44 replies to this topic

#31 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:11 PM

See, there is my problem. Not quite a problem, but I can't find other word. I just don't see an album as best as, worse, better than other. I take every piece by itself.

Again, I see B2B made expectation up to God for everyone. Not for me though.

Hmm okay, I find that quite incredible. I read on your myspace page that you have a favorite song. How did you pick that song over all others if you don't compare pieces on quality?
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#32 Rubi

Rubi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:23 AM

I remember reading that the next album would be reggae inspired but darker in tone. I loved that idea; imagine Amy adding her witty soulful takes to reggae.B-)
In terms of the quality… it’s gotta be hard trying to meet B2B level but I’m sure whatever she puts out will be good. I always get the impression that when she releases something she has to feel 100% about it, she doesn’t release sh*t music.

I notice many here like the Frank sound and I do too. She had something special with the hip hop and Jazz fusion, wish she would explore that sound more.

Finally, now that I’m going off I wanna add that I notice so many artists with Amy’s similar style coming out (Solange, Adele, Melanie Fiona, etc.). She definitely opened a door for them and now labels are actually looking for girls who can sing! But it also comes with the bad ‘cause some of them are copping her style and I when I see them I think that it should be our girl Amy killing it.>:-)

#33 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:16 PM

I dont understand why it would be so hard to top B2B. Her lyrics have always been amazing, even since Frank. The only difference is production, which in any case can make or break any song. I don't think there's any pressure on her behalf or at least there shouldnt be. She's an amazing writer regardless. HER RECORD LABEL NEEDS TO ALLOW HER TIME.

#34 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

Hmm okay, I find that quite incredible. I read on your myspace page that you have a favorite song. How did you pick that song over all others if you don't compare pieces on quality?

It's a favorite song because it describes perfectly what I would have said if it wasn't been said before. Maybe it's not their best song, maybe it's their worst, I don't know, I can't pronounce myself in this problem. What I know is that I love everything about it, lyrics, music, voice etc, but if it would be voted as the worst song ever that wouldn't make me change my mind.

#35 Trouble

Trouble

Just No Good

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:56 PM

It's a favorite song because it describes perfectly what I would have said if it wasn't been said before. Maybe it's not their best song, maybe it's their worst, I don't know, I can't pronounce myself in this problem. What I know is that I love everything about it, lyrics, music, voice etc, but if it would be voted as the worst song ever that wouldn't make me change my mind.

I think I know what you mean, you appreciate all the albums/songs for what they are. But it doesn't mean you don't relate to a particular song or album more than another? :smiley:

Or maybe I'm getting at something else altogether, haha!:lol:

#36 Iulian

Iulian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:03 PM

I think I know what you mean, you appreciate all the albums/songs for what they are. But it doesn't mean you don't relate to a particular song or album more than another? :smiley:

Bingo!

#37 lnz

lnz

I'll buy the Rizla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:13 AM

Hey everyone, haven't been around for a while and pretty much am too lazy to go sifting through everything, so I'm wondering what's the latest on her next album...any news?
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

#38 melaniumom

melaniumom

Ya'll look the same, everyone knows your name

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:00 AM

No one reaaaaallly knows, but "everyone" keeps saying "soon".

I've also hear that it's gonna be kinda raggae/ska. Some of the songs on the bonus B2B were very reggae sounding, even though they were covers. It was cool. I also love her jazzy bluesy side, I truly can't decide if I like Frank or B2B more. I do think I remember Amy saying in an interview somewhere along the way that it was gonna have the same sound as B2B.

Who knows, but I'm sure she'll wow us no matter what it is. I just wish she'd hurry up already.

myspace

Posted Image

I don't ever wanna drink again
I just ooh I just need a friend
I'm not gonna spend ten weeks
have everyone think I'm on the mend

It's not just my pride
It's just 'til these tears have dried

#39 shaylaxtx

shaylaxtx

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:21 PM

BAD news for Amy Winehouse fans...her ever-elusive third album will be delayed again due to her renewed romance with estranged hubby Blake.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; } Wino has scrapped some songs because they were “anti” Blake, even though record bosses were said to be thrilled with most of the tracks.

My snitch told me: “Amy has written some of her best songs ever for this album but she now feels like they don’t belong.

“She’s not going to put out an album just because her record company wants her to, so it’s back to the drawing board.”

But it’s not all bad news. Amy struck up an internet friendshipwith US rapper Nas and I hear they have been writing a song together despite being on different continents.

The source added: “Amy and Nas have been singing to each other on Skype.

“Her new album has a large hip hop influence to it and Nas fits right into the sound she’s wanting now."

http://www.dailystar...-delayed-again/

#40 melaniumom

melaniumom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

personally, I'd love to hear the anti blake material >:-)

myspace

Posted Image

I don't ever wanna drink again
I just ooh I just need a friend
I'm not gonna spend ten weeks
have everyone think I'm on the mend

It's not just my pride
It's just 'til these tears have dried

#41 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

i'll second that

#42 Iulian

Iulian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

personally, I'd love to hear the anti blake material >:-)

here too, but i know its best to have what she wants on the album, since her name is involved. i do love the hip hop influence part, even though i would love to see a ska album singed amy winehouse,

#43 lnz

lnz

I'll buy the Rizla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:56 AM

Well, at least the damn thing is being worked on! :D
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

#44 melaniumom

melaniumom