15 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:57 PM

if i had to choose it would be end of 2006 - until august 2007 (before those infamous pix with her and Blake coming out of the sanderson hotel)

#2 Guest_sugacream_*

Guest_sugacream_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

When she first came out

#3 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

I agree with you Julie. I mean, if you're beautiful, you always look beautiful but that period was really special. She changed her look from a teen girl to an attractive woman and the 50's dresses looked amazing on her. Besides I think this was her happiest period, so her eyes were always shining and she had this big smile on her face. Most of my favorite pictures of her are from that era.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#4 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

2005 to early 2007.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#5 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

Early 2007, particularly MTV Movie Awards and Glasto. Only woman in the world who could pull off the missing teeth look :smilie:

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#6 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

Frank era... when she had a very healthy look.

And most recently, her last appearance at the Roundhouse... she looked good, a little older and more mature. And most importantly she looked healthy and she got herself together and on top of things... which I hope turns out to be the case.

Edited by SoulShadow, 15 August 2011 - 09:48 PM.

#7 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

if i had to choose it would be end of 2006 - until august 2007 (before those infamous pix with her and Blake coming out of the sanderson hotel)

I totally agree, Julieannboo!
"I've got hair like them"

#8 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:43 AM

Early 2007, particularly MTV Movie Awards and Glasto. Only woman in the world who could pull off the missing teeth look :smilie:

Totally agree! lol LOL

She was absolutely beautiful. Some of the dresses she wore like at the brits in 2007 or like at her zenith concert look incredible on her. That one dress that she wears in the tears dry on their own video is also, for me, incredible looking on her. I loved her style choice!

#9 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:47 AM

I really don't care for the pics of her in her shorter curlier hair because it just seemed like a very dark, sad period in her life. always kind of makes me sad when I see pics of her w/her hair au natural. although I love how she pulled off the bandana wrap(reminds me of Rosie the riveter from WWII) and looked so cute...again, it was not a very nice time in her life so again, makes me sad.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#10 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:21 AM

Anytime Amy wasn't obviously physically suffering from her problems, I think you can find gorgeous pics of her. I would have a hard time choosing among them, just as I have a hard time choosing among her songs.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#11 iwakeupalone

iwakeupalone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

Late 2006/early 2007... not sure when exactly she performed Rehab & TDOTO on Jools Holland but she looked and sounded perfect.

#12 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

this is how i remember her - seeing her around camden with that black jacket, those skin tight jeans and her black reeboks.
i didn't know much about her then but i wished that i would have approached her during this time.

(between december 2006 - february 2007 - i must have seen her around 6 times in camden. she was usually with a guy with glasses - i think it must have been an assisant or something.)

Posted Image

taken in january 2007 - at the bbc in maida vale. (was this last promotion period for her? i don't recall her doing tv or radio to promote her singles anymore after this time.)

#13 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

She looked great in 2007, but to be honest i loved her "new" look (2010 - 2011). You know? Her new hairstyle was so sweet and i find that her face also changed a bit if you compare it to pictures from 2006-2008:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Her new hairstyle looked so amazing! <3
Amy flies in paradise

#14 lolainas

lolainas

Never Clip My Wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

Cynthia I agree with u, she was wonderful at early 2007 but in that period she is really cute.

.why dont you come on over, Valerie?

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck."

#15 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

1983-2011 and always totally gorgeous.

:-P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic