Photo
- - - - -

Amy Records 'It's My Party' Cover

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#151 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:15 AM

It wasn't a blanket statement about all rap music; I said "often". Obviously, there is rap music that is interesting and relevant.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#152 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

I wasn't too crazy about it the first time I heard it but it's growing on me now.

Ok, when I say that I wasn't too crazy about it, this is what I meant:

I had my misgivngs at first... in fact, I was just plain annoyed and felt let down. I think I had wanted so much for it to be what "I EXPECTED" of Amy

It's a bit too messy for my liking and her vocals aren't the way I love them. It's not bad, I just hope I will like her new material a bit better.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#153 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

The Quincy album has officially dropped off the charts.

#154 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:36 PM

I heard the song on the radio today. I was so surprised!
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#155 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

My grandchildren play it to death when they come over. They LOVE it! I must admit, it's beginning to grow on me. 8-/

#156 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:00 AM

'It's My Party' has grown on me - a little bit. But I certainly hope the new album doesn't sound anything like it.
"I've got hair like them"

#157 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:59 AM

^^ *laughs satisfied at you 2* :lol:

#158 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

This is how I feel.... when I first heard it I was like almost embarrassed if someone recognized it as Amy and now I'm defensive about it, like "Don't you know a good AMY WINEHOUSE rendition of a song when you hear it???!!!! Are you kidding me? That woman has SOUL!".
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#159 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

The radio I'm listening has it as one of their "power plays" whatever that is supposed to mean, so I hear it quite a lot on the radio. I like it, but like Lainey said, hope that's not how she'll sound on the next album.
Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

#160 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:07 AM

more Quincy Jones on Amy Winehouse:

http://articles.lati...ones-20110102/4

"What a talent, but when I see her what crosses my mind is all the artists I've seen who fight with the drugs, you know? Charlie Parker and Ray and Miles Davis and so many guys. The best guys. They say it's fame, but I think it's the artist and the artist soul."
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#161 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:01 AM

that be so cool 2 hear it on the radio in North Carolina. sadly dont hear any song of amys on the radio hardly anymore here..
Posted Image
James Dean ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users