31 replies to this topic

#1 Apple

Apple

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:34 AM

Just saw this on my facebook page. Review of her album I hope it hasn't been posted already?

http://www.misterbtv.co.uk

(has anyone got any more links to reviews of her album? I enjoy reading them)

#2 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:00 PM

Critically acclaimed first album. Not too shabby.

#3 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

She could not possibly have wished for a better review, eloquently written as well, wich gives it some extra weight, and I am sure that others will follow suit. It's like she's already on a super highway to fame and greatness. I hope her success will do something for Amy's confidence too, reflect back on her, so to speak. Good chance that it will, as she's so completely involved and committed.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 15 October 2009 - 02:59 PM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#4 Apple

Apple

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:19 PM

It does seem like alot of people appreciate her talent. The review is very flattering

Hopefully it inspires Amy and makes her happy, as they are really close.

And as a result her next album will be amazing (of course) :)

#5 Jaede~

Jaede~

Fanks Daaaarling~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:46 PM

I like Dionne. She's different from other kids who are in the music biz. She's not like a Hannah Montana, Hilary Duff, and...well basically anyone from disney. She sounds very mature for her age, however I think she lacks soul and she looked very nervous in her video. But who cares, she does'nt have to sound has heartbreaking as her godmother. She's still a young girl.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:26 AM

I don't usually read reviews, especially not until I already have the album in my hands, but from your responses it seems that people like her. And why wouldn't they? How many Dionnes are out there?

#7 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:41 AM

I'm glad the review is positive. Hope it translates into sales aswell.

Apparently the single is struggling to make it into the Top100 in the midweeks information. I hope it has picked up a bit by now. They really pushed their lucks releasing the album in such short notice.
Posted Image

#8 Apple

Apple

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:34 AM

I'm glad the review is positive. Hope it translates into sales aswell.

Apparently the single is struggling to make it into the Top100 in the midweeks information. I hope it has picked up a bit by now. They really pushed their lucks releasing the album in such short notice.

Even if it doesn't chart well, she is only 13, with her incredible talent she will be a success so it's not the end of the world I suppose

#9 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:18 PM

Even if it doesn't chart well, she is only 13, with her incredible talent she will be a success so it's not the end of the world I suppose

Indeed it wouldn't! She is really good. I just meant that pushing the album launch forward wasn't such a good idea in my opinion (as much as that made it coincide with SCD and such). It's a pitty if it doesn't chart well because it deserves a good chart position. I've loved the album very much, she's going to be one hell of a singer in a few years. She already is a super mini-singer.
Posted Image

#10 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

is this a limited market release? As far as I can see, it's only available as an import here in the US

#11 Apple

Apple

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

Looks like Mitch Winehouse has read the review.

I wonder if he passed it on to Amy and Dionne (must of done)

I imagine reading it will give her confidence!

@phylcat Hi, Phylis. I just read the review, thanks for that. It is brilliant. Mitch

#12 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:33 PM

http://www.cdwow.nl/...romfield\&t=all

€ 10,99
In Stock - Usually ships within 24 hours

Woot!
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#13 Tasha_AJW

Tasha_AJW

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:46 AM

Yeah I agree with you there.. She is so young and even Amy said herself she's much better than she was when she was her age.
I can see her blossoming into a real superstar.

Did anybody see her do that cover of "If I aint' got you" by Alicia Keys on Pete Dohertys youtube channel?
I tried to find it but he's deleted it >:-( x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[[Animal Agression Is My Downfall]]

#14 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

Listening to the album right now. Never thought I'd say it, but I do hear a bit of Amy in her voice every now and then..
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#15 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

i don't want to be a bitch...but i don't love dionne...
sorry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users