16 replies to this topic

#1 jk1993

jk1993

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

Hi. I just thought I'd let you know that I'm Amy Winehouse's second cousin. My mum is Mitch's first cousin and used to see him when she was younger but My grandma split up with my granddad (I never met him - he was the one on Amy's side) but he's dead now. Everyone on Amy's side of the family took sides with my granddad and never spoke to my grandma. But technically, we share a great granddad and I am blood related to her.
  • TakeTheBox03 likes this

#2 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

Yea???
¡My grandpa is Jimmy Page!
:lol:

#3 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

So jk, any Amy stories? When was the last time you saw her?
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#4 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:09 PM

so if your granddad was mitch's dad's brother, your mum would be a winehouse. if he was mitch's mum's brother, then your mum would have the same maiden name as mitch's mum. what name was that? did you inherit the troubled gene?
why will nobody believe that i am the rightful king of france?
  • TakeTheBox03 likes this

#5 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

Hi. I just thought I'd let you know that I'm Amy Winehouse's second cousin. My mum is Mitch's first cousin and used to see him when she was younger but My grandma split up with my granddad (I never met him - he was the one on Amy's side) but he's dead now. Everyone on Amy's side of the family took sides with my granddad and never spoke to my grandma. But technically, we share a great granddad and I am blood related to her.

I'm no good with family trees, genealogy, but you could be related to Amy, if you say so, and if so, then that's nice and welcome to the non-genealogically related (though we are all descended from the same prehistoric ancestors) extended Winehouse family.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#6 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:44 AM

y mi abuelita es superman! :lol: j/k... welcome, my friend ..!
Posted Image

#7 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:02 AM

why will nobody believe that i am the rightful king of france?

Alan (Alain?), I believe you are the rightful king of France. Never doubted it. (Not to mock jk. Any Winehouse is a friend of mine.)
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#8 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:22 AM

Merci, Dave! I didn't mean to be mocking either, but I was a little irked that there was no mention of liking Amy as a person or as an artist.
The Queen of France! lol

#9 Emi

Emi

no se que poner acá

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:24 AM

^ :lol: This is a funny thread

#10 jk1993

jk1993

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

My mum's maiden name is Winehouse and my grandma's surname is Winehouse. I've never met her because of a falling out in the family.

#11 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:34 PM

^I'm guessing that you were born in '93, which makes you just 16/17 years old, JK, so you probably didn't have much of a chance yet to approach the other side of the family by your own choice, if you wished so, but maybe you will, sooner or later, and then you'll also eventually have a chance to meet Amy.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 01 June 2010 - 03:37 PM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#12 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

Cool! Did you see My Daughter Amy? Your granddad must have been the uncle Mitch mentions in the cemetery, where he says his dad & uncle both died in their 40s.
Families are the best/worst things in the world! Mitch is real open & honest and could tell you if his side of the family dispute story matches yours.

#13 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:16 PM

Wow, this is so bizarre. I was just wondering about Amy's second cousins and POOF, there you have one!
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#14 Merlin

Merlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

lol
the internet is entertaining these days
yessir

#15 -Sammy-

-Sammy-