• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:57 PM

I haven't heard these before.

Summer Sundae interview, August 2004:

Radio Interview, November 2003:

Today on 3 live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChRICoFc2mw&feature=related
This is a video, I hope it's ok to post it in this thread as well.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#2 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:32 PM

thank you sarah!
  • drandle likes this
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#3 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:12 PM

Go Sarah! Go Saraha!!!................

<3
Posted Image

#4 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:46 PM

Those are lovely, Sarah!
Makes me sad that YouTube suspended the account of soulofamywinehouse! Over 560 Amy videos! Probably due to scumbag user islandrecords! About 8 Amy videos that had over 10 million views have been taken down.

#5 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:34 AM

not a video... just a good interview about Amy. i enjoyed reading it, actualy i miss reading articles like this one about Amy.
enjoy!

Outrageous, but out of this world

Bryony Gordon
Published: 12:01AM GMT 16 Feb 2007

A foul-mouthed drunk or our most talented singer/songwriter? Well, both actually. And the most surprising thing about Brit award winner Amy Winehouse is that what she really wants is a husband and seven children, says Bryony Gordon

How does one begin to describe Amy Winehouse? Normally, it's as very thin or very drunk or both, but there is more to the 23-year-old than that - so much more that there aren't enough words on this page to do her justice, but I shall have a go.

She is from north London, Jewish, tattooed and says her favourite pastimes are playing pool and having sex, though not at the same time. The fictional character she most identifies with is Lady Macbeth, and she recently replaced her predilection for two ounces of weed a week with a gym addiction. This is probably just as well, seeing as she is a manic depressive who chooses not to take medication.
She is foul-mouthed and as outrageously outspoken as her beehive hair, heavily kohled eyes and eclectic dress sense suggest. "It's like my Nan said: 'Amy, you are a nice girl but people don't know you're nice. They pick up the Mirror and think you're a little bitch'," she has conceded.
And oh yes, she is also a brilliantly talented singer and songwriter, and an award-winning one to boot. On Wednesday night, she stumbled out of the Brits clutching a golden statuette for Best British Female Solo Artist for her second album, Back to Black (to add to the Ivor Novello award, won at the age of 21), having seen off stiff competition from Lily Allen.
If there were a competition to see who was the louder-mouthed of the two, Winehouse would probably win that as well - a fact that often distracts from her wonderful, confessional jazz and rhythm and blues. "I don't say things because I'm bitter. I say things everyone else is thinking but no one dares to say," she has said.
Here, for example, is Winehouse on Dido: "Background music - the background to death."
And on Kylie: "She's not an artist... She's a pony... like a little, cute, beautiful, beautiful pony."
And on the Beckhams: "He's David Beckham; he's a genius. So what if he f***** 20 other women? She can never leave him, 'cos no one would like her and she'd just be forgotten about. Bang. No one cares."
And of her bosses at her record company: "They know I have no respect for them whatsoever."
And on her father, who left her mother when she was just nine: "People like to have sex with people. I don't begrudge my dad just because he has a penis. What's the point?"
So Winehouse isn't short of headline-grabbing tactics, not least her love of falling out of pubs drunk. She admits to liking a drink (once she woke up in hospital after downing 30 tequila shots) and is a frequent fixture on the scene in Camden, north London, where I once encountered her at my local pub. She spent the afternoon drunkenly throwing chips at me and my friends, which was mildly irritating, but I assumed she might have thumped me if I told her to stop.
In a recent interview she expressed confusion at the scratches she had woken up with on her arm. "I have no idea. I hate that. The blackouts. Happens too often."
She says she's a "horrible" drunk; tabloids recently reported that she punched a girl for simply looking at her, and that she had to cut short a performance because she had been drinking all day with Kelly Osbourne and was too inebriated.
At the Brits, presenter Russell Brand pointed out that Winehouse was fast becoming the new name for her liver; she performed drunk on The Charlotte Church Show, and on Never Mind the Buzzcocks she spent most of the time asking the host, Simon Amstell, if she could have a drink, and cracking jokes about cat Aids.
She says she'd rather drink than eat, and that is evident when you look at her scrawny frame; a frame that has been debated often in the press, though to be fair there is little to debate.
Winehouse, unlike other stars, does not deny that she has had problems with anorexia and bulimia. "I'm not dusting it off, like, 'I don't have a problem'," she has said. "I obviously do have a problem, but it's not as out of control as it has been."
It is this candid self-awareness that prevents you from concluding that you are watching a car crash in slow motion. Unlike Pete Doherty, she is strangely charming and, let's not forget, talented; she admits that she is not the most stable of human beings, but she doesn't wear it as a rock star badge of honour. It is just the way she is, and that's that.
Of her father suggesting that she go into rehab (aptly the title of her last single), she recalls: "I said all right, I'll do it for you, Dad, but this is ********. So I went upstairs and put my face on. And then I got to the clinic, and it's the same old thing - I've been to a couple of rehabilitation centres before, whether it be for not eating properly, or drinking - everyone there just wants to talk about themselves all the time...
"Anyway, he [the therapist] says to me, 'I'm a recovering alcoholic...' and I thought, 'You're not going to stop now, are you?' And he didn't! He just kept talking about himself... It was so boring."
It's hard not to like Winehouse, whose mum, a pharmacist, and dad, a taxi driver, brought her up on a diet of Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald, setting the tone for her future (her uncles are also professional jazz musicians, and her grandmother once went out with Ronnie Scott).
She won scholarships to the Sylvia Young Theatre School and the Brits School, but she was expelled from the former and hated the latter and left with just five GCSEs. She joined the National Youth Jazz Orchestra, where she was spotted by a management company.
Frank Jones, who helped to co-write songs on her first album, Frank, said she was "unlike anything that had ever come through my radar", and her two albums have received the kind of critical acclaim that artists twice her age would die for.
Her voice is the stuff of Deep South jazz singers, not a middle-class white girl, but she is remarkably blasé about it when she was growing up: "I didn't think singing was particularly special and it's not. I was good at singing but I was also good at sewing, d'youknowhatImean?"
One only hopes Winehouse doesn't burn out too soon, though it seems that having a stable family background (she is close to both her parents, despite their divorce) and the love of her boyfriend, Alex, a former chef, will prevent her from going that way. "I love parties and rock and roll, but secretly I'm never happier than when I'm cleaning... In 10 years time... I'm gonna be looking after my husband and our seven kids."
Even without the tequila, one imagines that Winehouse will still be a lot of fun.

P.S: awww...she was still with Alex....blake was out of the picture then...Alex was so cute, and a former chef!! why did she leave him...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#6 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

Alan found this one (thank you!) but I'll post it here as well in case anyone missed it in the Pictures thread.

I always think "Frank Amy" and "BTB Amy" act and sound so different (when speaking and singing) but I definitely see "BTB Amy" here.
And I love how she looks and sounds in this interview.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#7 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:39 AM

from the interview

"What is my idea of perfect happiness?
Perfect happiness is ……being with someone who you love and knowing that you don’t have to go anywhere for work, like you don’t have to do any work, like you’ve got a week off, or something"

Uh, oh...should we be worried? lol

^ "but I definitely see "BTB Amy" here."

esp. at 0:41/0:43 - she looks great!

Alan, I think that's worth a capture for our pics thread....don't you?.....pls...
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#8 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:14 AM

Thanks a lot Sarah! <3 Good read!
"FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE"
Janis Joplin

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic