19 replies to this topic

#1 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:34 AM

My fasvorite Amy song at the moment. The beginning with her vocal gymnastics, the way she pronounces neverrr. The arrangement.

She truly is a genius. Love you Amy!! Thank you Amy!!

#2 kannyy

kannyy

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:20 PM

i agree with you。i like the demo more,

#3 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

It's my favorite too :) The best song to end an album like Black to black.

#4 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:11 PM

my UK release ends with Addicted, my US release ends with Ghostface, don't tell me there's another ending out there :lol:
i LOVE that song for many reasons...plus, how can you go wrong with a Hendrix intro

http://soul-sides.co...egend-foxy.html

Edited by kevd7, 16 October 2009 - 07:16 PM.

#5 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:21 PM

Well, mine closes with Ghostface Killah too, but these last 2 track (the remix + Addicted) are listed as bonus tracks, so the last piece of the album would normally be He can only hold her.

Take a look here:
http://en.wikipedia....i/Back_to_Black

#6 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:44 PM

Now how can he have her heart

#7 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

I must admit I hardly ever play this song :$ Not because I think it isn't good though. It's good, just not one of my favs.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#8 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

I love this song...the lyrics are just delicious...for me it's like she's telling a story, like a princess like story...but with some winehouse twist. and the name of the song: HE can Only Hold Her...amazing...so true and rare. I just love it!
"now how can he have her heart...when it got stoled?"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#9 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:29 PM

The song I'm listening to the most right now is Just Friends. It doesn't get as much attention as others, but it's one of my faves.

I think it's a perfect song - it's very low-key. I love the intro, and the ska sound. It's very melancholy.

Edited by Lainey, 19 October 2009 - 09:31 PM.

#10 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:44 PM

i just had a cool discussion about 'just friends' today with a friend of mine...he was saying he didnt like ska (which i luuuv), and i was like: but you like Amys just friends right?...and he was like: yeah yeah, but it's diferent...it's Amy were talkin bout. i loved he answered that! and by the way its one of my favs...actualy i love every single song of Back to Black...it never happened to me...to like every song of an album...each song has its glow and meaning, but always with a something that breathes you in...its amazing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#11 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:45 PM

actualy i love every single song of Back to Black...it never happened to me...to like every song of an album...each song has its glow and meaning, but always with a something that breathes you in...its amazing.

I've just run into a few albums that were all good. Obviously nothing like B2B, or Amy. Amy swept me off my feet. She's still sweeping. LOL

#12 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:46 AM

The song I'm listening to the most right now is Just Friends. It doesn't get as much attention as others, but it's one of my faves.

I think it's a perfect song - it's very low-key. I love the intro, and the ska sound. It's very melancholy.

comment on Just Friends vid

AlexMartinEnsemble (4 months ago)

I'm shocked every time I listen to Amy singin' this song. It's a complete demonstration of the fact that there is something more than body and matter. Her voice, the players, all of them are gifted in this track. Let´s hope for a long life for all of them...

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#13 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:16 AM

I always wondered what was the back story on Just Friends. It's about an affair with a married man, so did she have one? Her songs are usually autobiographical, but I've never heard any other mention anywhere about her having an affair with a married man. Or did I miss something?
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#14 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:22 AM

Affair with a married man? Oops, that has never come to my mind while listening to that song.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#15 furtherfromyall

furtherfromyall

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:09 AM

The demo of He Can Only Hold Her is so, so much better than the album version. Wow...this is amazing. Personally I've never been the biggest fan of Ronson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users