Photo
- - - - -

Hasselhoff: "I`m like Winehouse"

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:19 PM

DAVID HASSELHOFF has compared himself to AMY WINEHOUSE - insisting their drink problems are "a universal problem".
The Baywatch star was admitted to rehab last month (Oct09) amid reports he accidentally hit a doctor during a booze binge.
He downplayed the reports, but has also been hospitalised on two separate occasions this year (09), reportedly suffering from alcohol poisoning.
And now Hasselhoff has admitted he is aware of his problems - and compared himself to the Brit singer, who has also battled addiction.
He says, "The problem that I've experienced in my own life and some of the stuff that's been documented about Amy is a universal problem.
"It's an illness. You don't wake up in the morning and decide to have this problem.

http://www.contactmu...nehouse_1120874
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#2 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

He's a mess.

#3 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:35 PM

Except that Amy is talented in what she's doing.

#4 Merlin

Merlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

He talks bullshit...If you like drinkin then drink, many people drink regular...
If you fucked up once and then say you're addicted and try to drink nothing, You will only hold it untill you explode...
come on, you can drink and not fucking up...its NOT an illness

#5 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

It is a weakness, and everybody has weaknesses, some hidden, some apparent. Some are open about them, but most aren't, as it leaves them vulnerable, especially when you're famous. We all compare our problems with others', and he can't be faulted for openly comparing his with Amy's. Mitch and he will probably have a great rapport when they meet for his taxi show.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#6 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

He's right in that addiction is a problem faced by many, not just the few. The media treats people like Amy and Hasselhoff as abnormal, but they're very human and their problems are widespread.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#7 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:38 PM

thank you, Tara. hopefully the days when it was regarded as a weakness and moral afflication are gone, sometimes i wonder. myself, i am genetically predisposed with a long history on both sides of my family. no drink for me.
David's story is more common than you think. It was heartbreaking to see him wasted and on the floor trying to eat a hamburger while his young daughter filmed him. I hope he finds success in his recovery.

#8 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:04 PM

Cosign, Tara! Good post. Too many times celebrities do not acknowledge their disease and will make excuses for it. True, Hasselhoff doesn't hold a candle to Winehouse, but he's man enough to admit he's got problems. However, he should have talked about only HIS problems instead of name-dropping.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#9 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

Errrrr. No, David. No, you are not.

Yes, addiction is a health issue, bit not all alcoholics present the same, just as no two bipolars do. Agree, not the time to be dropping names.

#10 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:29 AM

i think now that we have the context right, comments made on film in Mitch's cab and on his show, it was appropriate...

#11 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

I saw that interview, even though he was pretty realistic and down-to-earth about his addiction. He was just saying that he and Amy had similar illness. He and Mitch didn't go into the ins-and-outs, just that sometimes the industry takes advantage of vulnerable people, and they were concerned for their daughters.

Yes, Hassel the Hoff is a douche, he wasn't too obnoxious.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users