6 replies to this topic

#1 penelope tree

penelope tree

Penelope tree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

I can't post the URL because I don't have enough points. I only discovered Amy about two weeks before she died....

But if you can YouTube Mick jaeger and Amy. Maybe it's been posted two million times here already. I don't know.

Remember that Tina Turner taught Mick Jaeger to dance? I love this clip because the veteran, invulnerable Mr. Jaeger is tries to pull Amy out of herself. He tries looking in her eyes. That's a big deal for a performer. That's a magic place. Watch her really relax at times. It's a beautiful thing to see. Two wild souls.

Sometimes music is only just a big show.

Then, sometimes only another musician that can really love and understand another musician and show that by helping inspire courage.

That's how I look at this clip today.

#2 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

I've never watched that whole clip and won't start now. I don't think amy even met mick(wrong?)before taking the stage. she was kinda told what to expect very briefly.
that's one big ass stage to walk out on cold and have the f'ing rolling stones waiting.

#3 penelope tree

penelope tree

Penelope tree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:31 PM

That's o.k. About not watching. But someday, maybe. No sh*t about a big crowd and expectations. But she did it. He helped her, too. But itnwas her that opened up and gave that open-face look that she can give. To me, it looked like she had real moments of forgetting everything and being into the music and the sheer pleasure of performing.

Thanks for turning this up and posting.

Penelope

#4 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:31 PM

you know, i bet ronnie wood talked to her that night. he was there for amy then on out.

#5 penelope tree

penelope tree

Penelope tree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:40 PM

maybe it's easy for me, only really listening to her music and paying attention for a few weeks.

I avoided Ms. Winehouse for years because of the media circus. I hate all that drama. It would be very easy for me to feel pity for her by remembering her struggles. So, I guess for selfish reasons, I now try to find that golden place where she shines through all the effort it probably took her to get through even a day of her short life.

There are many clips I will not watch for my own idyosyncratic reasons. Thanks again for the post and your honesty.

#6 penelope tree

penelope tree

Penelope tree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

you know, i bet ronnie wood talked to her that night. he was there for amy then on out.

I hope someone talked to her. I don't know the first details of her life. But I know she had friends.

#7 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

lots of friends and much of her life and thousands of pictures are right here. when you get around to it, pick up her live in london dvd. it comes with the AWFUK seal of approval. (amy winehouse forums uk)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users