104 replies to this topic

#61 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

I've always feared that someone may hit her back. When I watched the rather horrible video in which she slapped a woman who grabbed her arm in the street (which was also an incredibly rude thing to do) I thought she was lucky that the other person didn't slap her back. That or worse could happen no matter how many bodyguards she takes with her.
Posted Image

#62 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:31 PM

ITA, Pablo. Whilst I understand that she's little, she's a woman, she's got all these challenges, but however doesn't give her the right to assault. Winehouse is going to endanger her security staff and whoever is with her at the time. Just because we're fans, doesn't mean she gets a pass. Sorry to offend.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#63 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:11 PM

kinda sad to see that this is her life now, going to court every few months.

#64 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:16 AM

You see, she's short, and that extra effort for her little tiny foot to reach his groin........ :-S You know you can't tell Amy what to do, Lainey!! Read the rule book! >:-)

Stupid rules! Must. Try. Harder. Wah-Wah. :-$
"I've got hair like them"

#65 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:32 AM

You've been a bad girl, Amy. Now come bend over uncle Phil's lap for a spanking.

^perv^
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#66 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:03 AM

Wouldn't community service be more effective than a fine? She's not exactly short of cash. Perhaps the conditional discharge will discourage her from this type of behaviour in future.

I think it's a positive sign that she pleaded guilty - it might be sinking in that she can't just lash out at people.

She's always been a pretty honest person, hasn't she? It's hard for me to imagine Amy outright lying, assuming she's sober. Of course, she doesn't always see her condition for what it is, but I don't view that as lying, it's just she can't see it.

I agree with most of the posts here, including that community service would have been good at this point. One more incident and it sounds like they are really going to throw the book at her.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#67 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:55 AM

You've been a bad girl, Amy. Now come bend over uncle Phil's lap for a spanking.

^perv^

:-$
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#68 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:43 AM

She's always been a pretty honest person, hasn't she? It's hard for me to imagine Amy outright lying, assuming she's sober. Of course, she doesn't always see her condition for what it is, but I don't view that as lying, it's just she can't see it.

I agree with most of the posts here, including that community service would have been good at this point. One more incident and it sounds like they are really going to throw the book at her.

I couldn't agree less with those who portray Amy almost as a villain who deserves to get her comeuppance. What an awful attitude towards Amy, and one that says naught about her and all about who entertain such views. Amy is not a criminal, and even if she were, according to the judiciary, which is a joke anyway, one wouldn't have to go along with such mock justice as was dispensed yesterday. If a book is to be thrown at anyone, then it should be To Kill a Mockingbird, and it should not be thrown at Amy, but at the mob of "justices", who apparently need to learn so much more from it than Amy. I'm not excusing bad behaviour, but I am here to support Amy, and I will stand up for her.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 21 January 2010 - 05:08 AM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#69 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:04 AM

I couldn't agree less with those who portray Amy almost as a villain who deserves to get her comeuppance. What an awful attitude towards Amy, and one that says naught about her and all about who entertain such views. Amy is not a criminal, and even if she were, according to the judiciary, which is a joke anyway, one wouldn't have to go along with such mock justice as was dispensed yesterday. If a book is to be thrown at anyone, then it should be To Kill a Mockingbird, and it should not be thrown at Amy, but at the mob of "justices", who apparently need to learn so much more from it than Amy. I'm not excusing bad behaviour, but I am here to support Amy, and I will stand up for her.

She's not a villain who got her comeuppance. She is someone who committed a criminal assault (again) and has been punished in accordance with the country where she commited the crime.

Just because I like her music does not mean that I will be supportive of her assaulting someone in a theatre full of children.

I refuse to be blinded by stardom. Amy is a human being who should not be allowed to behave violently towards members of the public, just because she is famous.

I also don't care if that makes me awful in your eyes. I would rather be honest than starstruck.
Let Your Freak Flag Fly

#70 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

Stupid rules! Must. Try. Harder. Wah-Wah. :-$

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

She's not a villain who got her comeuppance. She is someone who committed a criminal assault (again) and has been punished in accordance with the country where she commited the crime.

Just because I like her music does not mean that I will be supportive of her assaulting someone in a theatre full of children.

I refuse to be blinded by stardom. Amy is a human being who should not be allowed to behave violently towards members of the public, just because she is famous.

I also don't care if that makes me awful in your eyes. I would rather be honest than starstruck.

Did you ever know that you're my heeeeeerooooooooooooooo?????? You're eeeeeeverything I'd wish could beeeeeeeeee. I can fly hiiiiiiigherrrr than an eeeeeeeeeeaagllle. You are the wind beneath myyyyyy wiiiings.... :D
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#71 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

lol, right back at ya babe xx
Let Your Freak Flag Fly

#72 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

Then I advise that you don't go live in most parts of the world, where women, in accordance with the law of the land, are treated as second class citizens, or slaves. I can name a few: Iran, Saoedi-Arabia, Sudan, and you can find the rest mentioned in the papers with sad regularity also.
I'm not supportive of her assaulting someone, and if you actually read my posts right, then you'd know that I'm not, apart from when she's actually defending herself. Dramatizing situations should be left to those whose profession it is to twist words and make up things up to suit their game.
I'm not blinded; moral ethics is a pet subject of mine, and I've been thinking about it for more than 30 years. The seriousness of her offence(s) is of relative minor importance, which should be reflected in one's moral judgement.
I don't care for your insinuations that I'm supportive of violence because I am starstruck, which would make me immoral and a moron. I find your attitude towards Amy sanctimonious, and towards me unjustifiably arrogant. But don't let that stop you from arguing. I am very against censorship, or self-censoring, for that matter.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 21 January 2010 - 05:00 PM.

#73 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:25 PM

I have absolutely no intention of arguing with you. Apart from on one point. What the hell have Iran, and the other countries you have mentioned got to do with the fact that Amy Winehouse (A British Citizen) committed a crime of violence in a British theatre?

Your reply is exactly the reason I very rarely come to this forum anymore. Bring on the new album when we will have something else to talk about rather than the childish, drunken exploits of a talented lady who is pissing away her talent.

BTW I am not insinuating anything. I am flat out telling you. Read your posts above. You "support Amy", but you do it blindly. You are a fan who thinks that anyone who tries to have clarity of judgement about a famous person's behaviour is a hater. I am not a hater, I am a realist who thinks that Amy Winehouse is a talented songwriter with a beautiful voice and an appalling attitude.

Edited by kylakoolie, 21 January 2010 - 05:32 PM.
syntax

Let Your Freak Flag Fly

#74 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

Your reply is exactly the reason I very rarely come to this forum anymore. Bring on the new album when we will have something else to talk about rather than the childish, drunken exploits of a talented lady who is pissing away her talent.

Seconded, thirded, etc, etc.
"I've got hair like them"

#75 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

Kyla, keep on doing what you do best, girl. Winehouse is human, only with a much, much, much larger bank account.

- 8-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users