Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

Just spotted this:

My Daughter Amy
First Cut documentary in which Mitch Winehouse discusses the consequences of his daughter Amy's superstardom and the problems faced by himself and his family in dealing with tabloid scrutiny and the issues surrounding addiction. Director Jazz Thwaite asks what the future holds for the singer's father - an important force in her life and music career SUB
Documentary
Friday 8th January at 19:30 on Channel 4

Also see here:

http://www.channel4....my-daughter-amy

http://library.digig...49/Documentary/

Edited by Jayne, 01 January 2010 - 08:17 PM.

• barbarakn60 and jackhp1 like this
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#2 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:45 AM

Thanks Jayne, even tho' I won't be able to get it on British TV...any chance of posting something afterwards would be appreciated.

http://www.channel4....ies-1/episode-1

Mitch Winehouse talks openly about the consequences of Amy Winehouse's superstardom, and the issues faced by an ordinary family in extraordinary circumstances, dealing with tabloid scrutiny and addiction.

As Amy's dad, he's been an important force in her life and career and, he now hopes, in her rehabilitation.

But the situation consumes him and the family every minute of the day.

As Amy gets further down the road of recovery, director Jazz Thwaite asks what now for Mitch?

That's so sad...for them, and for all families of addicts...not to mention the addicts themselves. Those of us who don't have addictions prob take our (relative) peace of mind for granted.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#3 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:36 AM

As said it would be nice if someone could post it afterwards.
"FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE"
Janis Joplin

Posted Image

#4 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

^ Yes... Please, anyone?
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#5 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:41 PM

I am sure someone clever will seed it to YouTube as soon as poss..... but.......

I have this DVD recorder thng we have had for a year and I still do not know how to use. I might make that my mission for the week, and if poss will get a whole one for anyone who wants a copy.

(Please don't hold me to this; I am tremendously stupid where technology is concerned!)

#6 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

I can upload it to Dailymotion if people can use this. You tube have deleted a few of mine and I don't want my account being suspended.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#7 Mono

Mono

down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

dailymotion is the better choice. ;)

#8 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:43 AM

I wonder how long it took them to come up with the title 'My Daughter Amy'. That's inspired, that is.
"I've got hair like them"

#9 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:51 AM

If Amy had written the show, the title would have been better.

Wonder how much new footage of her will be in the documentary.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#10 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:23 PM

I wonder how long it took them to come up with the title 'My Daughter Amy'. That's inspired, that is.

LMAO! I would've at least added the word "troubled". Come on, now!
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#11 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:49 PM

^"My daughter: a bridge over troubled water"
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#12 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

Jayne, do you think the quality would be better if you upload it on megaupload.com or something similar? Or would it be faster to upload? If you're worried about having your account suspended (I don't know how often that happens on Dailymotion), you could use this sort of website.

Thanks so much for wanting to do this. I knew we could count on you. :)
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#13 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:46 PM

1 more day ...
Thanks in advance for uploading this for us Jayne! I'm looking foward to it! :)
"FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE"
Janis Joplin

Posted Image

#14 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:43 AM

http://www.guardian....amy-iwrin-allen

My Daughter Amy
7.30pm, Channel 4
Since being mentioned in his daughter's track Rehab, daddy Mitch has loomed ever larger in the Amy Winehouse story. This new documentary in the popular First Cut strand meets the never especially shy and retiring taxi driver and asks him to assess some of the consequences for his family of his daughter's tabloid ubiquity. Undoubtedly, Mitch's situation is a little contradictory – if on some level you're protesting your high profile, don't participate in a documentary – but his heart's probably in the right place.

http://www.mirror.co...15875-21950313/

I’m always uncomfortable with people seeming to cash in on the celebrity status of a relative, especially when it’s a parent taking advantage of their child.
Britney Spears’ and Lindsay Lohan’s mothers appear to be prime examples. Mitch Winehouse may be turning into another...
He questions his own motives for making this documentary about how his daughter Amy’s drug addiction has affected his life. But not enough to actually stop the cameras from filming.
The show, which includes footage of Mitch joining Amy in St Lucia where she spent nine months fighting her addictions, is an interesting insight into life with a child with a drug habit.
It’s also a good guide to what not to wear in front of the cameras (Amy’s mum – pull your straps up) and shows that even if you fork out for a Harley Street therapist, you could still end up with one that has a footballer-style habit of saying “you know” a lot.

No confirmation anywhere of what the Daily Mail reported: that Mitch & Amy sing together. Maybe it's just a few seconds of them fooling around.

#15 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:19 PM

By the producer:

Mitch Winehouse and me

Spending a year filming Amy Winehouse's dad made me feel like an honorary member of the family, and see his daughter in a rather different light

It started with a letter to "Mr Winehouse" last January. Now I feel like an honorary member of the family – imagine The Sopranos if it was set on an executive estate next to Bluewater. As the producer of My Daughter Amy, a documentary for Channel 4 about Amy Winehouse's dad, Mitch, I've been finding out the consequences of his daughter's stardom and addiction for Mitch and his family.
I spent a year filming with Mitch. I met his friends – Tony with his six Ivor Novellos; East End Freddie, an old acquaintance of Princess Margaret's; other cabbies he'd known since he was a kid – shared many lunches of chicken soup and matzo balls, and was introduced to the joys of being "schmeissed" on a visit to the Porchester Baths in Bayswater, where basically I got naked, soaped up, then was beaten with a loofah as Mitch straddled me, naked too. It was an ice-breaker. I became a shoulder to cry on – and there was a lot to cry about: Mitch and I spent hours plotting how to get Blake out of Amy's life for good. If only we could introduce Amy to the actor Tom Hardy, we thought, wouldn't they just be perfect for each other?
One afternoon, a couple of months into filming, Mitch suggested we all go out to St Lucia. The next morning I was on a plane to Cotton Bay, an all-inclusive, five-star, high security honeymoon resort – the perfect place for people who want to holiday in a similar environment to Simon Cowell's X Factor boot camp. Amy had been living there for five months, and we were greeted by the entourage: two weary bodyguards, a girl from Chelmsford who did nails at the golf club and was Amy's new best friend, and a gaggle of scruffy local kids. And of course Amy – all chaotic movements, freckles and tousled hair, with no beehive and pretty in real life. "Who the fuck are you?" she asked. It wasn't quite the introduction I'd been planning.
That night we sat around Amy's private pool telling ghost stories; Amy wide-eyed as I told her about a dream I'd had. She has dreams too, she said, about her childhood cat, Simon. Mitch pulled me aside. He looked serious. There had in fact been two Simons. When the first one died they replaced him, Amy never realised. I was made to swear not to tell her.
I'm very fond of Mitch, and we survived the filming process, which is no mean feat. As for Amy, she can be rude, delightful, away with the fairies and then on you as sharp as anything. But then I've also spent afternoons with Mitch watching old home movies – where she's rather less of a superstar and rather more a naughty, foot-stamping four-year-old. Maybe that's best.
• Richard Hughes is the MD of Transparent Television and producer of My Daughter Amy, which is showing on Channel 4 tonight at 7.30pm.

http://www.guardian....ry-channel-four

Edit: Gee, maybe all Amy's bad dreams and problems are due to her cat inexplicably turning into another cat! Painfully dishonest parenting! I doubt Mr Hughes would have broken his promise if he didn't think it was something Amy needed to know.

Edited by Alan48, 08 January 2010 - 03:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users