Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Amy Jade Winehouse (14 September 1983 – 23 July 2011)

• Please log in to reply
3690 replies to this topic

#3676 ewchino

ewchino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2022 - 01:38 PM

Fly with the angels darling, you sang like one  :wub:

• Creeria, larahd4, JadedHearts and 8 others like this

#3677 ewchino

ewchino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2022 - 01:42 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Amy Winehouse, 27, found dead at her London flat

Last updated at 5:29 PM on 23rd July 2011

Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home in London, it has been reported.
The Back To Black singer was apparently found at 4pm and her death is believed to be unexplained.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1SwmkkV9Y

http://www.dailymail...irmed-dead.html

I still can't believe she died at such a young age. May she rest in eternal peace.

• JadedHearts, anthonyse16, hectorfp16 and 2 others like this

#3678 JadedHearts

JadedHearts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 July 2022 - 09:49 PM

Missing you so much today, Amy. I hate that you're gone :amy_crying:

A young woman of such vivid life experiences and wisdom beyond her years.

Amy's performance at the 2004 New Pop Festival is simply phenomenal. It holds a special place in my heart because it demonstrates how much of a powerhouse she is at just 21 years old ! She has this incredible charisma that just captivates you wanting more and more.

When I come across video clips of her crying or upset, I wish I could just jump through the screen and wrap my arms around Amy and console her.

There are times I feel awkward about crying over someone I've never met in person. However after joining the Forum, I feel comforted knowing many people here who admire and love Amy as well. I'm so thankful for the countless articles, interviews, unseen footage and songs I discovered here on the AW Forum.

She is incomparable, irreplaceable, influential, and iconic.

I wish the world was more compassionate when you were still here.

Thank you for sharing your voice, lyrics, and intimate moments with us.

Rest in eternal peace, Amy

• MingusMonk&Amy, LuckyHorse, Amy Legend and 2 others like this

#3679 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 23 July 2022 - 10:48 PM

Wow, your English sure has gotten a lot better over the years but your entitled attitude hasn't  ;)

Joke aside, why are you still going on about the Serbia concert being the event that drove her to drink herself to death? According to Tyler, who was with her on tour, she was fine once she sobered up and didn't care too much about the criticism, so I don't understand why you insist on putting out a narrative that you have made up in your head and which has been confirmed to not be true. Also, if the record company owes anyone an apology it's to Amy and her loved ones - not her fans.

Well, it's called common sense. Just put yourself in her shoes. Imagine you are a recognized singer, and there are plenty of videos shared on the internet about you being intoxicated (at the time she was alive, with thousands of negative comments - I remember them quite vividly -). Would you like that? I feel you are defending the management's side (probably you work there, I dont care honestly) but why don't you spend some time reading about her last days? Remember the text message she sent to Kristian Marrs right before her death.

Of course the record company should apologize (to the fans, to her family, whatever) but they never made it public and that's why I am (and will be) insisting because I don't think they did. Belgrade wasn't the only event in which she was exposed. She had been giving signals many years earlier. What was the point in letting Amy perform for more than 40 minutes in that state? I don't want to convince people who think like them to change their minds. I am just replying your comment. I dont want to continue talking, sorry.

• melnyk and anthonyse16 like this

#3680 larose

larose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 09:05 PM

Well, it's called common sense. Just put yourself in her shoes. Imagine you are a recognized singer, and there are plenty of videos shared on the internet about you being intoxicated (at the time she was alive, with thousands of negative comments - I remember them quite vividly -). Would you like that? I feel you are defending the management's side (probably you work there, I dont care honestly) but why don't you spend some time reading about her last days? Remember the text message she sent to Kristian Marrs right before her death.
Of course the record company should apologize (to the fans, to her family, whatever) but they never made it public and that's why I am (and will be) insisting because I don't think they did. Belgrade wasn't the only event in which she was exposed. She had been giving signals many years earlier. What was the point in letting Amy perform for more than 40 minutes in that state? I don't want to convince people who think like them to change their minds. I am just replying your comment. I dont want to continue talking, sorry.

Oh dear, you and your conspiracies. No one is saying that she was completely unconcerned with the criticism she received but she didn't care about it enough to drown herself in alcohol because of it, and considering the media/public abuse she experienced in the years prior, I think it's safe to assume that she was a bit hardened to it by then.

Unlike you, Tyler actually knew her personally and was with her most of the time in the months leading up to her death so I strongly suggest that you read his book to gain some insight into what was really going on. What she wrote to Kristan Marr was nothing out of the ordinary, she used to say that to Tyler all the time.

No one disagrees with the fact that her record label and management exploited her. Do I work for them just because I don't agree with your theory? No, I just choose to believe the words of her best friend rather than those of a fan with zero insight. No offense love.

• cych0 likes this

#3681 melnyk

melnyk

The Lighthouse Keeper

• Administrators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Location🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦

Posted 01 August 2022 - 05:57 PM

Dear larose, ewchino, xcoxc, marigold, yitoxac, wdqeraemd and, perhaps, many other members who have been posting from the same place.

