suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:02 AM

http://www.mtv.co.uk...or-comeback-gig

Amy Earns £1M For Comeback Gig

Amy Winehouse’s ‘long road back’ starts on New Year’s Eve…

10:25, Saturday, 18 December 2010

Amy Winehouse will earn £1m for a one-off gig in Moscow on New Year’s Eve, two years after leaving the music scene.

The star is the guest of a billionaire oligarch, who flew her via private jet to the Russian capital on Thursday. She is staying in a £1,700-a-night hotel ahead of the performance at a private party.

A source said the Rehab singer planned to use the gig to prove to the world she had overcome her demons. “This is the strongest Amy has felt in a very long time. She is determined to go down in history as a world-class performer, not someone who ruined a spectacular talent through drugs. The long road back starts in Moscow.”

Amy is booked to perform six gigs in Brazil in January. If they go well, she’s expected to return to the UK festival circuit next summer. “She's keen to perform in front of a live audience again,” her spokesperson confirmed.
“It’s her first one for quite a while with her band. She’s really excited to get back on stage. Amy’s getting back in the swing of things and playing in places she hasn’t before.”

Kesha
and Boney M will also perform at the exclusive bash.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#2 StrongerThanMe

StrongerThanMe

♫ Like smoke I hang around ♫

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:01 PM

Amy Winehouse Tour 2010: Questions and answers with Heshima and Zalon

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

the 2 most annoying guys in her team. I want Ade back. and Zalon out.

But thanks! LOL

#4 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

I actually thought they were kind of cute! I like this mostly because they were talking about NEW SONGS! So, I'm really hopeful for the new album now. It seeems more and more likely it'll actually get released!
Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

#5 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

Zalon's lovely!

#6 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:53 PM

Andy Potts of The Moscow News:
http://www.mn.ru/art.../188293735.html

#7 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:28 PM

http://www.thesun.co...-in-Russia.html

Looks a bit shaky but maybe just nervous after so long away from the stage??
Posted Image

#8 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

We talk about Russia, it's cold out there. Too bad she forgot the words tho :(

#9 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:05 PM

That wasn't good. Did she not rehearse? She forgot the lyrics, that's just great. By the looks of things, she just did not want to be there, period. Hope things get better for upcoming gigs. Not terribly hopeful, though.
"I've got hair like them"

#10 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

Don't get me wrong, I love the girl & love her music, I just wish she would address her performance anxieties before doing those gigs in in Brazil & Dubai.

#11 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:22 AM

Amy doesn't want to change. Not yet anyway. Why change if you can play an hour long gig drunk and make 1.5 million? She could make a career playing Russia alone, and they have a shitload of vodka there.

#12 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:25 AM

...Russia is not the best destination for an alcoholic!

#13 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:42 AM

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

another version...
love the pic tho'...

Nice work if you can get it! Amy Winehouse paid £1m... for two-hour performance

By Simon Cable
Last updated at 8:17 PM on 20th December 2010

Amy Winehouse has been paid an astonishing £1million for just two hours on stage.

The 27-year-old singer, who has battled high-profile drink and drug addictions, performed a show in Moscow for a mystery Russian businessman.

It was Miss Winehouse's first full performance in two years and was described as 'fantastic' by one member of the crowd.

Posted Image Quids in: Amy Winehouse performed a show in Moscow for a mystery Russian businessman and was paid a staggering £1m

Among the guests were billionaire businessman Mikhail Prohorov and Sergei Kapkovym, head of the Russian Football Association.

Winehouse was flown from London to the Russian capital by private jet on Thursday.

She was put up at an exclusive £1,700 per night hotel in the city centre - but still managed to be there and back in the a single day.

Back on track: Winehouse earlier this month at the airport in Barbados

The troubled star has been one of most popular singers for Russian oligarchs after it was revealed her grandmother used to be a Russian emigrant.

Winehouse has not completed a full concert since 2008 as a result of her turbulent private life which has seen her battle drink and drug problems and a failed marriage.

She appeared on BBC1 show Strictly Come Dancing last year, when she provided backing vocals for her 13-year-old god-daughter Dionne Bromfield.

She then performed four songs at a low-key event to mark the launch of her new line of clothing for designer Fred Perry in October.

Her latest concert comes after her first comeback attempt ended in disaster in May 2009 when she was forced to abandon a performance at the St Lucia Jazz festival after slurring her words on stage and forgetting her lyrics.

This weekend's show in Moscow was Miss Winehouse's first private concert since billionaire Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich paid her £1.5million to sing at the launch of his girlfriend Daria Zhukova's Moscow art gallery in 2008.

A friend of the singer said the star was delighted to be back on stage, saying: 'It was a fantastic performance'.

'Amy was brilliant and went down very well with the crowd. She has a real following in Russia and no one was disappointed judging by the reaction she got.

'It was certainly a lot of money for such a short trip, but she is clearly glad to be back on stage. 2011 is going to be a big year for her.'

Her Moscow show was the first in a series of lucrative gigs over the coming weeks. Next month she is set to pocket £300,000 from a series of six shows in Brazil.

The singer is currently recording the long-awaited follow-up to 2006 album Back To Black. The as-yet-untitled album has yet to be given a release date.

Laughing her way to the bank: She was accompanied by a minder who was carrying a pair of guitars

Edited by suestev07, 21 December 2010 - 04:45 AM.

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#14 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:51 AM

http://www.youwb.com...-gig-in-moscow/

another version - here she sang for around 40 minutes...

Amy Winehouse plays oligarch’s gig in Moscow

Monday, December 20th, 2010 at 3:59 pm

The 27-year-old singer was flown into Moscow on the unnamed oligarch’s private jet last Thursday and put up in one of the Russian capital’s best hotels ahead of her performance the following evening. She sung a selection of her most famous songs which were hand-picked by the publicity-shy oligarch to entertain his VIP guests who included other tycoons and stars of Russian showbusiness. Her performance, on the closed-off top floor of a central Moscow shopping centre, went down well with the audience though the Russian media claimed she appeared withdrawn.Miss Winehouse, who has previously sung for billionaire Roman Abramovich and his girlfriend for a similar fee, is said to be a favourite among Russia’s super rich. Her performance on Friday lasted around forty minutes, meaning she earned just under £25,000 a minute.Wealthy Russian businessmen often like to fly in American and British celebrity singers to perform at private functions for hefty fees. The Daily Telegraph understands that the oligarch who flew in Miss Winehouse is estimated to be worth more than £3 billion, making him one of Russia’s richest men. Anxious to guard his privacy, he ensured that security at the event was tight, reportedly assigning fifty bodyguards to Miss Winehouse.

Edited by suestev07, 21 December 2010 - 04:55 AM.

#15 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:28 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love the girl & love her music, I just wish she would address her performance anxieties before doing those gigs in in Brazil & Dubai.

That wasn't good. Did she not rehearse? She forgot the lyrics, that's just great. By the looks of things, she just did not want to be there, period. Hope things get better for upcoming gigs. Not terribly hopeful, though.

We talk about Russia, it's cold out there. Too bad she forgot the words tho :(

As long as folk pay, she won't change. :( It broke my heart to see that performance, it's too soon for her.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users