16 replies to this topic

#1 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

Terrible video from tv but all I saw on youtube (from V Festival this weekend)

#2 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

^thanks for posting. I'm sure there will be other better quality videos on YT but she did a great job.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#3 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

Don't mean to be rude, but Dionne's voice is awful, too nasal. Besides I think she shows no emotion when she sings. Sorry but no one can replace Amy.

Edited by ladyamy, 22 August 2011 - 06:31 PM.

I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#4 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

Don't mean to be rude, but Dionne's voice is awful, too nasal. Besides I think she shows no emotion when she sings. Sorry but no one can replace Amy.

Who said anything about Dionne replacing Amy? She doesn't have an awful voice either, she might not be your cup of tea but there's no need to slate her. She's just a girl who can hold a note & had the opportunity to honor her godmother with her own take on 'Valerie', nothing wrong with that in my book...

Anyway.

I hope a better quality version comes out, also its good to see Dionne is still able to enjoy her time on the stage, i wish her nothing but the best.

#5 SoulRehab

SoulRehab

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

I love Dionne !
She sings nasally though. It's a big problem.

Still think she's the sweetest girl with a big heart ! She deserves the best.

#6 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

To my mind, Dionne is pretty much a baby in terms of singing and her voice is still rather 'thin' in texture.

As such, I thought I would absolutely hate this. The truth is, though, I actually don't.

And I'd far rather it was Dionne performing it than some damn
hopping-on-the-bandwagon mercenary.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#7 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

Um guys ...isn't Dionne 15 years old?? Men aren't the only people whose voice changes....Dionne has plenty of time to have her voice change.

#8 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

It's all great but at the same time so extremely depressing... Can't believe everyone but Amy gets to perform her songs from now on.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#9 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

Give Dionne a few years and her voice will mature beautifully. I think with all that she's been through, she's got such strength and experience. I hope she pours this into her music.

I'm so impressed with her new album. So unexpected, there's some really brilliant tracks on there. And she wrote or co-wrote most of them!

#10 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

I think she has a great voice at such a young age. I love mostly the way she carries herself. she is very mature for her age and realized that from the interview she gave on BBC shortly after 7/23.

*interestingly, a couple years ago I remember seeing a 'paps' video on YT w/her and Amy in a corner store. Amy was buying candy and Dionne was with her. Amy was pulling (I think) licorice out of a container and started eating a strand of it there, she hands one to Dionne who would not eat it...she starts to but then stopped and I presumed because she hadn't had it paid for yet. I felt then that she was really a very well-behaved girl.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#11 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:33 PM

Um guys ...isn't Dionne 15 years old?? Men aren't the only people whose voice changes....Dionne has plenty of time to have her voice change.

Amy's voice certainly changed - big time - between Frank & Back to Black, imo. I much prefer her voice on B2B.

Dionne has time on her side. There's definitely talent there, and she has potential - no doubt. She's still a kid. Time will tell.
"I've got hair like them"

#12 HugoRockz

HugoRockz

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

I'm okay with Dionne in her first album. I think the album is very safe bet and clean cut. I figured her second album would be something similiar, but I was so wrong! I'm so amazed by her second album. The music direction is a spot on! Infact for some strange reason, I kinda feel that's where Amy kinda heading with her new album, but just a thought anyway. The album music is brilliant, I love it very much, but I can't help to wonder does Amy have anything to do with it. Maybe Amy pointed out the music direction without saying anything, she's like this! If that's the case, I'm worry about Dionne after Amy existed. Dionne is nothing like Amy, Amy could bring her songs to another level higher when she does it live. I've my doubts about Dionne. Nevertheless, I still think she's amazing! Good on her! Her new album is one of the best album I've heard since Back To Black. Dionne's talent in writing lyrics is very poor in my humble opinion.

True, maybe she still need sometime for her voice to mature. Time will tell.

Edited by theprojectzero, 23 August 2011 - 12:07 AM.

#13 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:17 AM

I think Dionne is excellent! Very nice tribute! The girl is only 15 guys...dont be so hard! She has a lot going for her. And i think she will be very prepared for the industry thanks to Amy who cautioned her strongly against drink and drug use. Dionne is a very cute girl too.

Im still hoping for her cover of Love is a losing game at the big chill concert!

#14 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:22 AM

Painful hearing Dionne sing that. But her Bob Marley cover has been my most-listened-to song since it came out in May.

#15 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:36 AM

Amy's voice certainly changed - big time - between Frank & Back to Black, imo. I much prefer her voice on B2B.

Dionne has time on her side. There's definitely talent there, and she has potential - no doubt. She's still a kid. Time will tell.

Yeah, I prefer B2B Amy, preferrably late 2007 Amy. But I love when her voice is full and loud.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users