6 replies to this topic

#1 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

Amy Winehouse's father says his daughter has now been 'drug free' for a year.

Mitch Winehouse was giving evidence to the Home Affairs Committee inquiry into the cocaine trade.

Asked about how his 26-year-old daughter was recovering, Mr Winehouse said he did not feel any sense of guilt about her troubled life with drugs.

"It's not been difficult at all for her to come back to our family. Amy has always been part of our family. She's just somebody who's been very ill."

Mr Winehouse presented findings for a current documentary on the damaging effects of drug abuse on families, and of the effectiveness of drug rehabilitation.

He told MPs it was extremely hard for poor families with addicts to get the treatment they need.

Mr Winehouse said he was fortunate because his family had the money to get Amy the help she needed.

He also claims Amy - who has battled problems with substance abuse - has now been 'drug-free' for a year.

Rt Hon Keith Vaz MP, Chairman of the Committee, said: "As part of our investigation into the Cocaine Trade we want to explore the human cost of drug taking, particularly on users and their families."

here's the link for the page and a little video of Mitch talking about some legal stuff about addiction

http://itn.co.uk/4ef...8df3f4b906.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#2 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

Thanks ashlee! Good news, very good news!

#3 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

Damnit, was just about to post this!

You people are too good ;)

#4 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

^lmao

I loved to see that Mitch is quite involved in these kind of debates. lol and he mentioned portugal...but i did not get if he was kiding or not...(dumb me)

#5 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:12 PM

"Mr Winehouse said he did not feel any sense of guilt about her troubled life with drugs."

Oh, please! I still feel bad about an innocent snail I stepped on in first grade..
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#6 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:28 PM

Fabulous news.
I loved reading this one.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#7 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

"Mr Winehouse said he did not feel any sense of guilt about her troubled life with drugs."

Oh, please! I still feel bad about an innocent snail I stepped on in first grade..

RuggedSmoove should have her own TV show!
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users