78 replies to this topic

#61 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

An obvious one, but the Other Voices set is near the top for me. I sat and watched it again with my 91 year old grandad when the BBC boxset came out and he absolutely fell in love with her because he used to be a jazz drummer (he played at the original Cavern a few weeks before the Beatles played there the first time, crazy shit) and he loved that she was so influenced by the musicians he loved. That, and the performances are amazing.

Other than that, the Milan gig is probably my other favourite because she was on top form. Oh and the We're Still Friends cover posted above too, so goddamn good.
  • HelloSailor likes this

#62 Nathalie

Nathalie

AmyBlaky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

Waow this girl's videos are all totally amazing !!!

sorry it was adressed to Crol's post ! Sorry

#63 ccnncr

ccnncr

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

I particularly like Amy's performance of Back to Black at a festival in Belgium in which the drummer messed up and skipped an entire verse meaning that the rest of the band had to quickly catch up and Amy had to improvise and transition from where she was originally to where the band had skipped ahead to... which she did effortlessly

#64 StuckInBlack23

StuckInBlack23

Always Crashing in the Same Car

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUSA; Kentucky

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

It's hard for me to say which performance of hers is the best since I'm still somewhat new to Amy (started listening since her death and will never stop :) ).

I really like her performance in 2006 at la Semaine, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that one yet. That performance is so heart warming and her vocals are top notch. The set list is great as well, OH and the performance of "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know" is so powerful. Her vocals were just oozing emotion.

The whole show is great imo. I wish her record company or whatever company is involved in the filming will release the full show on DVD or Bluray. If that happened I think I'd just die of excitement :)

What does everyone else think of her performance in 2006 at La Semaine? I'm very interested in your opinions.

tumblr_mx5bvdcRud1rr880fo1_1280_zpsa7a58   Stuck in Black with no way out...

#65 ThisGuitarCase

ThisGuitarCase

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

in addition to all of the above, I think the Paradiso show is another great one. It also contains my favourite performance of I Heard Love is Blind - much better than the album version in my view. There are a few tracks that seem to work a lot better live than on the albums (Addicted & Some Unholy War also spring to mind)

#66 orangevanilla

orangevanilla

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

Take the box circa 2006.

#67 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:27 AM

this one is amazing..

https://www.youtube....h?v=dXsKK0dbOeI

#68 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:42 PM

I envy those who were at the 2007 Mercury Prize.

• dykehaze and ora like this

#69 Poom

Poom

My Own Best Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

I envy those who were at the Mercury Prize 2007.

I envy anyone who saw her live..

#70 mayday

mayday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:51 AM

i noticed she always sang "some unholy war" very very seriously. 

she never played any games when that song came on. 

#71 amy_addicted

amy_addicted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:24 PM

I really like her performance in 2006 at la Semaine, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that one yet. That performance is so heart warming and her vocals are top notch. The set list is great as well, OH and the performance of "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know" is so powerful. Her vocals were just oozing emotion.

The concert was the January 29, 2007

I really like this version of Rehab.

• mayday likes this

#72 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

The concert was the January 29, 2007

But at that concert, just before she sang "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know", she says "for my husband". He was just off-stage, I seem to remember you see him in some of the footage... so this would have to be post may 2007, right ?

#73 amy_addicted

amy_addicted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:52 PM

But at that concert, just before she sang "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know", she says "for my husband". He was just off-stage, I seem to remember you see him in some of the footage... so this would have to be post may 2007, right ?

I do not know why she said it, but the concert was in January........It is rare

• HelloSailor likes this

#74 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:14 PM

My bad... you're right. In the video you see Amy point to someone off stage, I always just assumed it was Blake and that this was just after they married. This is one of my favourite concerts, I listen to it often.

Here it says that she sang with great ease, and that during rehearsal's, she sang perfectly while sending text messages :

http://cheekmagazine...lalbum-semaine/

She was on top form here.

#75 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:39 PM

idk, maybe, she just said it jokingly to a fan, who screamed marry me, we'll never know...it could be anything, but as a matter of fact, she said it, while she was still with Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users