Yuh, that's teh hideousness....

#4 Muchloveria

Muchloveria

...or bouffant on it's curl...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

I dunno how i feel about it; in one regard it seems shes pissed at someone in the crowd and she purposely calls out to them...and in the other regard she almost sounds exactly like sid vicious during his "my way" days...and i love sid vicious 8-/ so i dunno; i don't see it has terrible but as Amy being amy - wild and free and showing exactly how she feels; it seems like she is bored, tired, and ready to just relax but instead had to go up on stage and sing...i dunno though haha i just love her so i always try to see the positive
tumblr_lfcaafF1LO1qc41muo1_500.giftumblr_ld3ynhqfW91qabdjm.gif
"...behavioral patterns that stick over the years..."

amyjademermaid.tumblr.com

#5 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

Amy certainly has an anarchistic punk-like drive, which often shows in her interviews and performances, sometimes going into behaviour altering substances overdrive. Less now than in the past, thankfully. In the clip, she tells someone in the front row: "Smile, it's free." She may mistreat a song (edit: but not often), but as a neo-punk performance artist (edit 2: not meaning her music, but her style), no-one can hold a candle to her.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 08 October 2010 - 02:29 PM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#6 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:16 AM

Al I can say is that the guy playing the keyboard did a fantastic job. As far as Amy, I've never been the type to just like any and everything she does but this I actually like. Not so much enjoy but it sure was an honest performance lol LOL @ that guy turning around and walking away. It seemed like he thought others would follow by the way he made his exist.

#7 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:05 PM

What video was this?

#8 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

From people's comments it sounds like that video of her where she was wasted, just her and her keyboard player, at some children's charity event, she's wearing her hair short and curly and wearing one of those bandage dresses maybe... (or maybe I'm confusing with St. Lucia Jazz festival performance) I seem to remember it being maroon coloured. In the video I remember she's about as drunk as in Belgrade, and talking to people in the crowd, saying to one girl "you're pretty, you should smile".

I don't know, it's just a guess, and my memory of that video is a little foggy... ring a bell anyone ?

#9 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:10 PM

From people's comments it sounds like that video of her where she was wasted, just her and her keyboard player, at some children's charity event, she's wearing her hair short and curly and wearing one of those bandage dresses maybe... (or maybe I'm confusing with St. Lucia Jazz festival performance) I seem to remember it being maroon coloured. In the video I remember she's about as drunk as in Belgrade, and talking to people in the crowd, saying to one girl "you're pretty, you should smile".

I don't know, it's just a guess, and my memory of that video is a little foggy... ring a bell anyone ?

Hey there! It definitely rang a bell. It's funny because many people remark her state rather than her voice. Actually, her voice in that video  (I remember it quite well) sounds like Billie Holiday or Aretha Franklin. Excellent for me. Of course, I agree with you that Amy was drunk or sth.

Perhaps I have this video somewhere, I am not sure. I have to check. She is a legend. Wish there was inedit material like this one. Miss her terribly though!!!

#10 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

http://web.archive.o...says-Blake.html

The relevant article appears above the comments section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users