Photo
- - - - -

Ronson And Winehouse Reteam For Album

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

23 April 2010 08:29

Ronson And Winehouse Reteam For Album

MARK RONSON and AMY WINEHOUSE have reunited to record an upcoming album in honour of music industry legend QUINCY JONES - two years after the pair was originally slated to start the project.

The superproducer was at the mixing deck for Winehouse's 2006 global smash Back to Black and the pop star returned the favour the following year (07) by singing Valerie for Ronson's covers compilation Version.

Ronson was then due to return to the studio early last year (09) with his muse to record a new version of Lesley Gore's You Don't Own Me for the Jones album, but that plan was dropped as Winehouse escaped to the Caribbean for an extended sunshine holiday.

But now the former collaborators have patched up their friendship and working relationship - Winehouse's father Mitch has confirmed the artists are busy working with Jones on the project.

He says, "Over the weekend she did three tracks for Quincy Jones. She's doing great."

http://www.contactmu...r-album_1140047
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#2 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:24 AM

" ...to record an upcoming album..." - a whole album!...of covers?
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#3 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:42 AM

" ...to record an upcoming album..." - a whole album!...of covers?

The sparse information trend as to her own album and this Quincy Jones tribute is shared by most, if not all news sources, but at least they all repeat the same quote from Mitch, like also MTV UK, and they should know their business (I say should, I don't say they do):

Wino & Ronson Record Three Songs

So says showbiz dad Mitch...

14:16, Friday, 23 April 2010

Amy Winehouse and Mark Ronson have recorded three tracks together.
However the music looks set for a tribute album to legendary producer Quincy Jones, rather than the star’s own solo disc.

Ronson recently revealed that he was in the studio with wayward Wino and that fans could expect something soon.

However it looks unlikely to be something from her own album. Amy’s dad Mitch said: “Over the weekend she did three tracks for Quincy Jones. She's doing great.”

Winehouse’s follow up to Back To Black is long delayed, although she did reportedly record some songs for the record in St Lucia last year.

http://www.mtv.co.uk...ord-three-songs
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#4 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:02 AM

Meh, whatever it is, I can't wait to hear it. She did a hell of a job with Cupid and Monkey Man, so I'm sure this will be just as good as those, if not better.

#5 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:47 PM

Hope it all works out, would be great to hear something - anything - new...
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#6 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:06 AM

Jordan Rubin and Molly McAleer's quite recent (?) podcast interview with Mark Ronson and Alex Greenwald, which is for the most part silly, but in some parts Ronson talks about his old and recent collaborations with Amy, like for the Quincey Jones album (at 24:35).

http://evilbeetgossi...-amy-winehouse/

Podcast:
http://dotcomboom.tu...join-jordan-and

#7 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:18 AM

thanks babe! i really enjoyed this podcast!
loved when he said something like "it's really great to hear her back to singing really well, reminding everyone why she is the queen bee", just loved it! i'm very excited about this cover for Quincy, and obviously her album.
:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users