Photo
- - - - -

Is there a possibility to visit Amy's Grave?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

She also had a flat in High Barnet (when she was returning from St. Lucia). Do you know the reasons why she moved out there? I thought maybe because she loved Camden Town and wanted to live there again...

yep - it wasn't camden.

#32 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

did you have to put this out on a public forum - couldn't you have just pmed the person?

people live there you know...

that the 2nd flat - the first flat was also famous too.

well, i hope people have enough decency to not terrorize the ones who live there now. and i hope whoever is living there wouldnt mind people passing on the street? IF they by any chance would travel to london :)

Edited by CHCHANEL, 23 August 2011 - 08:11 PM.
added a sentence

#33 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

CHChannel: if you go to 'google street maps' and type in the address, it will allow you to be 'virtually' there. you can pan around, up, down, you can click on the arrows and go down the street, turn the corner. It is wonderful and since you are going to London soon, google maps street view would be a great way to get your barings. how you have a great time and bring back lots of pics.

** I agree that no one would want her former address to stalk whoever lives there. there isn't a law that says one can't walk down a street quietly, peacefully, respectfully. I'm sure others have gone there, since they somehow knew the address.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#34 northernsky

northernsky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:34 AM

Being new-ish here, I don't know if this has been spotted before.
But far from the Prowse Place flat being private, it appears to have been taken over these days by an animation business called Ocean Visual, who are using it to show off their 3D-style guided tour of buildings type-software. I can't post the direct link, but if you google 'Ocean Visual Prowse Place', you can go on a virtual tour of number 25.

#35 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

apologies if my post sounded harsh. all i meant was - anyone can visit this forum and we don't know if they would be respectful like the fans would if they went to her former properties.
i just meant for all of us to keep the street names on a down low x

#36 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:56 AM

^^had alot of fun on Google maps 'street view' with that one. I always wondered what was across the street. so fun to do panoramics, go around the corner, etc. as many times as we'd see the cars go down the street leaving her place, or Amy walking, was fun to see where those paths lead to.

was very sad to see that upstairs window where there are a few photos of her sitting in the window eating candy and tossing popsicles down to kids below.(saw those pics somewhere a long time ago)

hint: have a look at the surrounding streets - you will recognise the flat she had before that. remember when she would get papped coming out of a gate 2006-2007? it was a five minute walk from there to PP . the paps even helped her carry stuff to the new flat!

#37 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

oh, dear i will feel like a child when i'm back in london. i will search for that little crepe stand in camden too, will take many pictures for anyone who want's a peek!
thank you for all your tips and guidings, you're all lovely! <3

Posted Image

#38 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

oh, dear i will feel like a child when i'm back in london. i will search for that little crepe stand in camden too, will take many pictures for anyone who want's a peek!
thank you for all your tips and guidings, you're all lovely! <3

alo of people miss the crepe stand. it is out most days in inverness steet market. the painting of her (the back of the stand) - is usually facing the shoe shop 'Office' - just to the side of that.

#39 iwakeupalone

iwakeupalone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

I visited Camden Sq yesterday... it was very quiet, very peaceful. There were about 10 other people around and most of them were foreign. A lady I spoke to had travelled from France to visit. It was quite overwhelming... I shed a tear as I read some of the tributes.

#40 Cherry Bomb

Cherry Bomb

Velut Inter Ignis Lunae Minor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

I visited Camden Sq yesterday... it was very quiet, very peaceful. There were about 10 other people around and most of them were foreign. A lady I spoke to had travelled from France to visit. It was quite overwhelming... I shed a tear as I read some of the tributes.

i wish i could leave there a flower..

#41 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

yeah - i looked up at the window and said 'miss ya kid'

it makes it all real doesn't it.

#42 iwakeupalone

iwakeupalone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:02 PM

my mum & I had a couple of drinks in the good mixer at around 3pm yesterday... it was dead, only the two of us in there and a fan who I later saw again in Camden Square. I know it gets busier after people leave work though. She was chatting to the guy at the bar, who was telling her that Amy played pool on that exact table and how Pete Doherty's manager comes in often and has booked a gig for him there once he is released from prison. All I really did was gaze at the pool table, imagining Amy playing pool on it... :P I then went to the Hawley, which had messages for Amy all over the toilet doors...

#43 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

i wish i could leave there a flower..

i'll leave one for you when i go there!

by the way, about the fan who traveled from france, it really doesn't surprise me. i'm doing almost the exact thing just that i travel from sweden.
i think it's something some people just feel that they need to.
i'll think about everyone who couldn't get there, and pay all of our respects when i go there. <3

Posted Image

#44 Cherry Bomb

Cherry Bomb

Velut Inter Ignis Lunae Minor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

[quote name='CHCHANEL']i'll leave one for you when i go there!

xxxx

#45 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:19 AM

The Good Mixer Pub from one of my trips.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users