Nature Boy

Dark Pandora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

Everyone here saw this cover already:
Posted Image

I bought the magazine this afternoon, and it has a LOT of interviews, and Amy's his the last one, why? 'cos she is number 1 on the TOP 100 ALBUMS OF THE 21st CENTURY with Back to Black.

It has an amazing picture of her on the side of the interview, by the way. :)
But I dont have a scanner, so give me 5 minutes and I'll copy the interview to this post.

PS: She mentions the name of two NEW songs ;)
R.I.P.
Amy Winehouse

Forever in our hearts, shall we meet in Heaven this time!

#2 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Dark Pandora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:23 PM

Here it is:
AMY WINEHOUSE
Forget, if you will, the meltdowns, the new boobs, "Blaaaake" and the whole circus: {THE DIVA} made the album of the century.
How the Devil are you?
I'm great, yeah.

When did you last listen to Back to Black?
When was the last time I listened to my own album? Bloody hell. I don't.

You've said before that you used making that records as therapy to help you through your first split with Blake...
Oh yeah, definitely. Writing songs is very cathartic and all that, yeah. I tend to write songs about things that I'm trying to make sense of or I can't quite get past.

Why do you think Back To Black was such a leap on from your debut, Frank?
I was listening to a lot more kinds of music when I made my first album. With Back To Black I was listening to a very narrow spectrum of music, so all of the stuff kind of sounds the same, whereas the first album was a bit of a melting pot, really. I'm still so proud of Back To Black. I feel like it's a big fucking solid platinum gun with 10 fucking silver bullets in it.

Does it still melt your head to think it won five Grammys?
Melt my head? No, but I'm very proud of myself and I was glad that I could give my family and friends a good night.

How's the new stuff going?
It's going really well, thank you. I've got one called Our Souls Ain't Sold and another one called Gutter. What's the style? I couldn't tell you yet...!

Quoted from: Q Magazine - January 2010
:)

Q Magazine says: "With in-yer-face sexuality and her unwillingness to hold her tongue, Winehouse made a good pop star. And a producer Mark Ronson has kept her individuality intact..."

Edited by Nature Boy, 27 November 2009 - 11:26 PM.

R.I.P.
Amy Winehouse

#3 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:31 PM

I'm still so proud of Back To Black. I feel like it's a big fucking solid platinum gun with 10 fucking silver bullets in it.

Good description.

I've got one called Our Souls Ain't Sold and another one called Gutter.

I thought it was "Our Souls Ain't Sole"?
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#4 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Dark Pandora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:31 PM

Sole?
why? :)
R.I.P.
Amy Winehouse

#5 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:36 PM

That was a reference I saw in some other story several weeks ago. Probably on the forum somewhere.

"Sole" as in, our souls don't exist in a vacuum, we are connected to other people, who help define who we are. That was the way I took it. Sounded like a believable Amy theme to me.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#6 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

Nature Boy, I love you so much right now :D

edit: I thought "sole" too.. Amy said so on twitter. After all "e" is near "d" on the keyboard..

Edited by Iulian, 27 November 2009 - 11:44 PM.

#7 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:29 AM

I'd love to see her next album top B2B critically and sales wise. Then she'd have a gun for the other holster.

(Nice avatar)
Thank you
(No really);)

#8 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:10 AM

" I feel like it's a big fucking solid platinum gun with 10 fucking silver bullets in it." never thought of it that way before/ our girl has a unique way of saying things....

#9 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

" I feel like it's a big fucking solid platinum gun with 10 fucking silver bullets in it." never thought of it that way before/ our girl has a unique way of saying things....

I SO second that.:-P
She truly PWNS any kind of description.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#10 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:42 PM

Thank you so much for typing the interview out!

"Forget, if you will, the meltdowns, the new boobs, "Blaaaake" and the whole circus" - You know what, I think I will.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#11 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

I second that emotion, Sarah!!

#12 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:38 PM

I still can't thank anyone with the thumbs up - so, thank you Nature Boy. Very cool indeed.
"I've got hair like them"

#13 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Dark Pandora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:47 PM

you're all welcome :D
R.I.P.
Amy Winehouse

#14 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:32 AM

That was a reference I saw in some other story several weeks ago. Probably on the forum somewhere.

"Sole" as in, our souls don't exist in a vacuum, we are connected to other people, who help define who we are. That was the way I took it. Sounded like a believable Amy theme to me.

I'm glad it's "Our Souls Ain't Sold", as before mentioned title, with "Sole", seemed to allude strongly to a yearning to be with B that I wouldn't be that happy with if it landed on her new album like that, and I hope: new phase, new thoughts, new material. A lot of b's in that. I hope they b lacking in her, is what I mean, apart from b herself, b good & b brilliant.;-) B.t.w., I like her description of her songwriting too: "I tend to write songs about things that I'm trying to make sense of or I can't quite get past." I like it all, in fact.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 29 November 2009 - 12:39 AM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#15 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:50 AM

I still can't thank anyone with the thumbs up - so, thank you Nature Boy. Very cool indeed.

If your security settings are real high they may not let AWF run javascript. Somewhere you should be able to paste in the AWF url as a trusted site. Can't think what else it could be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users