Would you be so kind as to be a little bit more gentle to other members and restrain yourselves (or yourself) from attempting to persuade us that your opinion should be considered as the only correct one?

Please. =)

• Gus×Wino, JadedHearts and converliz like this

V.Melnyk

#3682 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 02:05 AM

Dear larose, ewchino, xcoxc, marigold, yitoxac, wdqeraemd and, perhaps, many other members who have been posting from the same place.

Would you be so kind as to be a little bit more gentle to other members and restrain yourselves (or yourself) from attempting to persuade us that your opinion should be considered as the only correct one?

Please. =)

Agree!

#3683 cych0

cych0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2022 - 10:31 PM

I can't believe it's already been more than 10 years since her untimely passing. She would have been 39 if she was still alive.

Belated happy birthday, Ames 🤍
  • blacktoypoodle likes this

#3684 TakeTheBox03

TakeTheBox03

Simple Sweet Guitar, Humbled By The Bass

• Moderators
  • 575 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 18 February 2024 - 02:44 PM

I was, once again, defending amy to my brother yesterday. honest to god truth, i've never talked to anyone who liked her. they are repulsed just hearing her name. this episode is a tipping point. I've said i'd never give up on her but i'm exhausted after supporting her so long and getting shit in return.
she needs to grow up and face her problems or get out of the business. in my experience, very few people would miss her.

this just hurts my heart years later

I was hit by a car once on my bike, but I still rode home. - AJW

#3685 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 08:39 PM

this just hurts my heart years later

Clearly people in 2011 had minimal knowledge about the kidnapping before Belgrade gig, shitty managers,abusive father, etc. This became visible thanks to the Amy Documentary (Kapadia, 2015). Besides, I remember June 2011 very vividly as I had been Amy's fan since 2007... and yeah I had mixed feelings: I thought Amy was never going to recover, Brazil was very good but Dubai was a bit disappointing than the former. I felt sad but angry at the same time. Probably her career was going to end if she continued being sober... all those videos from Belgrade show on YouTube were quite shambolic (remember that she watched videos of herself before dying...probably she saw these videos, who knows? Poor thing)

I was very afraid when she turned 27 in 2010... because of the 27 club. Anyways it's too late to regret. She became a fucking legend and she definitely deserves it.
I hope she is at peace right now, away from the ambitious people that were present in her lifetime (including boyfriends, Blake, Raye Cosbert,Mitch Winehouse, Peter Doherty...) I hope those people feel guilty until the last day of their lives because they played a significant role in Amy's death.
  • ivycherrywine, TakeTheBox03, yourshadowcoversme914 and 1 other like this

#3686 TakeTheBox03

TakeTheBox03

• Moderators
  • 575 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 26 February 2024 - 11:36 PM

(remember that she watched videos of herself before dying...probably she saw these videos, who knows? Poor thing)

i sometimes think she saw the belgrade video and didnt like it... so, she unalived herself. i dont blame her, the press was a big fuck in her life. im so pissed...

#3687 ivycherrywine

ivycherrywine

Paradise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 11:56 PM

i sometimes think she saw the belgrade video and didnt like it... so, she unalived herself. i dont blame her, the press was a big fuck in her life. im so pissed...

i hate the possibility that she did that but i also know she wasn't as happy during 2009-2011 as everyone made it seem. in almost every interview or video(except the duet with Tony) she seemed so distant and not fully there. i know she was on librium for her addiction, and it is a benzo (which is slightly similar to opioids) but i still think it was because she was so tired of everything and all the bs. 

• TakeTheBox03 likes this

#3688 TakeTheBox03

TakeTheBox03

• Moderators
  • 575 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 27 February 2024 - 12:01 AM

i hate the possibility that she did that but i also know she wasn't as happy during 2009-2011 as everyone made it seem. in almost every interview or video(except the duet with Tony) she seemed so distant and not fully there. i know she was on librium for her addiction, and it is a benzo (which is slightly similar to opioids) but i still think it was because she was so tired of everything and all the bs. 

she wasnt near happy but was trying to find happiness. i can tell she wasnt happy, look at her lives during then. it looked like she was cryin in one. ill try to find it. she DEFINETELY was distant. you could tell. she wasnt here... she WAS on librium, Raye didnt know about it, Tyler did though. i dont blame her. she shouldve gotten more help, she wanted it but didnt know where to get it... love the kid.

• ivycherrywine likes this

#3689 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 06:46 PM

she wasnt near happy but was trying to find happiness. i can tell she wasnt happy, look at her lives during then. it looked like she was cryin in one. ill try to find it. she DEFINETELY was distant. you could tell. she wasnt here... she WAS on librium, Raye didnt know about it, Tyler did though. i dont blame her. she shouldve gotten more help, she wanted it but didnt know where to get it... love the kid.

Maybe you are referring to Rehab live in Dubai. Her watering eyes broke my heart
  • ivycherrywine and TakeTheBox03 like this

#3690 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 06:48 PM

Regarding the Belgrade videos... those clips got extremely viral in June 2011 and, considering she was watching videos of herself, maybe -at least- she came across that video. Maybe in the upcoming film they will expand on this event.
  • ivycherrywine and TakeTheBox03 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users