Photo
- - - - -

Tour 2011

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think Amy will debut new material in the summer gigs? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Amy will debut new material in the summer gigs?

1. YES!! (16 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No.. (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#166 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

I don't think the show must go on applies in this situation where she was clearly incapable of performing and shouldn't have been allowed to.

The only people that profitted(sp?) from this debacle are Zalon and everyone that works for her, and they made money at the expense of her reputation and dignity and the public's hard earned money who payed to see a worthless show, didn't get their money's worth and as far as I know haven't been refunded and won't be given the money that's now in Zalon and co.'s pocket. It's despicable from beginning to end and I don't see how anyone can justify the people around her at this point.

Another poster made an excellent point, if the band, manager and her crew were to say, "No, Amy, you're not in any shape to perform. We won't do it!" What do you think would happen? The record company would say, "Fine you don't get paid, period." Then, probably a new batch would be hired, and the same thing would happen. The band, manager, roadies, etc. work for her and the record company.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#167 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

Wow, I love you, too. :-/ I posted afterwards that I'd agreed with you that it's not her band or management's responsibility. Plus, I'd calmed after thinking about the situation. ITA w/you that the responsibility lies on Winehouse's shoulders and her shoulders, alone. BTW, concerts are to pay for promotion, videos, etc. D-Bomb, we can agree to disagree, just do it in an agreeable manner? Peace?

I'm not, nor was I angry with you

#168 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

I'm not sure anyone shuld trust the quote in the article above about her being 'clinically diagnosed bipolar' - AFAIK, this is a self-diagnosis and I have never heard Amy or anyone close to her say different.

As a borderline myself, the more I see, the more I recognise my younger self. Obviously, as Phil said, these are complex dx and not easily diagnoseable, especially at a distance.

Nobody is insurmountable - a few years ago I thought I would never get over 'the love of my life'. It took time but I could not be more glad to have moved on now.

The only thing holding Amy back now is Amy.

Perhaps she is scared that her creativity will dry up if she sorts her shit out? I know I perform well when poorly, but you can't keep pushing it and pushing it cos eventually it goes from 'tortured genius' to, well.... Belgrade.

If you're creative, it's inside of you. You just have to adapt it.

#169 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:10 PM

Whatever,this is heartbreaking. I really really don't know what to say...
PS:Posted in another thread,sorry I just saw it.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#170 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

looks like most of the Belgrade videos are being taken off Youtube by UMG.

#171 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:16 AM

I'm not sure anyone shuld trust the quote in the article above about her being 'clinically diagnosed bipolar' - AFAIK, this is a self-diagnosis and I have never heard Amy or anyone close to her say different.

As a borderline myself, the more I see, the more I recognise my younger self. Obviously, as Phil said, these are complex dx and not easily diagnoseable, especially at a distance.

Nobody is insurmountable - a few years ago I thought I would never get over 'the love of my life'. It took time but I could not be more glad to have moved on now.

The only thing holding Amy back now is Amy.

Perhaps she is scared that her creativity will dry up if she sorts her shit out? I know I perform well when poorly, but you can't keep pushing it and pushing it cos eventually it goes from 'tortured genius' to, well.... Belgrade.

If you're creative, it's inside of you. You just have to adapt it.

Amen, Hazy Madame. :-P You've summed it all in a neat little package. We can all disagree with all rigamarole and goings-on with Winehouse, but in our own way, we totally care about her. Maybe we'll never know the difference between the hangers-on and people that truly care. I think everyone concerned is waiting with bated breath for the comeback. I sincerely hope that she'll take some REAL TIME off for self-help.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#172 JollyJumper

JollyJumper

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

Amy was in Istanbul

http://www.cnnturk.c...rildi/620911.0/

http://magazin.milli...462/default.htm

http://i.milliyet.co...is-1430337.Jpeg

her bodyguards attacked journalits...

http://i.milliyet.co...is-1430335.Jpeg

her bodyguards attacked journalits...

http://i.milliyet.co...is-1430333.Jpeg

http://www.ensonhabe...2011-06-22.html

Video

http://video.cnnturk...-olayli-ayrildi

Photos

http://www.cnnturk.c...1640/index.html

Edited by JollyJumper, 22 June 2011 - 01:34 PM.

#173 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

Thank you JollyJumper.

What on earth did she do on Turkey? I tought she didn't need to be there to cancel and assumed she'd fly straight back home. Maybe they took the decision to cancel after she arrived since the turkish gig was just a day after the serbian one. Nowadays everything is intriguing to me.

Glad to see Tyler James on one of the videos. He seem like one of the "appropiate" ones.
Posted Image

#174 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

Reg was there too.

#175 JollyJumper

JollyJumper

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

Thank you JollyJumper.

What on earth did she do on Turkey? I tought she didn't need to be there to cancel and assumed she'd fly straight back home. Maybe they took the decision to cancel after she arrived since the turkish gig was just a day after the serbian one. Nowadays everything is intriguing to me.

Glad to see Tyler James on one of the videos. He seem like one of the "appropiate" ones.

According to the article, He was in Istanbul to take a rest / for Holiday

#176 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

Bodyguards who can't control their temper and wanna get in peoples faces like that get you sued.

#177 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:53 AM

[quote name='PabloD']

I know what she was doing in Turkey!!!!

"I got some weed straight from Turkey, boy. TURKEY! Yeah man, It’s what gets those arabs off. Check it out man, It will boogie woogie on your mind.
::::::Cheech n Chong:::::::

I'm sorry I just couldn't help it
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#178 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

My theory is they weren't sure if they were canceling immediately so she flew over anyway or maybe she had to meet with the promoters

#179 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:34 PM

I have to say, with regard to the Zalon bashing and whatnot.....

Please remember, Amy is an adult, and it has to come from her - this is how addiction is, you will not quit til YOU want to and no amount of shouting, stressing and guilt-tripping speeds up the process.

I am sure Zalon and all her other friends have nagged til they are blue in the face, but you cannot force someone to sort their shit out. Sad, but true.

#180 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

Haven't been on here for 3 weeks...went into survival mode......my gut told me that I needed to break from the build-up, and possible devastation, re her then upcoming tour

I am so sorry for Amy the person, not only the musician....there have been so many wonderful posts about the situation...thank you all for all your comments and links...

however it plays out is still to be seen - she still has my love as no other artist has...may it play out in the best possible way for her, her family and fans...there's a lot of work to be done...
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users