I have been in love with Amy Winehouse since 1st January 2007

#2 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:12 PM

Uhhhhh, didn't he and 'work wife' have an affair????
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#3 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:44 PM

Can anyone tell me what happened? Or even better: a video (one that works for non-Brits as well)?
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#4 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:31 PM

Can anyone tell me what happened? Or even better: a video (one that works for non-Brits as well)?

Sarah hopefully this will work for you:

http://www.dailymoti...women-4th_music
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#5 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:34 PM

Jayne, let's hook up!!!! No more of those hit-and-run posts, young lady!!!
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#6 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:00 PM

The red poppies reminded me of a question Sarah posted somewhere about November 11.
http://en.wikipedia....Remembrance_Day
Canadian poem: http://en.wikipedia....Flanders_Fields
I wonder what Mitch's "four new songs" are?
Sorry that "Loose Women" was the show and not his topic of discussion! lol

#7 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:43 AM

is this like The View? lol

#8 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:40 AM

Sarah hopefully this will work for you:

http://www.dailymoti...women-4th_music

Thank you!
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#9 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

My ooold computer can't play audio-visuals anymore since a while, but I haven't bought a new one yet, so could someone be so kind to give me a flavour of what happened?

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 05 November 2009 - 04:17 PM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#10 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

^ tasted like oatmeal - you missed nothing! a little talk on the knowledge, mitch talks about his album, where amy got her musicality, what she thinks of his music career (she approves), & the documentary (saving amy?)
best part: loose woman says "love to amy!"; mitch: "she'll be watching" *waves hand* "hello amy!"

#11 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:05 PM

I could be wrong, but from watching Mitch's interview, I believe he said it is a Channel 4 documentary on addiction and rehab options for addicts - (which he had a hand in co-producing - I think).

I don't think it's Saving Amy he's referring to - given that there's no release date on that particular gem, and given that the director was hoping for a theatre release. Yeah, good luck with that one, Daphne.

Edited by Lainey, 05 November 2009 - 06:08 PM.

"I've got hair like them"

#12 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

Daphne could try to market (fish market) her product (stinky fish) under the title:
"How Amy is saving my s(h)el(l)fish ass from feeling the credit crunch."
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#13 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:22 AM

I think this article answers the question re: the documentary. I found the rest of the article to be pretty funny.

http://www.guardian....mitch-winehouse

Amy Winehouse's dad is going global

What next for Mitch, the taxi driver turned government drugs adviser?

Who will play the eponymous hero in 2015's most hotly anticipated biopic, The Mitch Winehouse Story? I only ask because a few months ago, Amy Winehouse's dad was a taxi driver. Today, he has his own chatshow, a forthcoming documentary, a record deal, makes regular sofa TV appearances, and was recently invited to testify as an expert witness before the home affairs select committee. Face it, within two years, he'll be rivalling Viacom. Mitchcom: a multinational conglomerate with its tentacles in every aspect of your media experience.

Once upon a time, you see, "a Mitch Winehouse vehicle" meant a black cab. These days, a Mitch Winehouse vehicle would be a chatshow, or a documentary, or a family caper movie in which the lovable celebrity parent is drawn into a madcap race across the capital to retrieve some stolen museum artefacts, and ends up discovering the true meaning of Christmas.

Before we continue, let us take stock of these various entertainment properties. First up is the soon-to-be-aired Channel 4 documentary My Daughter Amy, which is one of those pseudo- investigative efforts along the hallowed lines of Peaches Geldof on Islam. It was this forthcoming project that drew Winehouse père to the attention of the hopelessly publicity addicted chairman of the home affairs committee, Keith Vaz, who called him to give "expert testimony" at his hearing into the cocaine trade – a somewhat grim irony, given it all happened a few days before the government sacked a genuine expert on drugs.

Needless to say, Mitch's testimony consisted of policy-shifting observations such as, "Amy has been drug-free for a year", but you know what they say – when you're hot, you're hot. And so it was that yesterday brought confirmation of his record deal, which will see Amy Winehouse's dad record an album, a decision as logical as getting Wayne Rooney's dad to play for England.

"It's a Sinatra-ish album," explained Mitch – a surprise to those who'd assumed it would be experimental electronica. "There will be six covers of Sinatra."
As for the rest of his output, Lost in Showbiz honestly hasn't the energy to run through Mitch's recent chatshow appearances, but suffice to say he does not operate on a need-to-know basis. He operates on a really-don't-need-to-know basis, explaining that his daughter's new boob job "looks great", or that if John and Edward should win The X Factor, "Simon Cowell and I will leave the country together to set up shop somewhere." Mmm. One more hellish character and you'd have a Sartre play.

And so to Mitch's own chatshow, Mitch Winehouse's Showbiz Rant, which began last night on Living TV's online spin-off. It is Living TV, of course, to which humanity owes the greatest cultural debt. Rehab, Just Jade, Jade's PA, Jade's Shape Challenge, Living with Jade, Jade's Progress, Jade: Bride to Be, Jade's Wedding, Jade: With Love, Jade: As Seen on TV, years of Derek Acorah – I think it's safe to say that without Living TV there would be no Philip Roth. And please don't forget its flagship show Most Haunted, whose apparent premise is to make Lord Reith turn in his grave and then ask his spirit, "What do you want from us?" while trembling stagily in night-vision.

You'll be thrilled to learn Mitch Winehouse's Showbiz Rant will run for 13 weeks – 13 weeks! – including a festive special, and consists of in-car footage of Mitch driving a celebrity around London in his cab. A format that should make Come Dine With Me look like the most lavishly budgeted television since Planet Earth. Yet given the aforementioned Living canon, it's perhaps no surprise to find the programme's commissioner declaring this week that securing Mitch's services was "a coup" – as though it were not an experience any viewer could replicate simply by flagging him down on the Marylebone Road.

The first guest was David Hasselhoff – "we had a lot in common," Mitch explained – with whom the hackney-carriage Parky apparently discussed "the perils of the music industry and the pressures of being a showbiz father". But enough. By now, you might be wondering how in the name of sanity this has all happened. Alas, I'm afraid there is nothing about it in this column's well-thumbed copy of the Book of Revelation, nor has any terrorist organisation claimed responsibility for Mitch's showbiz career. I must confess, when I first heard the premise of Mitch Winehouse's Showbiz Rant, I had hoped it was merely a plot to smoke out the demographic to whom this stuff might appeal, track them down using some sort of state-of-the-art detector technology, and then strip them of the right to vote.

That appears to have been optimistic. The only thing of which we can be sure is that Mitch Winehouse has managed to parlay his daughter's heroin addiction into a media career for himself, so let us simply concede that this is a county where dreams come true, and let that be an end to it.

Edited by Lainey, 06 November 2009 - 12:29 AM.

#14 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:23 AM

That's weird - this article just double posted - anyway, deleted now.

Edited by Lainey, 06 November 2009 - 12:29 AM.

#15 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

I'm somewhat nonplussed by Mitch's new career...
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users