2 replies to this topic

#1 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

Sorry. This isn't news but I always wondered...

How come Amy never performed any of her Tracks with a full out orchestra?! I know she may not be that type of artist but I've always wanted to hear Back To Black with the full on orchestra... strings and bells :(

#2 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:03 PM

^ Interesting topic. I would really love to hear Back to Black performed in its entirety with a full orchestra.

A few months back, Elbow performed their (Mercury award-winning and bloody brilliant!) album The Seldom Seen Kid live at Abbey Road with the BBC radio orchestra and the choir 'Chantage'. They released both the CD of the event with a DVD as well (in one package). God, I sound like Elbow's publicist, sorry.

It's fantastic, very moving stuff, and you could tell they loved every last minute of it.

ANYWAY, I think if Amy did something similar, it would be something to see (and hear) it really would. Here's hoping she can get to that place where it might actually happen someday.

'One Day Like This' from Abbey Road:
"I've got hair like them"

#3 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:31 AM

I've always wanted to hear Back To Black with the full on orchestra... strings and bells :(

I would really love to hear Back to Black performed in its entirety with a full orchestra.

I third that.:)
(B.t.w.: Elbow is great.)
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users