39 replies to this topic

#1 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

I don't even look at the nasty comments on the internet but how do you keep your cool when people you have to deal with say things? I work with the public dealing mostly with people I would never want to see outside of work and somebody came in the other day saying something about Amy that I would rather not repeat but it was disgusting.

Outside of work I would have told the person off but at this job you have to smile in their face while they can be as rude as they wish. How do you deal with people like this without ripping their head off? I am sure others here have heard some things themselves.
Mike from NY, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Sep 2007.

#2 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

I think no matter what one says in support, there would be a retort and then what? I think I would just set my jaw and feel a bit of sorrow for the individual that just doesn't see a master when it hits them in the face.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#3 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

I keep trying to tell myself to ignore the comment and sometimes even though you succeed in resisting a response to them it is still hard. Even though i dont respond to them it stays in the back of my head and it just makes me so pissed off. The minute i heard about her passing i just knew i was going to start hearing the chessy ass "rehab" jokes.

And that i would have to try my best to ignore them. As for the best way to ignore people like this on the internet i just try to force myself to stay around this forum until everything cools down

#4 juniour

juniour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

I would simply ask them

" oh really...do you know her?"

...and when the disrespectful scum replies...
You just blink and look away :)
~~~I Go Back to Black~~~
http://www.facebook.com/JuniourGoh

#5 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:00 AM

try not to let your ego get involved. i went through a christian phase many years ago and prayer then and now helped. it's a very powerful thing to pray for people who have wronged you.
it gets harder and harder to hate.
or, the short version, be a better man, rise above it.
ps..i'm not saying i always do this and many times i'm just deciding whether to use a .38 or .357 magnum on their ass.

#6 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

I used to respond, but now I really try hard to ignore them (well, most of the time - the occasional outraged riposte still sneaks thru!). It appears to me that they must be truly miserable people, and although a response might make me fee better; it's probably not going to change any minds.

I have learned, however that there is one thing trolls really hate more than anything, and that is being ignored.

#7 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

i just have to wonder how many people said or screamed awful stuff to amy. i'm sure sure she heard it all...or read it all.

#8 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:18 AM

I say "Fuck em" and that's that. I know what's true and can't be bothered.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#9 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:07 AM

As long as it exists, some people hate it.
Ignorance is the best way to deal with rude comments.

#10 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

The Best thing to do is - like the others here already wrote- to ignore them. I have so many people around me which say nasty things about her. I used to defend her, but it's senseless because these people are just too dumb and i feel sorry for them.
Amy flies in paradise

#11 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:01 AM

I honestly put them in their place. I hated the usual "what did she expect. She was an addict" da da da... as if addicts deserve to die. Last time I checked, she wasn't murdering people or robbing banks. Let me know what Amy did to you personally to get your underwear knotted up and we'll talk from there. All of this negative crap people say about someone they only read about in the news and on the blogs, whatever. We all know Amy had problems but that seriously can't be a reason for you to spew hate towards her or anyone for that matter.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#12 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

Two words, my love: 'Fuck off'. Say them like you mean it.

#13 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

Three little words:

B A C K T O B L A C K

Followed by:

"NOW **** OFF YOU SADISTIC LITTLE MORON!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#14 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:25 PM

i just have to wonder how many people said or screamed awful stuff to amy. i'm sure sure she heard it all...or read it all.

don't worry - she could handle herself!

#15 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

not worried

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users