#1 shaylaxtx

shaylaxtx

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:20 AM

http://www.contactmu...ospital_1122502

Amy Winehouse was admitted to hospital on Sunday night (15Nov09) after suffering an adverse reaction to medication for a cold, according to U.K. reports.
The Back To Black hitmaker is currently taking prescription drugs to help her overcome her battle with substance abuse.
She began to feel unwell last week (begs09Nov09) and bought cold remedies from a pharmacy - but the mix of medications caused Winehouse to suffer even more and she was admitted to The London Clinic in the U.K. capital, according to Britain's Daily Mirror.
A source tells the publication, "Amy took over-the-counter stuff for a cold but it didn't agree with medication she takes for her on-going recovery. She felt rubbish when she woke on Sunday morning.
"A doctor came to her house and advised her to go to the hospital to make sure she was all right. She was due to stay the night."

#2 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

I would hope that's all it is, and not a relapse. But her people have claimed that she's suffered 'adverse reactions' many times before. Whatever the cause may be, I hope she feels better soon.
"I've got hair like them"

#3 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

Didn't she have this 'reaction' before? What the hell are her handlers doing, shouldn't they give her medication? She looked pretty blasted from her last pic, hope Winehouse isn't mixing 'medication', again........
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#4 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:30 PM

Posted Image
Winehouse recovering from 'bad reaction'

Poorly Amy Winehouse is expected to be kept in hospital for a second night tonight as she continues to recover from 'a bad reaction to some cold medication'.

The singer was omitted on Sunday night after a doctor came to her house and reportedly told her to head to straight to hospital when she fell ill.
Friends said: 'Doctors want to keep her under observation to just make sure she is generally well'.

Insiders says her trip is now being tied in with her routine monthly check-ups in hospital, which she goes to once a month as part of her medication programme as she continues to quit her drug habits.
'When something like this happens they keep her in to make sure everything is alright', said a source.
'She generally goes into hospital once a month to make sure her general health is OK

http://www.metro.co....64&in_page_id=7
Hate when Amy gets "omitted". Really hate the boob-job! Have feared a relapse since the night she forgot how to do makeup/wear clothes.

Edited by Alan48, 16 November 2009 - 03:32 PM.

#5 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hmmmmmm, is 'Bad reaction' secret code, or what the kids call a hangover?
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#6 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:58 PM

I'd love to join this discussion, but I keep getting distracted by the bad reaction Amy's right tit seems to be having..
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#7 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

Her right boob looks like a rising bun.

- 8-/

#8 shaylaxtx

shaylaxtx

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt when I first read this story because I've been hospitalized from bad reactions to OTC cold meds before but they only stay in your system for 6 hours tops. Two days in the hospital because of cold medication just doesn't add up. All over of her overdoses and binge drinking episodes in the past were covered as "bad reactions to medication" so who knows anymore. There have also been rampant rumors that she wants a nose job.

Edited by shaylaxtx, 16 November 2009 - 08:16 PM.

#9 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

this doesn't look like a woman who's just overdosed:
Posted Image

#10 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:23 PM

No one said she overdosed.....?????? (RECENTLY???????)

Edited by Rockesquirrel, 16 November 2009 - 10:33 PM.
because facts iz friends

- 8-/

#11 shaylaxtx

shaylaxtx

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:53 PM

this doesn't look like a woman who's just overdosed:
Posted Image

those pictures were taken on saturday night when she went out at the Soho house. She wasn't admitted to the hospital unless the next morning. either way no one said she overdosed but two days in the hospital for a "cold medicine reaction" seems a little um..odd.

#12 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:17 AM

those pictures were taken on saturday night when she went out at the Soho house. She wasn't admitted to the hospital unless the next morning. either way no one said she overdosed but two days in the hospital for a "cold medicine reaction" seems a little um..odd.

yeah sorry that kinda came out a bit wrong. just don't think theres anything to worry about judging by her smile.

i think if she has an adverse reaction with medications, she could easily spend 24 hours vomiting. that could equal 2 nights.

#13 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:48 PM

Probably because of who Amy is, she gets priority treatment. She is frequently admitted to hospital for seemingly minor problems. I can't see a non-celeb being treated with the same urgency, that is unless something else is going on. But she does look fine in those photos, so that's quite reassuring.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#14 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:23 AM

Anyone know how long drug replacement therapy lasts? Wondering how much longer Amy will need to be on it.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#15 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:36 AM

Don't know what she's using, but found this about methadone:

For methadone maintenance, 12 months of treatment is the minimum, and some opiate-addicted individuals will continue to benefit from methadone maintenance treatment over a period of years.
Good outcomes are contingent on adequate lengths of treatment.
Many people who enter treatment drop out before receiving all the benefits that treatment can provide. Successful outcomes may require more than one treatment experience. Many addicted individuals have multiple episodes of treatment, often with a cumulative impact.

http://www.drug-addi...atment_last.htm
Somewhat reassuring that it's so long-term.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users