• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#61 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:04 AM

this version has a few seconds cut out at the start & a few seconds added at the end, plus an HD option. wonder why both end before the bridge is over? the first ended with a V Fest logo, like they stopped the broadcast at that point, and the second does the same only later. what's going on?

Posted Image

#62 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:31 AM

^That's a gorgeous shot of her. Frank-ish even.

If Amy keeps this up and puts out a great third album, pandemonium (of a good kind) is going to break out.

Just a beautiful, classic day on the forum. From Kyla's alert that something unexpected was afoot, the worried waiting, then the first positive article, then the great video, and then Amanda's hilarious recap. Just a lovely trajectory.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#63 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:01 AM

She appeared to be a tad nervous, but she looked like she was having fun. Good performance, good one Kyla! Winehouse just doesn't need the pressure to perform live.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#64 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:08 AM

Cautiously optimistic, no pressure here.....LOL! Compared to her shocking appearance last year, 360º turnaround.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#65 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:52 AM

I had to go to bed JUST when i checked up the forum for the last time & saw the thread.
And i just couldn`t believe it for a second!!!!! Like...YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Fucking helll this woman`s so unpredictable...

Edited by amyfanatic, 23 August 2009 - 09:10 AM.

Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#66 Domi

Domi

Some Unholy War

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:02 AM

Amy looked stunning :) her performance was on fire... made me cry, I'm so proud of her.

Forever in my heart! I love you Amy.

#67 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:25 AM

Good performance from Amy! And she didn't look frail at all, I didn't feel worried. More like the old days before all the angst set in. It's kind of cool seeing her with Terry Hall, I remember the Specials from when I was a kid. And I tend to think my musical tastes are a bit stuck in the past nowadays, so at least Amy brings me a little more up to date...
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#68 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:32 AM

Just had to check this as i woke up to make sure it wasnt a dream im so prouddddddddddddd shes such an inspiration.
"Your wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end. Your wondering how, you will pay, for the way you misbehaved."

#69 ditavt

ditavt

The final frame...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:25 AM

this version has a few seconds cut out at the start & a few seconds added at the end, plus an HD option. wonder why both end before the bridge is over? the first ended with a V Fest logo, like they stopped the broadcast at that point, and the second does the same only later. what's going on?

yep, I whinged about this earlier haha. on the telly they cut just before Ghost Town starts, which is annoying. And yet they showed at least two whole songs of Lily fecking Allen. I'm sure the rest will pop up soon!

#70 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:41 PM

here`s the vid in HD! Like..perfect quality<3 I might take some screencaps of Amy later...
God i can`t stop watching it! I almost teared up the first time i saw it. I`m so proud of her and of what she has achieved. I just hope she continues to blow us away...
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#71 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

That was a real surprise, I really wasn't expecting this. I saw this posted on MH's Facebook page and actually needed about half a minute to realise that this was yesterday. "Strange, I don't remember Amy singing with the Specials... Hmm, I really don't remember this... where has my memory gone... Hold on, this is V festival, not Glastonbury... Uh, it was on the 22nd? What's the date now?... WHAAAT!? She performed last night!!!??"

It's so lovely to see that big smile on stage. Good performance too, she wasn't trying to take the spotlight off the Specials too much, good behaviour,...

I've been smiling throughout the whole video, my heart is still beating faster because of the excitement and I'm close to tears because I'm so happy. Thank you Amy, you made my day.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#72 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

BBC says she just went there to see them, hadn't planned to perform.

A spokesman for Winehouse said: "While living in St Lucia, Amy missed the band's reunion tour and decided to head to V to catch her favourite artists.

"Meeting them backstage, they invited her to guest for them and made her dream come true," he added.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ent/8216812.stm

#73 winehouseb2b

winehouseb2b

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

This made me SOOOO happy. I'm so glad she's back on stage and most importantly looking happy, definitely a major improvement from last year. She should really be proud of herself. :)
Posted Image

#74 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

Her vocal abilities haven't lessened one bit, and compared to horror-year 2008 and early 2009 they've improved beyond belief! She sings really well all the way through, but the improvised notes at the end totally convinced me that she's got the whole range, and in more than just working order! She's once again at a point where she's able to sing anything, which makes the exhaustingly anticipated third album that much more a wish that's soon to become reality, a dream that's soon to become true.:)
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#75 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:55 PM

How can they not have her back today? There will be a black cloud of disappointment over Staffordshire without her!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users