked piece of humour as she giggles: "Darling listen, you've probably got more ex-boyfriends than me! "It's been lovely. We're cooking some chicken so we've got to go. You're not invited. God Bless! Bye!"

Yes, the Wino whirlwind is most definitely back!

Edited by Lainey, 09 August 2009 - 01:17 AM.

"I've got hair like them"

#2 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:05 AM

That's the first interview in a long time. It's good to hear her voice and hear her talk a little bit about what's going on in her life. Wish I could hear the full half-hour conversation. Interesting that she initiated the call.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#3 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:19 AM

She sounds sooooo good. So nice to hear.

btw- saw this on twitter
http://twitter.com/DanWootton
Wow wow wow! I can finally tell you my big secret of the week - I interviewed Amy Winehouse!!!about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

re:"That's the opening to the strangest call of my life as AMY WINEHOUSE phoned the XS hotline to chat about love, music, friendship and even fancying CHERYL COLE."

she called him? ...doesn't she say "trying calling again, if you like"? at the end...or is my hearing totally off..haha

re: "after going from aggression to hysterics to complete madness and back again"....doesn't sound like that to me at all!

re: "she began rolling around her kitchen laughing hysterically as she prepared a chicken dinner"....huh? thought this was a phone interview....

Lotsa weird parts in the text....

Edited by suestev07, 09 August 2009 - 01:33 AM.

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#4 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:32 AM

To piggyback on to Sue's Twitter info:

@weazi 'She seems a bit better actually'

:) :) :)
"I've got hair like them"

#5 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:59 AM

Her voice is music to my ears!
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#6 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:53 AM

First interview in ages.
Glad to hear her voice. Hope she`s doing well! LY Amy!
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#7 cherry

cherry

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:57 AM

the verry best thing i`ve read since a long time. the link doesn`t work here (or i`m to mad), but i will try to find it in youtube. my english-spelling isn`t much better now, but i read now some english-books to learn better ;0)) am, and allways singing amy by or while driving :D

#8 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:53 AM

I`m trying to watch the video now but seriously it`s loading extremely slowly! WTF? I`m going to try to find it on YT.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#9 mister magic

mister magic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:15 PM

Let me know if any of you find it-- I can't watch it here, either. I miss Amy's voice and wanna hear it!

#10 WinehouseFAN08

WinehouseFAN08

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

Woooo hooooo!
The thing about Dionne is REALLY cute!!
Itss soo lovelt to hear she is doing well ;)
And their are some weird parts to the text aren't their....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tonight the light of love is in your eyes.. Will you love me tomorrow?

&&WithEverydayThatPasses.. IMissYouALittleBitMore..10/3/09..ILoveYouLudo

WeWillBeTogetherAgainSoon

#11 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:36 PM

Let me know if any of you find it-- I can't watch it here, either. I miss Amy's voice and wanna hear it!

Try this one...
http://www.newsofthe...el=NOTW:Showbiz
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#12 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:39 PM

Or try this one (click on the pic that's halfway down the page, embedded in the text):

http://www.newsofthe...w-in-years.html
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#13 WinehouseFAN08

WinehouseFAN08

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

Try this one...
http://www.newsofthe...el=NOTW:Showbiz

Thankyou.. She sounds so like Mitch in some parts!
Its so lovely to hear her talking about Dionne like she does.. Wish I knew somebody like Amy <3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:48 PM

Wish I knew somebody like Amy <3

I don't know that there's anybody else like Amy. Funny, quirky, warm and lovable. Her personality just sparkles! Can't count the number of times I've fallen for that girl.

#15 WinehouseFAN08

WinehouseFAN08

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

I Can't count the number of times I've fallen for that girl.

Its like you hear her voice and fall for her again.. hear her sing and fall for her again.. see a picture of that wonderful smile.. and fall for her once again :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users