#46 jejaynes15

jejaynes15

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

yeah its "do you wanna meet the band?"

I hope she schedules some more shows soon though.
I don't think I can wait until June for another show!

#47 Muchloveria

Muchloveria

...or bouffant on it's curl...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:32 AM

With the "i said do you wanna hear the band... that's what I thought", you can tell she's pissed

yeah and i don't know if this article is true but it could explain another reason for her angry demeneaor (beside the audience)

http://www.mirror.co...15875-22921754/
tumblr_lfcaafF1LO1qc41muo1_500.giftumblr_ld3ynhqfW91qabdjm.gif
"...behavioral patterns that stick over the years..."

amyjademermaid.tumblr.com

#48 Muchloveria

Muchloveria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:38 AM

Amy Winehouse Live In Dubai- (featuring Zalon Thompson)

#49 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

I hope the Thompsons can explain what happened. Maybe Zalon's 'thank you, Amy' tweet was because it took her a superhuman effort to go on at all. I'm not too bothered because I know she can still do it when conditions are good. She just can't 'play hurt', like they say in sports. If she doesn't like an interviewer she gives a fucked up interview. If she doesn't like a producer, she makes a fucked up recording. If she resents whoever got her a gig singing in a giant parking lot on the Persian Gulf ...
She's pathologically honest. It makes her singing great but messes up her life.

You said it again,Alan. THIS.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#50 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:58 PM

Amy Winehouse Live In Dubai- (featuring Zalon Thompson)

I was hoping to hear her opening number,Just Friends, but the short bit of it in the video doesn't show when the booing started. Interesting that after the first line she sings, she signals 'turn it up'.
Maybe the people that paid $130 US were mad to find themselves being literally looked down on by the people who paid $260 and were getting free drinks:
Posted Image
Heshima is still there. No sign of Amy returning. Wonder what's going on. Sad to not see her outsinging everybody else at the Grammys!

#51 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

Zalon's thoughts....

Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#52 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

It's hard to say from the footage, but I don't think she's acting drunk, she looks sedated, like she's on tranquilisers or something. She looks good, but not well. I have that look when I have to take valium or antipsychotic medication. I hope she's ok and the bad press doesn't discourage her too much.

#53 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

some more footage from the gig:

#54 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

I haven't been on here or followed Amy's career for a while. She looks lovely but bored - for whatever reason - and I can't understand why she was booked into this gig, it doesn't seem right for her at all.

Agree that the press are jumping to conclusions about her being intoxicated, & I can understand audience's frustrations but it seems like some go to Amy's shows just to complain.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#55 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

it seems like some go to Amy's shows just to complain.

QFT. Before the Dubai gig people were speculating on the drama Amy might cause rather than her performance. Seems a lot of people were there to ridicule her, wanting some disaster to happen and then complain about it.

Edited by Cecilia, 17 February 2011 - 04:57 PM.

#56 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:47 AM

another opinion:

http://www.arabianbu...bai-380406.html

Posted by: SOUND
Thursday, 17 February 2011 11:52 PM[UAE] - Dubai
as a sound technician myself dealing with live events, it really just sound like a bad mix of poor venue acoustics, resulting in monitor (including in-ear system) not being able to pick up the live sound and feeding it back to the artist properly COMBINED with an artist who doesn't have the alertness to pick up this problem and adjust to it and/or making the sound technicians aware of the problem. Mixing of the instruments also sounds terrible so it's not just her singing that is the problem here but the overall sound image is poor. It looks like the event organizer did not have the right experience with live sound production in order to mitigating risk of bad acoustics. and how on earth could she get through customs being in that state???
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#57 Muchloveria

Muchloveria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

I haven't been on here or followed Amy's career for a while. She looks lovely but bored - for whatever reason - and I can't understand why she was booked into this gig, it doesn't seem right for her at all.

Agree that the press are jumping to conclusions about her being intoxicated, & I can understand audience's frustrations but it seems like some go to Amy's shows just to complain.

welll Tara come back!!! amy is ;o)

#58 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

http://www.digitalpr...6-a-tall-order/

Long in depth article on the production of Amy's Dubai gig claiming the disappointing show was not down to the technical issues blamed by Amy's spokesperson (apparently she wasn't even using in-ear monitors) but rather to her poor performance and standing too far from the microphone. She didn't do a sound check before the show either. No idea how accurate this is, if it's the production crew trying to cover their arses or if this was really what happened.

#59 obama549

obama549

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

i just cant wait 2 see the day she performs on the grammys again and wins the whole night . awesome 2 see shes geting back in the performing ring . she has what it takes . im rootin 4 her! :)

show starts in an hour! hope it goes well! hope she breaks out new songs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users