Photo
- - - - -

Brazilian Concert?

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#121 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:42 PM

Ok then let's just see how today's show will go.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#122 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

Zalon on twitter:

I WILL BE SINGING MY SONGS IN AMY WINEHOUSE'S CONCERTS.LETS LEARN 1. http://bit.ly/dvIaXs 2. http://bit.ly/aGnnDP PLS RT

Posted Image10 minutes ago via Twitter

So, I guess she didn't leave the band hanging, but she's promoting Zalon after all.

And thanks to everyone for the links and translations. She seems to be on the right track, I hoped for some new material, but let's take it one step at the time.

Edited by malaroda, 10 January 2011 - 02:24 PM.

Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

#123 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

Zalon's The Click intro... Dude, why?
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#124 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

^Ha-ha! I didn't even listen to the song because of that, I really dislike those kind of intros.
Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

#125 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

^ sounded like Mark's voice interrupting twice in the middle to say "zalononline.com". Reminded me of the first Amy B2B demos.
Tonight's venue: http://www.hsbcarena...ena.php?lang=en

Edit: Concert reviews:
Rolling Stone: http://www.rollingst...brazil-20110110
New York Magazine: http://nymag.com/dai...es_first_c.html

Edited by Alan48, 10 January 2011 - 04:09 PM.

#126 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

Love is a Losing Game & Some Unholy War
Pretty great sound quality!!

She sounds soo amazing!!

I don't know what to say... I had almost stopped believing that she could ever be this good again. This made my day. Can't say how happy this video made me feel. She's not all gone after all.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#127 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

Me & Mr Jones youtube.com/watch?v=bEFbfMOCh80

#128 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:02 AM

SPIN Magazine:

Amy Winehouse's Road to Redemption

It's been three years since Amy Winehouse last performed live, but the British soul singer made a grand return to the stage this weekend with a triumphant show at Brazil's Summer Soul Festival. Along with hits like "Tears Dry on Their Own" and "Rehab," Winehouse mixed in choice covers that fit her soul-steeped sound ā€” such as "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" (made famous by Tony Bennett and Marianna Faithfull) ā€” although she didn't debut any new material.

http://www.spin.com/...road-redemption
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#129 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

Not even the yelling stupida in the crowd or the shaky images can distract from the fact that the "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" clip shows a regal lioness in a stunning white dress looking and sounding absolutely fabulous, with a response to match at the end of the song. By measure of this one clip alone, her comeback already is the success that her fans were hoping for. I know at least that it is that to me. That'll teach the cynics.:)
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#130 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Why would it? She's been "back" many times before. IMO, it's not a success unless she can keep it up.

And yes, as you all know, I'm one of those infamous cynics. Throw dirt at me.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#131 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

I hope she's feeling the love. This gave me chills.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#132 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

^^
nice ! Wonderful 2 see Amy getin back on track with everything . one step closer in the right direction. soon the rest of the world will see what we see in miss Amy Winehouse. TALENT TALENT & MAGIC :)

( i know american idol starts up this month , Always thought it would awesome if Amy was the guest mentor for a week . would be so freakin cool :)
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#133 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

Not even the yelling stupida in the crowd or the shaky images can distract from the fact that the "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" clip shows a regal lioness in a stunning white dress looking and sounding absolutely fabulous, with a response to match at the end of the song. By measure of this one clip alone, her comeback already is the success that her fans were hoping for. I know at least that it is that to me. That'll teach the cynics.:)

I'm in love with that BBD video! I've played it repeatedly. She's a real chip off the ol' Mitch, lol! Tony Bennett would be proud.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#134 Sassy

Sassy

Iā€™m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

^I can't get enough of it either, Dave. From the dramatic moment when the 'AMY WINEHOUSE' banner drops down as she enters the stage, to the grand bow at the end.

Oh God, that voice...the orchestration...

IwishIwishIwish she would record 'BBD' & 'Outside Looking In'

Edited by Sassy, 11 January 2011 - 06:33 PM.
edit

#135 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

She's doing well but it has to be kept up (it looks like she's been clean for awhile) and get out an album. A few performances won't undo everything. Regarding these shows, she sounds good but I wonder if she can still push it up high and belt. I'd hate to think her Frank voice is kinda gone, which was evident during BTB but still. Stop forgetting the lyrics as well.

Sidenote, you truly can't blame people for writing her off or thinking her voice would be gone by now. From the smoking, drugs, emphysema, and everything else, its a miracle its still there. I know at one point in 2008, I doubted she'd still be there.

Edited by D-Bomb, 11 January 2011 - 09:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users