173 replies to this topic

#46 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

Congrats to Amy. And also to Mitch and Janis, who stuck by their daughter. When Mitch said there's been a lot of hard work to help Amy get better and she's come a long way and would be making music again soon, well here's the proof.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#47 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:53 PM

yeah.

even if she's still dealing with problems,
i think she is out of the 'danger zone' and i'm proud and happy.

#48 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:05 PM

ew!

* Pete Doherty and Amy Winehouse kiss on stage at V Festival

Pete Doherty played a headline tent show at the V Festival tonight (August 22) - during which he play-fought and kissed Amy Winehouse on stage.

The Babyshambles man was playing in the Virgin Mobile Union tent in Chelmsford when Winehouse, who had earlier joined The Specials on stage at the festival, ran from side stage to give a few words of encouragement to the singer/guitarist and plant a kiss on his lips.

She then headed off stage but returned near the end of the set, relaxing on the drum platform and hugging Doherty repeatedly.

During set-closer 'Albion' she urged the singer/guitarist to play a guitar solo but he refused, laughing. She struggled with the microphone stand then led repeated cheers for "Mr Peter Doherty", before her stage partner jokingly clasped his hand around her mouth to silence her.

http://www.nme.com/n...tedoherty/46848

#49 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:09 PM

Yes, the bad spell is finally broken. The problems that she has have now become manageable. She's a veteran and a true survivor. B.t.w., she looks more sober than me, and I'm pretty sober! And the way she returned to performing in public is just perfect.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#50 ditavt

ditavt

The final frame...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:44 PM

saw this earlier, fuckyessssssss :)
she sounds great!

and why the hell did they cut out Ghost Town?! Show it please, mr channel4.

#51 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:02 AM

I thought I was going to have a fooking heart attack!!!!!!!
For the first time in age i DIDN'T check da forum B4 I had a drink!!!!!

Then I have a drink... A few hours later..... AMY IS ON FOOKIN STAGE!!!!!

I was screaming at my telly guy's ... This is not funny........

A 31 year old woman dancing and screaming around the sitting room isn't a very good site to be honest!!!!!!

I need a bit more noticer to be honest... (hahhaahhah)

I'll end up divorced,, poor Eric was looking at me like I sud b in a looney bin!!!!!

Holey mother of divine **** .......
That was the biggest shock I've had in a LONG time...

Sorry...

But I really do think I'm in scock!!

Feel free to SLAP ME!!!

hahhaha
Posted Image

#52 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

Ha Ha! Amanda, you just made me laugh out loud - so, thanks for that!
"I've got hair like them"

#53 akemi

akemi

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

was great, she looks happy and sober....
this video made me cry.
go girl!
Posted Image
(i dont speak english very well)

#54 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Dark Pandora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:33 AM

great amanda
R.I.P.
Amy Winehouse

Forever in our hearts, shall we meet in Heaven this time!

#55 mister magic

mister magic

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:38 AM

Seriously, I just have to post again because I'm THAT happy with this performance. The comparison pic really says it all-- how fucking gorgeous is she this year? Even more so when you consider that this time last year she was thisclose to death. Now, she's so, so full of life and you can see it on her face. I think *I* will have a celebration drink now, too! ;)

#56 akemi

akemi

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:42 AM

http://www.nme.com/n...e-doherty/46848
Posted Image
(i dont speak english very well)

#57 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:26 AM

well,well, well is all i can say. this came out of nowhere. what a lovely gift to come home to after a shitty day at work. thanks guys, really....

#58 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:34 AM

I have to get my 2 cents worth in here, too....

Teary, can't stop smiling, laughing out loud at Amanda's hilarious post...

that would have been me too... had I not taken a phone call while I was at the computer just as I was checking in on the AWF and I had to multitask - trying to watch and listen to the vid and read all the posts and trying to pay attention to the caller ...so I couldn't jump up and down, I had to be civilized..., but I was bursting with joy inside..

Sigh....so happy!

Yay Amy! You go girl!

What a beautiful smile at 0:13 - hey, Alan...do you think you could capture it at it's peak and post?
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#59 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:45 AM

R U 1 2 Lainey? lol I've seen her chart & it's scary! Everything bunched together on one side, but nobody that has done it has known her time of birth, at least in the ones I've seen, so there's no telling if she's got everything on the light side or dark side, but either way the imbalance looks dangerous.

I go back to this:

http://www.amywineho...read.php?t=3691

January 2008 (last year, not a typo) vid re

/ ... /

re Amy - "she's actually coming out of madness, so madness starts to leave her....she's got serious career changes coming up, I mean within the same industry of which she's in...so there's a change of values going on with her at the moment... but she's got great people coming around her that are really going to help her, support her, pull her through this..... she's extraordinarily successful...she just goes on to success after success. There's no stopping this girl."

Hopefully true.....

I just want to believe so much that this is true...because it can and should be true....
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#60 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:46 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users