#1 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

Don't know if this is true but i'll post it anyway:

Amy Winehouse has the potential to complete her upcoming third album in just two weeks, her father Mitch has claimed.
The cab driver revealed that he has heard "great" songs from the record, but insisted that there is no scheduled release date yet.
"I've heard a couple of songs from it. It's not dissimilar from the second album Back To Black - it's going to be great," he told DS.
"She's writing all the time and when she's got the poetry, she can go into the studio and she's quite capable of doing the album in two weeks.
"So theoretically she could have the album ready in a month's time, but it won't be. When she gets cracking she does it very quickly."
Mitch Winehouse revealed that producer Salaam Remi is overseeing the project, but could not confirm whether Mark Ronson would be involved again.
Mitch Winehouse's Showbiz Rant starts on Living TV's online TV channel Liv today.

http://www.digitalsp...-two-weeks.html

8-/

and today i got the news that the people from 'rock in rio lisbon' are trying to convince Amy to come back next year for the festival...I would love her to come although i don't know if she feels like it..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#2 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

Here's hoping :)

#3 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

Nah.........seeing is believing. Winehouse's people have told WAY too many fairy tales for my liking.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#4 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:04 PM

Theoretically being able to finish an album in two weeks is an entirely different thing from actually finishing an album in 2 weeks. Mitch - don't get our hopes up, please.

After being quiet for a while, Mitch is back into 'media spokesman' mode lately. He's a good guy, but I only want to hear from someone at her record company when it comes to anything album-related. Anything else is heresay and speculation as far as I'm concerned, and that also includes statements from producers.

Edited by Lainey, 02 November 2009 - 08:07 PM.

#5 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:25 PM

the fact that he said its not dissimilar to back to black is interesting. not her reggae album then?

#6 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:16 AM

at this point, i'll believe it when i have it in my hot hands.

#7 shaylaxtx

shaylaxtx

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:45 AM

he said this 6 months ago too.

#8 kannyy

kannyy

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:34 AM

i hope it's a double-cd,contained 20 songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and includes jazz,soul,blues,ska,,,,,

#9 crol

crol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

i hope it's a double-cd,contained 20 songs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and includes jazz,soul,blues,ska,,,,,

uuuuh, what?

#10 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

It is of course wonderful and exciting news that Amy's father has "heard "great" songs from the record," and that he says that "It's not dissimilar from the second album Back To Black." Interesting and exciting also what he says about Amy "writing all the time and when she's got the poetry, she can go into the studio and she's quite capable of doing the album in two weeks." Based on this information, I have faith that he'll also be right with his prediction that "it's going to be great." Talking about an involved and supportive father!:)
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#11 crol

crol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

yea i had my doubts about mitch in the past but he's come across pretty well lately. as for sponging a career off amys success, good on him. which lifelong music lover would turn down the chance to record an album?
he's certainly got charisma anyway

#12 crol

crol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

yea i had my doubts about mitch in the past but he's come across pretty well lately. as for sponging a career off amys success, good on him. which lifelong music lover would turn down the chance to record an album?
he's certainly got charisma anyway

#13 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:49 PM

. as for sponging a career off amys success, good on him.

i don't see it that way. it's a family affair, and i'm sure Amy welcomes the opportunity to give her Dad this gift, as she has for Dionne and Zalon.

#14 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:17 AM

I wonder if Mitch's album will be released on Lioness records. Does anyone know?
"I've got hair like them"

#15 crol

crol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:33 AM

i don't see it that way. it's a family affair, and i'm sure Amy welcomes the opportunity to give her Dad this gift, as she has for Dionne and Zalon.

it hadn't even occurred to me it might be on lioness. how cool would that be? a very nice way for amy to thank him for all his support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users