65 replies to this topic

#16 iwakeupalone

iwakeupalone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:08 AM

it changes...
right now I love her live performance of TDOTO on Jools...
and October Song... I can't help but sing along and change the "Ava" to "Amy"
my fav has always been Wake Up Alone

#17 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:42 AM

Tell me,just TELL ME what is it with me and "Wake up Alone"? It had marked an era of my life,I have it as my mobile ringtone for over a fuckin' year and there's no way I'm getting sick of it. I got to hear to the song again for the 377738397474th time today and I just...what can I even say? Each part of the lyrics,I can relate to SO bloody much that it literally kills me. And the lyrics...they just hit me right at heart. God,I'm in love.

Since getting the acoustic demo that was so kindly gifted to us, I've had it on repeat basically. I hope any new material sounds like this - raw and acoustic

This and Don't Go To Strangers, Free Nelson Mandela and Teach Me Tonight at the moment

#18 aries_124

aries_124

I died a hundred times

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

Today 'Me and mr Jones' is my favourite..its such a fun song :)

#19 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

I've also been listening to the recently gifted wake up alone a LOT, along with Mark's 'no bootleggy, no bootleggy' version, which makes me laugh.

I find Frank easier to listen to right now for some reason. It almost sounds like Back to Black and Frank were not recorded by the same person. Hard to explain, but I don't mean to diminish Frank in any way.

The demo of You Sent me Flying (on Frank deluxe) is incredible and is on repeat also. I would really love to hear the whole album stripped down, with no beats -either guitar, piano or both.
"I've got hair like them"

#20 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:40 AM

I've also been listening to the recently gifted wake up alone a LOT, along with Mark's 'no bootleggy, no bootleggy' version, which makes me laugh.

I find Frank easier to listen to right now for some reason. It almost sounds like Back to Black and Frank were not recorded by the same person. Hard to explain, but I don't mean to diminish Frank in any way.

The demo of You Sent me Flying (on Frank deluxe) is incredible and is on repeat also. I would really love to hear the whole album stripped down, with no beats -either guitar, piano or both.

lol No bootleggy! That used to bother me so much! :D

But i totally agree! I find Frank so much easier to listen to right now. But i completely agree also that its like frank and b2b are recorded by two different people. I used to actually not really like frank when i first began listening to her but ive come to absolutely love it! You sent me flying is my fav from frank!

Right now i keep listening to her version of Puppy Love from St. Lucia. Its funny how poor quality the recording of that is, yet how brilliant she still sounds. And i love the top rated comment on that video on youtube lol

#21 Witcky

Witcky

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

My favorite song is just the way you are by Bruno mars. I love this song because this sing has awesome lyrics.
Prams pushchairs and Nursery Furniture are perfect gifts for new moms.

#22 AFKAR7

AFKAR7

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

Some Unholy War - to have a woman write that and sing it for me, well she would have my heart and own me forever.

#23 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

tears dry on their own

Edited by Miss Mermaid, 24 August 2011 - 09:49 AM.

#24 Sir' Taurean

Sir' Taurean

Mr. Magic!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

Currently :

Some Unholy War
What Is It About Men
Cupid

It fluctuates between her entire catalog for me. I am obsessed and have been for about 3 years lol.

Last week, Best Friends & You Sent Me Flying were my jams.

#25 Sir' Taurean

Sir' Taurean

Mr. Magic!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

I totally get you in this!!!!!!

#26 Sbrnseay

Sbrnseay

I'll go back to black . . . .

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new to the group and I just found it today. I'm really excited to be apart of the forum and I'm looking forward to the exciting discussions.

It's very hard to choose because throughout Amy's short career she recorded a good amount of music so full of quality. There are singers out there who have recorded a huge number of music but the quality isn't there and it seems as if the recordings were rushed through. Not with Amy though because she spent time with her music, caring about what kind of music she released to the public and this is one of the qualities that made her an actual artist then just being a "singer". Anyways like I said it's hard to choose my favorite Amy Winehouse songs but at the moment these are ones that I've been listening to alot:

• Tears Dry On Their Own
  • Love Is A Losing Game
  • Back To Black
  • You Know That I'm No Good
  • Rehab
  • Take The Box (which is what I'm listening to right now at the moment, both the studio version and the live performances)

#27 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:19 AM

Love Is A Losing Game
Back To Black (white vinyl 45)
Valerie

these are my favorites today. we'll see what tomorrow brings

#28 Sbrnseay

Sbrnseay

I'll go back to black . . . .

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:07 AM

My favorite Amy Winehouse songs today are:

• Rehab
  • Take The Box
  • Back To Black

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For you I was a flame
Love is a losing game
Five story fire as you came
Love is a losing game

One I wished I never played
Oh what a mess we made
And now the final frame
Love is a losing game

--"Love Is A Losing Game", from Amy Winehouse's album Back To Black

#29 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:49 AM

I've been listening to Some Unholy War (Salaam Remi alternative version) a lot. Incredible. I will never tire of listening to it.

I remember Amy jokingly mention that someone said it sounded like a 'funeral' or like 'death'. Since Salaam produced it, and Amy seemed to prefer it, do we know who made the choice for the final cut? Management? Salaam? Amy herself?

The current version is OK, but it was never one of my favorites. The ska sound + tempo didn't seem to mesh with the lyrics. Then I heard the alternative version on the deluxe disc, and it made much more sense (to me).

I really, really wish that this version was chosen to be on Back to Black, because I want more people to hear it. I try to spread the word as much as I can!
"I've got hair like them"

#30 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:16 AM

Lately i' ve been listening a lot to:

Valerie (the version that's on Mark Ronson's album)
What Is It About Men
He Can Only Hold Her

60do5Ti.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users