36 replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

Hello! I wanted to know if some of you ever met Amy on the Street or at a party. I didn't. :-$ I really want to meet her one day, i also read that many fans all over the world were trying to ring at her door, but she wasn't at home at this time.
Amy flies in paradise

#2 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

One of our forum members has been at her house. I don't think anyone else met her.

I've seen her a couple of times, said hi, she turned around to say hi back, she waved at me, and said something like "thank you, that's so sweet" when we had thrown flowers with a letter on stage. And my left arm is on a paparazzi picture of her, hehe.
I have never really met her, but I'm definitely happy with what I "got".

I see you're from Germany. I don't know big Amy is there, but I suggest you go the venue a couple of hours early next time she has a gig in Germany or in any country where she's not that big. You might get lucky.

EDIT: here's part of the post I wrote after seeing her 'up close' the first time.
[FONT="]

We got there at about half past 12. I immediately saw her bus, it was parked right in front of the venue. I thought Amy was inside already and was thinking about going to look at the back entrance to see if someone was there, when some people got out of the bus. First I didn't see Amy because she was wearing a cardigan that I didn't recognize, but then I saw it was her. We were just like "oh my god!". We yelled her name (I think, it went really fast) but she didn't look. She didn't look too happy. It could have been that she missed us because she only saw the paparazzi though. We asked her bodyguard and the security man if there was any chance Amy would come back out and they said no. But it was only 1 o'clock, so we knew she wouldn't stay inside for 7 hours. A while later she did come back out, but she went into the bus very quickly and didn't see us.
I'm guessing she had a nap in the bus, and a couple of hours later she came back out. We were standing at a really good place next to the entrance so she couldn't miss us. She walked right past us, and she said hi! I think she asked "You ok?", she may have said more but it went so fast (so Byron if she said more, please tell us because I don't remember). She was a couple of steps past us and Byron yelled that he came from London, and then she turned around again. I am 100% sure that if the paparazzi weren't there and if her bodyguard wasn't pushing her to get inside, she would have stayed with us a bit longer. (so sorry Zoe, I don't have a picture of us together unless we find the paparazzi pictures, because I can imagine we'll be on some of them too) Not long after she got inside, a man came and asked Byron if he came from London and if he had tickets for the gig because Amy wanted to make sure Byron had tickets and she sent the man back to ask it! How nice is that, right? She is such a nice woman.
And I know this has been said before, but my god she is so small! She looked good though, when I saw her from up close I was surprised by how good - even healthy- she looked.
But it's not over yet... We saw her a fourth time! The doors (that are made of glass) were closed and Byron and I were in front of the doors because we were the first in the queue, she saw us and we waved (I did, anyway) and then she... I don't know how to say it... it wasn't really waving, but it looked so cool (Byron could you explain what I mean?)

Quote from about a month later:
[/FONT]

Oh, now I almost forgot the most important bit (for me anyway): the roses. I don't remember after which song I did it, but I threw roses on stage. Amy saw it and looked at it, but didn't do anything. I guess she didn't see that it were roses because of the paper that was around it. So then I felt really shitty because I screwed it and didn't throw it well enough, and I kept on trying to make her or Zalon notice it. But she didn't see me pointing at it. They all went off stage and then of course she came back to do a few more songs (although it seemed to be taking a very long time for them to come back, I started wondering if they even would come back). And somewhere in that last encore bit, we got Zalon's attention and I started pointing at the roses and begging him like crazy (seriously... I was like yelling please Zalon, please... please... please) and then Zalon kind of tried to have a better look at what we had thrown and I guess that's when Amy noticed it too, and she went to have a look, saw what it was and she picked them up. My heart was beating so fast! We were pointing at ourselves (I was anyway) to tell her that it were our roses and she saw that! She said "That's very kind of you" and she tried to read what was on it, and said that she'll read it (I don't remember what happened in which order though). And the crowd went "Oooooohh".

[FONT="]PS: It's ridiculous how excited I'm getting right now reading my own reviews of the gigs I went to.
[/FONT]

Edited by sarahbol, 01 March 2010 - 02:50 PM.

And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#3 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

One of our forum members has been at her house. I don't think anyone else met her.

I've seen her a couple of times, said hi, she turned around to say hi back, she waved at me, and said something like "thank you, that's so sweet" when we had thrown flowers with a letter on stage. And my left arm is on a paparazzi picture of her, hehe.
I have never really met her, but I'm definitely happy with what I "got".

I see you're from Germany. I don't know big Amy is there, but I suggest you go the venue a couple of hours early next time she has a gig in Germany or in any country where she's not that big. You might get lucky.

Wow, that's very cool, for me it would be enough to see her in front of me on the street, but it would be very fantastic to talk to her for a few minutes. There was a time, where her records were sold out in the german Music Stores, everyone was hyping her, but things have been wounded down now.
Unfortunately, I missed her gig in Munich in 2007. >:-(
Amy flies in paradise

#4 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

Oops, I was still editing my post when you replied. I always get a bit carried away when I think about this, sorry!

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#5 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:54 PM

Do you still have that pic, Sarah? If you posted it before, I forgot. lol
Amy/Byron pic & link: http://www.amywineho...&postcount=4639

#6 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:05 PM

I don't think I've ever posted it because I saw it in a magazine, I haven't found it on the internet. It's like the picture in the attachment, only my arm hasn't been cut of on it. You can see Byron in the background (actually it looks like there's a tiny part of my arm on this picture as well). I'm still wondering if there are more pictures that have been published, because I know they were taking pictures as she turned around to say hi to us (I have to add that I did push the paparazzo to try to stop him taking pictures).

Attached Files

#7 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:12 PM

Sarah, that is soooo cool! My heart was beating faster while I was reading it, if I were you then, I would have had a heart attack.

Can I ask who was at her house? :D If it's not a secret of course.

#8 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:41 PM

Byron, aka byronjones. Unfortunately he hasn't been very active on this forum lately.

Here's the thread about him meeting Amy:
http://www.amywineho...read.php?t=3015

#9 zeliaxamy

zeliaxamy

Half Psychotic Sick Hypnotic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

The closest I've been to Amy, is to her concerts xP I always get kinda starstruck so xD

Posted Image

#10 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:37 PM

I've never met Amy but I always hope I see her when I'm in London

#11 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

Sorry if i dig this thread up but i just wanted to read these memories and my broken dream of never meeting her.

Sarahbol, you are so lucky <3
Amy flies in paradise

#12 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

I never met Amy or saw her in concert and will regret that fact for the rest of my life.

Imagine being born in the same lifetime as such a wonderful and iconic legend and never actually getting to see her!

But she still couldn't mean anymore to me.

:'-(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#13 LauraWinehouse

LauraWinehouse

My Idol... My World.... My inspiration....Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

Well when i go to London Tomorrow it wouldn't surprise me if i still look for her, i know thats daft but if we'd went 3 months ago like planned we'd might have, what ifs and But's do no good in life, i missed out on one of the best things
We Only Say Goodbye With Words
I Died A Hundred Times
RIP Amy Winehouse
Your Forever In My Heart

VALERIE!!!!

:'-(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

Byron, aka byronjones. Unfortunately he hasn't been very active on this forum lately.

Here's the thread about him meeting Amy:
http://www.amywineho...read.php?t=3015

OH MY GOD. This sounds incredible!! But it makes me miss her even more :(
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#15 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

Never saw her.. :/