Photo
- - - - -

Is there a possibility to visit Amy's Grave?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#16 HugoRockz

HugoRockz

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

I know how you guys feel like. I feel pretty much the same too. Ever since her death, I couldn't stop listening to her once again and god knows until when this will stop. Every night before I fall sleep, I'll watch Love Is A Losing Game music video and I feel so breathless and sad. At the same breathe, it still feel like she's still alive somewhere somehow. I dunno. I always thought I'll see her one day when I finally visit UK, but she left before I even had the chance and also, I live half way around the world. I guess I just wanted to give her a big hug and tell her how much I love her. When my friend told me the news 2 hours after her death, I couldn't accept it. I thought it was some sick rumor! Until the next day when I was at work, it came out on the paper and people were talking about it. I said my goodbye to her in my head and everything I wanted to say to her. I even had tears in my eyes while working and somewhere she started singing Some Unholy War in my head that I had to stop what I was doing and take a deep breathe. I used to get onto internet to see every paparazzi pictures and videos of her, see wot she was wearing and wot she said. I'll always miss her than ever before. I'm gay, but I swear if she's still alive, I would get her good and make her marry me and give her her happiest life she always deserve. I love you much, Amy...

#17 Vangrrl

Vangrrl

Crazy Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

Theprojectzero, you just took the words out of my mouth.

#18 iwakeupalone

iwakeupalone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:55 PM

Whenever I listen to her music now, I often think to myself "She isn't on this earth no more, she's really gone" and it doesn't seem real in the slightest... there's too much life in her music to ever think of her as "dead" ... :( I hope there is/will be a memorial site somewhere in England. Ian Curtis was cremated in 1980 and I've been to his memorial stone a couple of times. It's good to be able to pay your respects and in some bizarre way I guess feel closer.

#19 fuck-me-pumps

fuck-me-pumps

empty inside.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

I hope there is/will be a memorial site somewhere in England.

Yeah, me too. It would be really great if we (people from all the world who love and admire her) could meet there one day...

#20 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:46 PM

Can one still lay flowers outside of her home?

#21 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:08 AM

^I thought I read somewhere that once they cleaned up the memorial wall a couple weeks ago, there was no more. thought I read that there is security outside to enforce. Not sure about the park across the way though. somewhere that is more 'in the know' can probably answer your question more thoroughly.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#22 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:11 AM

at some point i will go up there in my lunch hour.

i dreamt about amy again last night. it been a month already.

#23 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

i went to camden square at lunchtime.

most of the tributes are gone. there are a few by the side of the little park - these have been left by european tourists.

there were a few spanish tourists there. it quiet on the whole.

i sent Amy all our love.

then i walked past her old street in camden - the flat where she lived in 2008. for me i remember amy more for living there. x

#24 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:03 PM

i went to camden square at lunchtime.

most of the tributes are gone. there are a few by the side of the little park - these have been left by european tourists.

there were a few spanish tourists there. it quiet on the whole.

i sent Amy all our love.

then i walked past her old street in camden - the flat where she lived in 2008. for me i remember amy more for living there. x

On which street is amy's former flat? I'm visiting London in September and would really like to pass by when I'm there. Kind regards :9

#25 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:20 PM

On which street is amy's former flat? I'm visiting London in September and would really like to pass by when I'm there. Kind regards :9

I guess we can say this now? 25 Prowse Place

#26 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

Thanks alot, can't believe I've been in Camden 233543 times and had no idea that she lived there.
I thought she would live in a more quiet neighbourhood somewhere. I love Camden though, love spending time there. Thanks for letting me know the adress!!

#27 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

^^had alot of fun on Google maps 'street view' with that one. I always wondered what was across the street. so fun to do panoramics, go around the corner, etc. as many times as we'd see the cars go down the street leaving her place, or Amy walking, was fun to see where those paths lead to.

was very sad to see that upstairs window where there are a few photos of her sitting in the window eating candy and tossing popsicles down to kids below.(saw those pics somewhere a long time ago)

#28 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

did you have to put this out on a public forum - couldn't you have just pmed the person?

people live there you know...

that the 2nd flat - the first flat was also famous too.

#29 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:53 AM

She also had a flat in High Barnet (when she was returning from St. Lucia). Do you know the reasons why she moved out there? I thought maybe because she loved Camden Town and wanted to live there again...
Amy flies in paradise

#30 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:11 PM

I don't think anyone would NOW go knock on a stranger's door of her former flat in Camden. Many people may never get the opportunity to ever get to Camden, and for me it was fun to go to Google street maps and see the place in a panoramic. How many times we would see her entering/leaving, answering her door. was nice to 'see' her neighborhood where she lived, the businesses around the corner, etc. I 'drove' around the neighborhood. was so nice to get a taste. Not all of us live there, you know.

*edited to add: I then went to Camden Park and was nice to look around her most present neighborhood too,...and to find her house on that nice tree-lined street.

Edited by tunisianswife, 23 August 2011 - 01:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users