Photo
- - - - -

What is everyone's favourite song by Amy?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#76 stranger

stranger

rubber soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

I get obsessed with a different song every so often, and listen to it non stop for ages, until I remember another one I want to play, so I get obsessed with that one for a little while, and so on...
I am now going through my "Wake up alone" phase, but I do have to admit that the song I've played the most is "teach me tonight". I swear I couldn't stop it, I had it on repeat for weeks, literally.

#77 AmyJWinehousefan

AmyJWinehousefan

Amy Amy Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

My favorite songs of Amy have changed. I cannot stop listening to Best Friends, Right?(acoustic) and When My Eyes.
I think that those two songs are a bit forgotten. They show a youthful side of Amy. I actually find Best Friends a bit comical because that is exactly how my "best friend" and I are! I don't believe that it is necessarily a good thing though...... :P

#78 SHEENA_09

SHEENA_09

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:51 AM

My boyfriend and are going thru a really bad breakup..(are there any god ones?.) and I love Amy's songs.esp "Wake Up Alone"right now, but they are making me cry so much..seems every lyric relates to this god awful torture. You can tell she wrote from her heart.

#79 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

I'm currently going through a bad breakup too plus a bad time with my depression - and I found myself listening to 'Back To Black' and 'Love Is a Losing Game'. I've had a hard time listening to Amy's songs because I mostly fight the tears because I don't want to show my feelings to whoever catches me with red eyes, but when I'm broken to the point where everyone seems to know I'm not myself anyway, it seems to ease the pain a bit. I've always found it strange how at times like this, where my heart has seriously been crushed - my social anxiety seems to be a little less of a problem than usual. That's the only good thing about it, that I don't feel so self conscious since I had to break up with my boyfriend. Is it because I don't care about social interactions or anything else right now, or do I get enough relief through crying so that the tension is gone? I seriously have no idea. The only thing that I know is that it feels good to be here listening to Amy.

Edited by Katausa, 06 May 2012 - 05:51 AM.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#80 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

This is hard to answer, as it depends on my mood. I also go through phases, although there are a few safe bets I always come back to: Wake up alone, Teach me Tonight, Tears Dry on their own...
and I like a lot of Amy's unreleased songs, like Long Day or even the If I Do demo, it's short but I love it!!

#81 GoBackToBlack

GoBackToBlack

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

Hmm...
Id say 1. You Know Im No Good, the acoustic version of it is just spectacular, makes me breathless everytime.
2. Fuck Me Pumps, i just think that song is hilarious, and really shows her wit and attitude. Shes just so funny, and its such a different sound. I love it.
3. Back To Black, i really relate to this one. And i think its just so wondeffully written.
But cover-wise, Valerie. She nails that song so amazingly.
And i love Youre Wondering Now.

#82 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

These are just a list of my top faves, i love them because each one i can either relate to or i just think their great songs (=

Just Friends
Love Is A Loosing Game
Take The Box
In My Bed
Me and MR. Jones
Between The Cheats
Halftime
When My Eyes
(There Is) No Greater Love
Tears Dry On Their Own

#83 withaloha

withaloha

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

Fave cover: Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (it never fails to bring tears to my eyes)
Fave song: Love Is A Losing Game
I also really like Tears Dry On Their Own.

#84 AnnaAnna

AnnaAnna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

My favs are AmyAmyAmy, Me and Mr Jones and Valerie. And from her "sad songs" a song for you and Boulevard of broken dreams - I would love to have this one professional recorded!

#85 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

I get obsessed with a different song every so often, and listen to it non stop for ages, until I remember another one I want to play, so I get obsessed with that one for a little while, and so on...
I am now going through my "Wake up alone" phase, but I do have to admit that the song I've played the most is "teach me tonight". I swear I couldn't stop it, I had it on repeat for weeks, literally.

It's the exact same for me! Ive recently been obsessed with He Can Only Hold Her and previously it was Don't Go to Strangers. I'll exclusivley listen to these songs for extended periods of time

Posted Image
Amy J. Winehouse

1983 -

#86 Eva

Eva

Banned Bitch!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

love most of em, all in their own special lil way....i think "between the cheats" may be my absolute favourite, it's so damn cute

"sometimes I go about in pity for myself,
and all the while a great wind is bearing me across the sky...
"

I wanna keep you here laying next to me
sharin our love between the sheets

起死回生

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users