10 replies to this topic

#1 Amy-Fan2

Amy-Fan2

You know i'm no good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

haha i discovered something funny today. (maby its allready known?)

i went to amywinehouse.com login and clicked on the link "amy tv"
and played the back to black video at 1:48 the word you love "blow" and i like puff
is the word blow censored and you hear a peeuffffff sound.

this is silly and fun at the same time lol.

#2 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:30 PM

I know, it's dumb isn't it?

How much more nannying do we need?? :lol:

I think they also bleep out 'dick' in the first line... at least they do on pay TV music vids.

#3 Amy-Fan2

Amy-Fan2

You know i'm no good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:27 PM

Yes very dumb...

like we can not decide for ourself to listen to it or not.
i would love to hear there explonation for this.
i think even kids age 5 will like or allready know these words

#4 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:15 AM

I know, it's dumb isn't it?

How much more nannying do we need?? :lol:

I think they also bleep out 'dick' in the first line... at least they do on pay TV music vids.

Nanny charade! They should keep their paws off artistic self-expression! Censorship is by stupid people for stupid people, and consequently, it offends my intelligence. When sex and/or drugs are involved, moral sensibilities spring to life like corpses on Judgement Day. MTV does it all the time, censor clips, I mean. Morons.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#5 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:12 AM

Brown Eyed Girl....

"The song's nostalgic lyrics about a former love were considered too suggestive at the time to be played on many radio stations. A radio-edit of the song was released which excised the lyrics "making love in the green grass", replacing them with "laughin' and a-runnin'" from a previous verse. This edited version appears on some copies of the compilation album The Best of Van Morrison. However the remastered CD seems to have the bowdlerized lyrics in the packaging but the original "racy" lyrics on the disc."

in Boston, they played the uncensored version so that's what i grew up knowing. plain ridiculous. and to think this song is considered his signature tune and he never received a cent for it. but that's a whole other story

#6 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:54 AM

It might be good to a certain point, but, honestly, America is the land of censorship. MTV censored Pink's video for please don't leave me (when she's with an axe in her hand, when she uses it to chip away a door etc). That was from hilarious to sad. They censor words like "dead", so what can you expect from them?

#7 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:05 PM

Lol, remember Grammy night?

Posted Image

Mascara is a girl's best friend!!

EDIT: I remember some music channel censoring LIALG and I was like.. sh*t, I never even interpreted the lyrics that way. You folks are a nasty haha!
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#8 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:31 PM

You know we Americans can't handle our blow and puff. Just ask President Shrub.......
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#9 kannyy

kannyy

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

Lol, remember Grammy night?

Posted Image

Mascara is a girl's best friend!!

EDIT: I remember some music channel censoring LIALG and I was like.. sh*t, I never even interpreted the lyrics that way. You folks are a nasty haha!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

what happened to grammy night?

you mean amy planned to sing Back to black,but the USA did not allow her to do?

#10 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:33 PM

^ She had to cover the boobs on her tattoo. America is fiercely opposed to boobs!

#11 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:09 PM

^ She had to cover the boobs on her tattoo. America is fiercely opposed to boobs!

Sometimes I ask myself how come she wasn't accused by those geniuses of racism because of "back to black". I mean, come on, are breasts truly offensive in the time we live in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users