Photo
- - - - -

Salaam Remi "in the midst of finishing Amy Winehouse's album"!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:50 AM

The Stones had visa problems in the sixties due to drug busts and weren't allowed to tour the US until '69, and that was only because Brian Jones had passed away

#17 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:59 PM

The closest she can come to the States is Jamaica.

:-S...>:-(
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#18 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

Winehouse has so far been unable to move the plans forward - because she is struggling to obtain a visa to enter America

Incorrect, actually: America is struggling to give her one, which is utterly ridiculous, in her case. Even laws and rules... no, especially laws and rules need be reasonable and sensible, and this scores on neither counts, if one wants to be reasonable and sensible about it, that is. It must be the we-want-to-be-seen-to-be-tough cramp.:( Or... Katy Perry gave a (Victoria's) secret performance at the visa offices to keep her artistic Nemesis out. A measured response would be to keep the "popstar" out of Europe... for "criminal lack of artistic integrity and trying to bring an airhead into the country".;-)

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 02 July 2010 - 12:43 PM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#19 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

The thing about the visa fiasco is ridiculous. I find it weird that back in 2008, they were ready to hand her a visa last minute so that she could enter the states to perform at the Grammys when she was obviously still recovering from drugs, still possibly dabbling. However, now that she's clean and sober, she's being denied because of what? I thought everything simply came down to being drug tested in order to obtain one which still, imo, is a load of bull. Her drug use is her own personal problem. She shouldn't be on baby patrol because of it.

#20 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:36 PM

^Well said.

#21 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:37 AM

[quote name='Winehousedrunk']Incorrect, actually: America is struggling to give her one, which is utterly ridiculous, in her case. Even laws and rules... no, especially laws and rules need be reasonable and sensible, and this scores on neither counts, if one wants to be reasonable and sensible about it, that is. It must be the we-want-to-be-seen-to-be-tough cramp"

Nah, it's about countries and the laws they are governed by. Laws can be outdated, absurd, unreasonable and all the rest. It's The People's work in each country to create change through the proper channels. Amy's responsible for this red tape regardless of how you judge a country's laws. : )

btw, how are we "struggling" to get her a visa?

#22 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:51 PM

Amy is not responsible for any of America's absurdities, one of which, the Shrub, was successfully removed by The People, finally, which is good, as it also pulled down The People from Elsewhere, and the fall out still does. Accepting, even defending unreason just because it's there, it's the law or it's in power, is absurd. Questioning, challenging it, is what one should do, and express one's intolerance of it. Don't just make money off of her, cut through the red tape and let her have her visa, US of A! Oh bama, no one's listening... again.:(

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 03 July 2010 - 07:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users